Kenneth or Jerme HHM-S Rank

SSJDennis

Hi all,

I'm planning on ahead to complete HHM with the S-rank. Tactics don't seem to become a problem. But EXP might be. To gain 420 levels... Seems really high to me. So my question is, will it be much better to get the Kenneth version? Because it requires less EXP? Or should I still do Jerme, because I can use more turns / get easy EXP anyway?

Thanks in advance,

SSJDennis

Kenneth's map is much better in my experience. Easy to complete the map with all requirements and turns to spare, less tedious, don't need to bring multiple thieves (or invest in chest keys, 500G a pop) to get all the valuables.

Jerme's map has seven more turns to work with, but it's larger, the snow is overall more inhibiting, and it's a rout objective.

Edited by feplus

Really? I've always had to exert some effort to get Kenneth over Jerme. But that's probably because I use Bartre for Karla, Dorcas for early EXP purposes, and Guy and Raven because they're good.

Raven is good. Guy is okay but passable. Dorcas is only useful early on. Bartre is bad and Karla is worthless.

Meanwhile, Serra and Priscilla are nearly essential for the experience rank. Erk and Lucius each are about as good as Guy on their own, but they're also easier to feed experience to.

I don't remember Jerme's map being much of an obstacle to S-ranking HHM the last time I ran it. If anything, Tactics are more of an issue and Experience is less of an issue in HHM than in EHM, because of how much experience you can get in the Hector-exclusive chapters.

The HHM bonuses on Harken (and not on Karel) and the fact that it's easier to recruit Harken on Jerme's map than on Kenneth's are also a point in favor of Jerme, in my opinion.

What I didn't like about Jerme's map was that it gave me a Hero Crest rather than a Guiding Ring.

I have an in-progress run that is slowly being completed thanks to school and work piling up, but the latest chapter is in fact Kenneth's map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhI8jvPBW9E

(Unfortunately it's a little ugly to watch, and I'm kinda slow... but maybe that's just me.)

Anyway, I believe both chapters have distinct advantages, notably Kenneth's map being easier to obtain and not as tedious, while Jerme's map provides more turns in case you're having a Tactics issue. I asked for help a few months ago to start this run, and so far I haven't found Tactics nor Experience to be especially difficult, so I wouldn't worry too much about the differences in ranks that these two individual chapters provide. Rather, I would consider how you find the magic units vs. the others.

You are concerned about experience. Hands down, Serra and Priscilla dominate the experience rank. These units

- rely on healing experience and therefore do not take kills from other units

- gain static staff experience, so you can easily calculate where they are going to be & they cannot possibly be "overleveled" as their base classes

- can staff spam Barrier and Torch mid game to hit promotion easily

- gain bonus combat experience upon promotion

- join very early in the game and are strong deployment options. You would only choose to not deploy them if you simply needed more combat units (17x... and perhaps Priscilla on 23. That's it, IMO)

- have various good supports they can start building early in the game, which gives another incentive to be deployed and gain xp while buffing other units

and probably other things I am forgetting. The only physical unit that comes close to these units of the melee bunch is Raven.

Bartre has low bases and should only be deployed later for experience, since Karla isn't worth it.

Dorcas is valued for bases but is an underwhelming late game unit & should only be deployed later for experience.

Guy is statistically decent but stuck in a very bad class (*puts on flameproof suit*) and is best suited for axe killing mid to late game for experience, especially on Chapter 25 or 32x if you go there.

Considering they all fill very similar roles, all need kills to grow, and that I'm not factoring in Erk and Lucius, I think Kenneth is the vastly superior option.

Edited by Brinzy