Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

All the changes sound really cool, I always thought this would have been a much better game with a rebalance and I'm excited to give your next release a go. How far into the game will the next release cover?

I'm waiting for any new too. From the characters only left the post 3-5 characters to appears, and I don't remember if DLuna already mentioned how would work Reyson xD

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for any new too. From the characters only left the post 3-5 characters to appears, and I don't remember if DLuna already mentioned how would work Reyson xD

Rafiel: 5/8 move (no flight; but immunity to most terrain costs when transformed). Tankiest overall. Mostly gains transform gauge when attacked. Refreshes all surrounding units consistently. Has Sacrifice like Micaiah. Highest base level (more galdr options).

Leanne: 5/11 move. Fastest transform gauge. Innate 1-2 range healing with the highest MAG. Squishiest against physical but has the highest SPD/avoid. Loses all gauge when attacked. Only refreshes vertically/horizontally. Lowest base level (least galdr options).

Reyson: 6/9 move. Slowest transform gauge. Innate Maelstrom and has the highest STR/SKL for skill procs (good with Counter/Pavise). Refreshes only one unit when not transformed and all surrounding units when transformed. Average base level.

That's the rundown on all three Herons. All of them are quite distinct.

Edited by DLuna

Rafiel: 5/8 move (no flight; but immunity to most terrain costs when transformed). Tankiest overall. Mostly gains transform gauge when attacked. Refreshes all surrounding units consistently. Has Sacrifice like Micaiah. Highest base level (more galdr options).

Leanne: 5/11 move. Fastest transform gauge. Innate 1-2 range healing with the highest MAG. Squishiest against physical but has the highest SPD/avoid. Loses all gauge when attacked. Only refreshes vertically/horizontally. Lowest base level (least galdr options).

Reyson: 6/9 move. Slowest transform gauge. Innate Maelstrom and has the highest STR/SKL for skill procs (good with Counter/Pavise). Refreshes only one unit when not transformed and all surrounding units when transformed. Average base level.

That's the rundown on all three Herons. All of them are quite distinct.

It's nice to actually have reasons to use Leanne instead of just be lit-Rafiel with flying.

Edited by Troykv

Reyson with innate Maelstrom does soubd prettty fucking funny, in a good way. You mean innate as in without capacity cost initially? I guess he can't reequip it if you unequip it from him though.

I really like their new move ranges. And going off the descriotion it really seems Reson traded growths with Ranulf.

Reyson with innate Maelstrom does soubd prettty fucking funny, in a good way. You mean innate as in without capacity cost initially? I guess he can't reequip it if you unequip it from him though.

I really like their new move ranges. And going off the descriotion it really seems Reson traded growths with Ranulf.

What it does Maelstrom?

Ranulf's Growths? xD

*Check them* 30% STR, 40% SKL... I guess that is high for Laguz Standarts o.o

I love that you gave Astrid a higher speed base than the other CRK it will make up for being bow locked.

Technically she isn't bow locked by having staff utility (and gains 34 EXP per Mend use so doesn't even need to take kills).

Her combat still isn't fantastic even with high speed, but there are a lot of enemy Falco Knights in both 2-3 and 2-F which she is great at taking down (Who nobody else except possibly Danved can 1 round).

EDIT: Speaking of Danved, I have the hilarious urge to retcon him to actually be Lanvega (Fiona's father) who suffered anmesia and disappeared suddenly years ago. That would be why he keeps changing his identity (because he forgets it) and why him and Fiona have one of the fastest supports in the game (I'm not joking, this is in the vanilla game).

Edited by DLuna

Oh, you managed to get horserider staff combat animations to work?

Not quite, no.

Gonna have to settle with the T-stance combat animation if you're attacked (or just turn off solo animations for her) -- but at least it won't cause any issues to the game.

For gameplay purposes its well worth doing though and staff users shouldn't really be attacked. But it's why I haven't given new weapons to physical classes (although the only addition I'd consider is maybe Axes!Meg in tier 2 or something). Therefore this will only happen with Astrid/Fiona/Marcia/Tanith and Sigrun with staves.

Edited by DLuna

Technically she isn't bow locked by having staff utility (and gains 34 EXP per Mend use so doesn't even need to take kills).

Her combat still isn't fantastic even with high speed, but there are a lot of enemy Falco Knights in both 2-3 and 2-F which she is great at taking down (Who nobody else except possibly Danved can 1 round).

EDIT: Speaking of Danved, I have the hilarious urge to retcon him to actually be Lanvega (Fiona's father) who suffered anmesia and disappeared suddenly years ago. That would be why he keeps changing his identity (because he forgets it) and why him and Fiona have one of the fastest supports in the game (I'm not joking, this is in the vanilla game).

That's interesting I didn't know their supports were that fast, I hardly put them on the same team though lol. I like that retcon btw, maybe IS planned that but didn't get to it because they rushed supports.

That's interesting I didn't know their supports were that fast, I hardly put them on the same team though lol. I like that retcon btw, maybe IS planned that but didn't get to it because they rushed supports.

