Why do some people hate the police?

Emeraldfox

They keep you and your city safe, yet some people hate them..

But they can be corrupt and lazy...

Buuut.... If you ignore the corrupt and lazy ones.... Why do some people hate the police?

Because I know people that have been royaly fucked by the police. ex: My friend has been stopped 3 times (while driving) for doing absolutely nothing... seriously

Plus, I have a little cop story myself

You can't just simply ignore the corrupt ones. It's like telling someone to ignore a teacher that gives everyone an 'F' for no reason. They're there and ignoring them won't change a thing, but back to the topic at hand as to why some people hate the police...

1)they're criminals who have been thwarted by the police

2)they met some bad cops

3)they just don't like authority

Police in general are alright, in the UK.

Some people may not like the police because, they have had bad experiences with the police, which resulted in fines, getting arrested etc.

I don't have anything aganist police officers, in general.

The police in my state are complete assholes, which makes them horrible cops. I mean, I appreciate what they are doing, but they can do their job without being like that. For an example: I was in a car crash(I wasn't driving I was in the back) recently, my friend who was driving is 17. He rear ended a Lexis on accident and, of course, he was totally upset and by upset I mean crying. (Luckily, everyone was fine) So, a bunch of Medic people came and about 5 cops.

The Medics were nice, but the cops like yelled at him and where like "SIR WER U DRINKIN TONITE?!?!?!?!", "UR TO YUNG TO DRINK!!!!!", "U CAN GO TO JAIL IF U DRINK!" And it was so obvious that he wasn't drinking.....

They're just basically telling me that they deserve to be made fun of >_>

Edited by StalkerPizza

The cops here are complete assholes who dont even care about us. They just wanna flaunt their nightsticks and badges around and think that they can yell at us and call us whatever we want. Some fucking cop TACKLED me when I was running home at night with a bag from the grocery store because:

1.It was nightime

2.Im BLACK (fucking racist ass cop)

3.I was RUNNING with a BAG

So i guess the law now is if ur black and run home from work at night with a bag ur a criminal. Gee sorry that my sister was home alone at 11 at fucking night!

My mate in North Ireland has a saying called "FAP" Which stands for "Fuck all police." Mostly because of the NEDs up there. NEDs naturally hate police, because they are the ones who have to deal with them all the time.

I for one had no opinion on them, as I have never had to deal with them, but I will say they have a hard job, because people are so self centered they sue them for doing their job. It's very difficult to do their job with all the regulations that keep getting put in place.

Regulations are important for protecting us all, but people have just become babies about it. They don't even want a police officer touching them without taking that officer's badge. It's quite ridiculous.

My mate in North Ireland has a saying called "FAP" Which stands for "Fuck all police." Mostly because of the NEDs up there. NEDs naturally hate police, because they are the ones who have to deal with them all the time.

I for one had no opinion on them, as I have never had to deal with them, but I will say they have a hard job, because people are so self centered they sue them for doing their job. It's very difficult to do their job with all the regulations that keep getting put in place.

Regulations are important for protecting us all, but people have just become babies about it. They don't even want a police officer touching them without taking that officer's badge. It's quite ridiculous.

Well SUING an officer for doing their job is just stupid. All I did was go like "What the heck did I do!?" and he was like "EXPLAIN URSELF BEFORE YOU GET NIGHTSTICKED" and I was like "Can I be in a rush home!? My little sister is there alone!"

I still think he was out of place TACKLING me.

Well SUING an officer for doing their job is just stupid. All I did was go like "What the heck did I do!?" and he was like "EXPLAIN URSELF BEFORE YOU GET NIGHTSTICKED" and I was like "Can I be in a rush home!? My little sister is there alone!"

I still think he was out of place TACKLING me.

There's more disgruntled officers these days because these regulations frustrate them, however we can't deny them a job because of their racism sadly, even though I think we should start doing that.

