Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

Y'know, I've always wondered why that boss bandit from the chapter where you get your thief (Marques) has the same portrait as Badrick from Death or Glory.

Just curiosity.

Hacks Use Similer Portraits in the Form of Generic Portraits for Anyone to use and its called the Nickt Collection or something else

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a pretty good chance of another patch being released that has some edits to the act 1 dialogue and 1-5/maybe 1-6's gameplay.

Another thing that will be in that patch (if it happens) and all other future patches is edited exp gain for units.

You may be wondering how the exp gain was edited, well it's really simple, mounted units/combat magic users gain exp at a reduced rate compared to foot units in order to balance them better and keep the foot units as a viable option.

Another thing that's farther down the pipeline is this:

5v3ZPT6.png
4eyCpUi.png
gjWXEyQ.png(Leonhardt stuff is a WIP)

There's a pretty good chance of another patch being released that has some edits to the act 1 dialogue and 1-5/maybe 1-6's gameplay.

Another thing that will be in that patch (if it happens) and all other future patches is edited exp gain for units.

You may be wondering how the exp gain was edited, well it's really simple, mounted units/combat magic users gain exp at a reduced rate compared to foot units in order to balance them better and keep the foot units as a viable option.

Another thing that's farther down the pipeline is this:

5v3ZPT6.png
4eyCpUi.png
gjWXEyQ.png(Leonhardt stuff is a WIP)

ahh slowly doing a hardmode in the background i see, along with elijah turning into a prepromote instead of what i call the oswin archetype (a level 9 unit who joins very early that is somewhat higher level than everyone else but iisnt bad as the unit gets levels characters being: oswin, fe9 gatrie, nolan)

im just gonna give some ideas for the hardmode

1-1: i think Leonhardt should have a killer lance and maybe one of the fighters has a hammer for chapter 1

1-2: the wyvern rider should have a swordslayer (provided it does effective damage agansted units with a sword equiped which how i think it should work)

yeah i do like the idea of doing different releative power per difficulty (in fe9, 10, and i think fates and possible in 11 and 12 but i havent played those)

speaking of that wouldnt it be a good idea to have a R power of 2 in normal mode since although this would mostly depend on how much exp you can get in act 2 to promote and have a relative power of 4 maybe on hardmode

Edited by Apparoid

ahh slowly doing a hardmode in the background i see, along with elijah turning into a prepromote instead of what i call the oswin archetype (a level 9 unit who joins very early that is somewhat higher level than everyone else but iisnt bad as the unit gets levels characters being: oswin, fe9 gatrie, nolan)

im just gonna give some ideas for the hardmode

1-1: i think Leonhardt should have a killer lance and maybe one of the fighters has a hammer for chapter 1

1-2: the wyvern rider should have a swordslayer (provided it does effective damage agansted units with a sword equiped which how i think it should work)

yeah i do like the idea of doing different releative power per difficulty (in fe9, 10, and i think fates and possible in 11 and 12 but i havent played those)

speaking of that wouldnt it be a good idea to have a R power of 2 in normal mode since although this would mostly depend on how much exp you can get in act 2 to promote and have a relative power of 4 maybe on hardmode

Killer lance would actually make him easier since you could pick him off at range with no fears.

Relative power of 2 would give the foot units too much exp, foot units are at 3, mounted and magic fighters are at 4

Killer lance would actually make him easier since you could pick him off at range with no fears.

Relative power of 2 would give the foot units too much exp, foot units are at 3, mounted and magic fighters are at 4

i never said to replace the short spear with a killer lance its just to give it a risk of sorts since you have to fight chance and now that i think about it he should start moving on turn 4

okay maybe my own reletive power was kindive imbalanced but when it comes to this sort of thing you dont play it safe from the beggining (like for example growth rates) you try something and change it when you figure it all out

Hi, the game is awesome i really cant wait to play arc 2 after the first 12 chapters, is it possible if u can release one of lords route first?

Nope, both routes are getting released at the same time.

i never said to replace the short spear with a killer lance its just to give it a risk of sorts since you have to fight chance and now that i think about it he should start moving on turn 4

okay maybe my own reletive power was kindive imbalanced but when it comes to this sort of thing you dont play it safe from the beggining (like for example growth rates) you try something and change it when you figure it all out

I disagree with having a killer lance in the first map, it doesn't add any true difficulty to the map, it just adds the chance that you get fucked by the rng, and that's just unfair and unfun. The design philosophy for hard mode is going to be challenging but fair, throwing a killer lance into the first map may make it more challenging, but it certainly isn't fair.

I disagree with having a killer lance in the first map, it doesn't add any true difficulty to the map, it just adds the chance that you get fucked by the rng, and that's just unfair and unfun. The design philosophy for hard mode is going to be challenging but fair, throwing a killer lance into the first map may make it more challenging, but it certainly isn't fair.

altho this is your hack so you can do what you want

ill just explain my own philosphy for doing this

having a killer lance (peferrable equiped) promotes equipment awareness which when you play hardmode its very important and its the firstmap and only 6 turns and in normal mode most had to restart atleast once but it was easy to replay and you have to deal with him tactical with attack him with the lords at range and going in with the retainers and while starting out he cant retaliate the lords he can move and does have a ranged weapon its just having a Killer lance promotes a risk reward thing which is common in things like the fe6 hardmode. it may be unfair but its a 6 turn map (unless it going to be like a 9 to 12 turn map then just scrap this idea all together)

Yeah, I have to agree that I would rather not have a killer lance in the first map. For the sake of equipment awareness, a axe reaver would be better imo. In this sense, you would be able to create a situation where you could pick him off at range without being attacked, but at the same time if you are not aware he could pick off one of your mages with the short spear.