Canonically he might have been planned to be her uncle or something (since Lanvega is hinted as dying instead after FE9) but yeah, the devs didn't get around to confirming that and they just left a fast support for them.

A possible re-write though would be that Lanvega left Daein with Griel many years ago as retired comrades, entrusting the control of Morado to his best advisor/warrior and then to Fiona when she comes of age.

He ends up being involved with the tragedy in Gallia and is the one to actually end Griel's madness by pulling the Medallion out of his grasp after he kills Elena (and immediately is dropped). However, this then means that Lanvega has been exposed to it, if only slightly. He doesn't go completely mad, but his mind shatters and the rest is history.

Not a bad concept IMO. Danved actually being one of the four riders would be an interesting twist.

Canonically he might have been planned to be her uncle or something (since Lanvega is hinted as dying instead after FE9) but yeah, the devs didn't get around to confirming that and they just left a fast support for them.

A possible re-write though would be that Lanvega left Daein with Griel many years ago as retired comrades, entrusting the control of Morado to his best advisor/warrior and then to Fiona when she comes of age.

He ends up being involved with the tragedy in Gallia and is the one to actually end Griel's madness by pulling the Medallion out of his grasp after he kills Elena (and immediately is dropped). However, this then means that Lanvega has been exposed to it, if only slightly. He doesn't go completely mad, but his mind shatters and the rest is history.

Not a bad concept IMO. Danved actually being one of the four riders would be an interesting twist.

I can see that as fine. It makes things make a bit more sense in PoR tbh.

I can see that as fine. It makes things make a bit more sense in PoR tbh.

To be specific, I've always thought that Elena being able to really conveniently take the Medallion away from Griel after he impales her to be a bit silly.

staff users shouldn't really be attacked..

Depends - for Astrid specifically, if she is gonna get attacked only in melee, there is no drawback intrade-swapping her equipped bow with a Mend or Heal so she gets some HP back next turn.

This begs the question - can the new staff cavalry trigger sol iwth them?

Depends - for Astrid specifically, if she is gonna get attacked only in melee, there is no drawback intrade-swapping her equipped bow with a Mend or Heal so she gets some HP back next turn.

It's still nice. It gives her 1 range counter attacks for what it's worth.

It's still nice. It gives her 1 range counter attacks for what it's worth.

Staves on average have 50-55 HIT and Astrid has middling SKL, so I doubt she'll be able to reliably do much with them unless their enemy has worst biorhythm.

Definitely nice for healing or stat boosts though. Something like the Thief Staff raises speed by 4 (so +8 avoid) which can be useful.

DLuna,what are your plans to 3-13 archer??

Embrace the meme and make him even better, obviously. He also appears in 3-6 and 3-12.

Downside is that he's now an 'Other/NPC' unit rather than a 'Partner'. A man of that stature requires independence, of course. He don't need no orders.

He's also the proud owner of the almighty Aqqar and shall bestow you with it in 4-P, after he deservedly retires.

You better watch out for him in 3-F however. He means business.

Edited by DLuna

Embrace the meme and make him even better, obviously. He also appears in 3-6 and 3-12.

Downside is that he's now an 'Other/NPC' unit rather than a 'Partner'. A man of that stature requires independence, of course. He don't need no orders.

He's also the proud owner of the almighty Aqqar and shall bestow you with it in 4-P, after he deservedly retires.

You better watch out for him in 3-F however. He means business.

WOW! Now I'm even more hyped for the hack! I want to see this guy in action!

Edited by Ace Pelleas

Exciting. Consider making the other ballistier an Other too so Order:Target for emergency chockepoints doesn't stop him from dealing (or hvaing dealt with, in Other phase) a ruhsing hawk, and even the backline bishops Others, so that they still heal and they do so before the Player Phase and you don't have to player around who you think they will heal during the ally phase.

On another matter, was there any map in RD were you had enemy raven laguz, beside the feral ones?

On another matter, was there any map in RD were you had enemy raven laguz, beside the feral ones?

In the vanilla game? I don't think so.

Enemy ravens will appear on 1-4 in Challenge Mode though (and more ferals appear throughout part 4 as well, although mostly dragons).

Might keep using Ilyana then. I liked her in RD:Redux. Actually, I find myself liking all of the characters I kinda don't in Redux. Meg was like the MVP of the game for the DB.

Granted, Meg has changed further since the last release. 0 base skill with Micaiah's bio type. Her hit can occasionally be really awful. But literally all of her stats are insane except Skill/Luck.

Ilyana is good if you want a mage tank, regardless of effective damage. Wyverns are quite common too as well. Her speed is still bad but doesn't matter when she's one-shotting scalies and taking a lot of hits.

Huh, in that casem do you think there's any point where it might make sense to fight a few ravens serving Begnion during part 3, after Naesala's betrayal? I really don't remember if the ravens were mentioned to be doing anything at all from the moment they ambushed the hawks offscrennane, until the the medalion unsealing.