There's more disgruntled officers these days because these regulations frustrate them, however we can't deny them a job because of their racism sadly, even though I think we should start doing that.

Yeah it agrivates me that they let white ppl off the hook 70% of the time but blacks mexicans and asians go through extensive interrogation and rarely ever get off with a warning.

Hey, I'm as White as they come, and the cops still seem to gravitate towards me, of all people, because I do absolutely nothing wrong and yet somehow they find a way to blame me for SOMETHING!! But I don't hate them, I actually want to be one when I "Grow up", just to straighten the system out and not be a big dick to people.

I don't hate cops, my dad is one, that my make my opinion a little biased but still, if you see how much they actually do for us it doesn't make them seem so bad, most just see the things that somebody does wrong, not the things that they do right, yeah some cops are corrupt, they is no helping that, there are some lawmakers who are corrupt, there is corruptness everywhere, there is no stopping that, if you go awhile without police then you would see how much they actually help, the police are not suppose to be these nice guys who think the best of people, if they see something they think may be wrong then they try to stop it, it may seem a little racist but face it, minority are the majority in prison, i am not trying to be racists, facts are facts, so yeah, if ANYBODY if running from a store with a bag in their hand it may seem suspicious, sure the cop shouldn't have tackled you but still. i have my share of bad experiences with cops also, almost everybody has. Some cops are not as "good" as they should be in some places, they are just people, not super heroes like some people make them out to be like.

The cops here are complete assholes who dont even care about us. They just wanna flaunt their nightsticks and badges around and think that they can yell at us and call us whatever we want. Some fucking cop TACKLED me when I was running home at night with a bag from the grocery store because:

1.It was nightime

2.Im BLACK (fucking racist ass cop)

3.I was RUNNING with a BAG

So i guess the law now is if ur black and run home from work at night with a bag ur a criminal. Gee sorry that my sister was home alone at 11 at fucking night!

That's when I hate police officers. I swear, what type of police officers do the government recruit now a days.

That police officer deserves to go to hell.

People hate cops because its so hard to find a good one where we live. All the cops think is: Let's arrest people who are Black for no reason, let's stay above the law, let's pull people over because they're driving correctly....seriously its ridiculous how cops are these days.

Reason #2=No cop is gonna pull another cop over for speeding...ever, and it isn't fair when city people need to get somewhere and the dumbass cop is having fun swerving on the road.

But other than the bad ones, if there are good ones, I don't hate cops

I will say this, and I'm NOT targeting anyone on this site, but I notice a lot of minorities who BROKE THE LAW, blame the cops stopping them on them being minorities, which is part of the reason cops can't detain 1 minority without it ending up on the news, and their badges being taken.

Some people really need to just suck it up and think about the fact that other people in their minority group is what ruined it for them, and them blaming their minority status for the police stopping them is what makes it even harder for cops and authority figures to do their jobs.

Yes MaSu shouldn't have been tackled, but at the same time, I don't think you should even consider being black as a reason for you being questioned or tackled, because it's that kind of attitude that makes their job harder, and thus if they weren't against minorities before, they are now, because they continue to make their job harder.

If a lot of the minorities would just forget it, and let the cop do their job without giving them hassle, then they might actually gain a little more respect towards them. Really it's both ends that are at fault.

I'm not saying there aren't some cops out there that are just plain racist, because there are, but when you say something like "Oh they just hate me because I'm *insert race here*," you're encouraging it, because now you just set yourself apart from the group. You singled yourself out and admitted that you're not supposed to fit in because of your race. Racism goes both ways really, I mean I don't have any problem with people in general. However I find myself avoiding people who blame their problems on their race.

I've heard "They just don't like Asian kids," so many times I stop hanging around the people who say it. THAT is half the reason people avoid them, cause it's a broken record, it's annoying, and it's pointless to complain about, it's not like you can EVER change your race (With the exception of skin color, but that's not REAL), so you gain nothing by blaming problems on it.