Why did you decide to make elijah a prepromote? Just curious I usually ditch elijah anyways honestly, but I actually used him on the recent patch because he got some good gains and turned out alright. Is a prepromote necessary for hard mode maybe?

So before I vote... any noticable gameplay differences planned in the route splits?

( can't wait for hard mode too, I hope it is hard af )

Yeah, I have to agree that I would rather not have a killer lance in the first map. For the sake of equipment awareness, a axe reaver would be better imo. In this sense, you would be able to create a situation where you could pick him off at range without being attacked, but at the same time if you are not aware he could pick off one of your mages with the short spear.

Why did you decide to make elijah a prepromote? Just curious I usually ditch elijah anyways honestly, but I actually used him on the recent patch because he got some good gains and turned out alright. Is a prepromote necessary for hard mode maybe?

So before I vote... any noticable gameplay differences planned in the route splits?

thats pretty much the kind of thinking i was having

from what i can tell i think sawyer's route is going to be similer to eph's route in that you have to do alot of tough fighting since i think he goes down to the border or something or he could be getting help/warning other countrys altho i think that is what owen's doing being the better one at negotiating and thus his route is more of an erika's route getting caught in a fight while trying to get to other countries

Edited by Apparoid

Eli is a jeigan-lite in normal mode, in hard mode he's been transformed into a full jeigan as the game will be more difficult and he can act as a crutch for the player if they get stuck (like how main game jeigans in hard mode work)

from what i can tell i think sawyer's route is going to be similer to eph's route in that you have to do alot of tough fighting since i think he goes down to the border or something or he could be getting help/warning other countrys altho i think that is what owen's doing being the better one at negotiating and thus his route is more of an erika's route getting caught in a fight while trying to get to other countries

No.

The main difference in the route split is the location. Sawyer travels through Gahum to get to Ezpatha to find allies among the pirates and mercenaries that inhabit the country. Owen's route has him leading your army through Toska with the goal of getting them to cease aiding Arynden.

Eli is a jeigan-lite in normal mode, in hard mode he's been transformed into a full jeigan as the game will be more difficult and he can act as a crutch for the player if they get stuck (like how main game jeigans in hard mode work)

No.

The main difference in the route split is the location. Sawyer travels through Gahum to get to Ezpatha to find allies among the pirates and mercenaries that inhabit the country. Owen's route has him leading your army through Toska with the goal of getting them to cease aiding Arynden.

oh your clever having the likeble character doing the more boring sounding stuff and have the boring lord doing the funner sounding stuff......

GENIUS! way to make that decision tough also what story is intended to be played first?

also im wondering if you have a world map concept of what is where and such cause in my own head its kinda like the fe8 map but fortuita is where carcino is (only the coast is pretty much a giant mountain) arynden is like inbetween jehhana, renais and grado and south of it. Gahum (btw is pronounced huumm or hooomm) and expatha are west and toska is east

Edited by Apparoid

oh your clever having the likeble character doing the more boring sounding stuff and have the boring lord doing the funner sounding stuff......

Who is more likable and what sounds more fun is subjective. Both routes are going to be interesting in their own ways.

GENIUS! way to make that decision tough also what story is intended to be played first?

There is no intended order, they happen at the same time.

also im wondering if you have a world map concept

9i9mnyX.pngkLDmmdJ.png

Fortuita is the purple area. Arynden is the red.

Gahum (btw is pronounced huumm or hooomm)

Pronunciation of the country names is in the ReadMe.

Edited by InvdrZim13

Well pirates and mercenaries got my vote. Plus I like the idea of splitting away from the main army.

Well either way you keep the units you had in act 1, minus the lord of the opposite route and their retainer.

Hey! Great hack, my thanks. Finish it as soon as possible, i want and i want it NOW!

Staff of ages is very good, had a lot of fun with it.

Also could you please borrow me an mp3 file of battlefield´s awakening, loved the song.

Keep up all the good work! if you need feedback ask me, Would gladly be a playtester. ;)

Hey! Great hack, my thanks. Finish it as soon as possible, i want and i want it NOW!

Chill, it'll be done when it's done.

Also could you please borrow me an mp3 file of battlefield´s awakening, loved the song

Don't have a version of the song as it is in game, but the actual version's on youtube.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Staff of ages is very good, had a lot of fun with it.

Also could you please borrow me an mp3 file of battlefield´s awakening, loved the song.

Keep up all the good work! if you need feedback ask me, Would gladly be a playtester. ;)

ill do a youtube video of the soundroom soon if that is okay with you

edit: i got it Recorded and Edited the Most Tedious thing is the description with timestamps, names, perposes, original games (gonna need a bit of help on), vids of original tracks,

edit 2: ahhh shoot over the 15 minute cap

Edited by Apparoid

anyone has fire emblem 7 clean rom? i cant find one, thx

Then you're not looking very hard.

You also shouldn't be asking for a link to a ROM, it's against the rules.

And that aside, this is an FE8 hack, an FE7 ROM wouldn't do you much good anyway.

You need FE8 not FE7 for this. And even if we did have one, we can't give you one. I played most of it so far, and I have two questions so far before I really give much feedback (as I want it completed for Act 1 before I say anything),

One I'll point out here:

1) Is there a restore staff that I missed somewhere?

2) Hexing Rod, while interesting to see that you managed to get it working needs to be tweaked. Badly if it doesn't recover during the chapter and acts like Fates.