Spotpass: Prince Marth or King Marth?

Spotpass: Prince Marth or King Marth?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Prince Marth or King Marth? (Awakening spotpass)

Personally, I always used King Marth wielding Parallel Falchion with the build;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boost.)

- Rightful King (Plus ten percentage to all activation skills.)

- Pavise (Defense buffer.)

- Aegis (Resistance buffer.)

- Astra (Source of damage combined with Rightful King.)

Alongside Prince Marth as his pair-up unit wielding a forged Brave Sword named Falchion with the build;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boost.)

- Armsthrift (Unlimited uses out of forged Brave Sword.)

- Dual Attack+ (Dual Attack bonuses.)

- Dual Guard+ (Dual Guard bonuses.)

- Dual Support+ (Pair-up bonuses.)

It's a pretty decent duo, really.

I just realized, what about DLC Prince Marth, shouldn't that be mentioned as well?

Edit: Not to be confused with Spotpass Prince Marth, they're two different units fyi lol

Well, DLC Prince Marth is less valuable than Spotpass Prince Marth. They have the same Asset/Flaw yet the DLC one has less "unique" skills worth merit. Aptitude + Charm < Dual Attack+, Dual Support+, Charm, and Luck +4. lol

Okay well in that case then I stand corrected lol, I just thought of bringing this up if its any significance. Then again, DLC Prince Marth gets away because of Aptitude + high growth rates, so I guess that makes a difference...? I'm just saying.

Edited by Formerly Colm

The value of Prince Marth Spotpass is that he can give fellow Spotpass units viable support via Pair Up, having natural access to all three Pair Up skills. Train him up,and you will have a solid unit to have in Spotpass pairups. Has the highest Luk mods.

King Marth is more valuable in the long-run, having a natural Rightful King and a higher Str modifier, though his speed is at a -1 modifier. Has the highest Str, Skl, and Def mods.

Prince Marth DLC simply has Charm, which Prince Marth Spotpass also has, and Aptitude, a skill which becomes useless by the time you get to maximum stats.

DLC!Prince Marth's advantage is that you can recruit him very early without having to grind for gold, in case you don't have or don't want to use Golden Gaffe to get the required funds for the Spotpass Marths (also, his stats will be closer to the that of the rest of your party in case you don't want to trivialize the main story chapters). This in turn makes Aptitude more valuable, as he'll be able to keep up with your other characters throughout the main story through raw stats, despite not having access to support bonuses.

The Spotpass Marths are better postgame characters, however.

Edited by Radiant Dragon