If more people could go out there with the "I'm just as good as anyone else, and no matter what color my skin is, I'm not different from them," attitude, then some of the racism would die down. I'm not saying it'll disappear, because that is preposterous, but I am saying it'll shrink a sizable amount.

Also I like to point out that with the increased amount of different ethic groups coming to America, and the United Kingdom, there's a chance that Caucasian people will become a minority soon. It CAN happen, and it is more possible now than ever. So it's not like we don't allow these minorities to spread, we don't keep them in little corners and hide them. There are quite a few famous people who happen to be part of minority groups, some of my favorites would have to be Will Smith, Bernie Mac (May he rest in peace), Jet Li, and Halle Berry. In fact I believe all of them get just as much fans as some of the Caucasian actors, if not more.

I'm not really against MaSu, because I do believe he shouldn't have been tackled, and that was a fault under the police, and I will admit he has every right to believe it was because of his race, because with the facts at hand, he was unarmed, had no car, no blood on his clothing, no clear signs of committing a crime, so there was no need.

No, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the people who don't consider they look VERY suspicious, and when the police question them, they blame it on their race.

For example, there was a man in my town who went to the hunting store, and purchased two rifles, one for his son, and one for himself, and the law in my area allows you to take rifles home with you on the same day, you only need to have a two week wait on handguns.

His car broke down about five miles down the road and he didn't want anyone to steal his things, so he carried the weapons, which he had in cases, with him to the nearest gas station.

On his way there he was arrested for giving a police officer a hard time because he was accusing the officer of stopping him because he was black.

Now logically, if you're a police officer, and you see someone with two large cases in their arms, walking down the street, and those cases happen to contain two weapons, what does common sense tell one to do? Ask that person where they are going, and what is in those cases. If the man had just explained the situation, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been arrested. Instead he gave the officer a hard time, refused to answer questions because he claimed, "I'm not breaking the law, I don't need to answer to you."

That is the kind of thing I'm referring to. People who just don't stop and think that they look suspicious in some way, shape or form. If I looked suspicious I'd expect and authority figure to stop and question me too.

As I stated before, yes there are times where it is safe to assume something is based on your race, like in MaSu's example, it's just when you assume everything is based on the color of your skin, or your gender, or sexual preference, is when you're encouraging stereotypes and focusing too much on the matter.

I understand having pride to your own race, like the whole "black power," and such, but some people overdo it, like the white supremacists, they are a perfect example of how too much pride can lead to being ignorant and racist. We have to learn to have pride, but retain respect for others. Some people don't know where that line is anymore, some do.

This really wasn't targeted to offend anyone, or go against anyone, merely for the purpose of shedding a different light on the subject, and adding another perspective to it. If you were offended I apologize, and I'll inform you, that I am not racist, nor encourage others to be, I do not think white people are supreme to anyone, I believe we're all equal, and that we all have just as much chance as the next person.

If you simply misquote anything from this, I can tell you didn't fully read it. As I'm sure there will be at least one person who didn't fully read this, because reading long messages is too much of a chore for them. If you're one of those people, I'll probably just ignore your statements, or tell you to read the entire thing.

I personally have had no trouble with police, or authority figures, but mostly because I don't go outside and I'm never in a situation where I would need to be in contact with them. However I once reported something to the FBI, and had a complaint about their desk worker who was quite rude and made excuses for not doing his job. That was a sad day for myself, as I lost some respect for the men and women working to protect us from criminals, because some of their employees see their job as a chore, and get it done with no heart behind it. However a lot of them are very passionate about their job. They didn't take that career choice to be a hero, they did it to make a difference, to help people, to play their role in society. Anyone can be a hero, not everyone can devote themselves to something.

Another reason why I never encounter police is because in my town there are none, the nearest ones are about twenty miles or so away, and only check in every now and then.

Anyway, sorry for making you all have to read this, I understand if you just skip over this post, but don't go off saying things unless you read it all.