Large Map GBA Hack

Shadowflare

can't give too many opinions since I don't know what you are going for but a few things.

- You are falling into the trap of death the kid when map making. Not everything has to be symmetrical.

- Space out the houses and shops, otherwise get rid of the extra armory and shop because it is redundant in that spot.

- If you do not have a serious chapter event planned with all those chests, I recommend drastically cutting many of them and placing them in key locations. Chests are incentives for the player to traverse your big ass map, They can be used to urge the player to take risks which is ideal.

I think that is it for now. Can't add more due to not knowing what is your chapter goal for this map is.

a bit better now for your purposes. Now slap a playable unit on it and insert it into the game so you can start getting a feel of how the gameplay will be on the map. Walk around, count how many turns it takes you reach places while there are no enemies there. How many turns it takes you to get to the shops/houses/arena. Ask questions like "Will the player be able to get here under my forces of evil?" and "What orders I want to give to my forces of evil to give the player plenty to worry about without making them quit?". things of that nature.

I cannot stress enough, if your map is making gameplay a bit boring in some areas or the gameplay is making kind of important parts of the map pointless, do not be afraid to change the map to suit the gameplay better. Trust me, trying to force the gameplay to suit the map will hurt it and make things difficult for you in the long run.

Other than that, because it is a survival map, it's pretty solid due to creating multiple access points for enemies to get to the player.