Your inner masochism.

The_Vernster

You know, the times in you that is willing to go through a length of torture just to get something in a game that can help you, or you want to get it just for kicks.

To me, since I started my Black 2/White 2 save file. I got to Castelia City and I want to use an Eevee you can catch in an area you get through via the sewers. So get this. I always like my Eevees female, cause I like Espeon to be female.

So on top of the 5% encounter rate and the 12.5% female gender ratio of Eevee, you can pretty much guess how much I went through just to catch one. Regardless, I got what I wanted.

So when does your inner masochism kick in?

Doing most of my fire emblem runs with a crazy challenge because wynaut.

I even did pre-promoted no-duo run in awakening's hard mode. The only thing that prevented me from going crazy was that I underestimated how crazy strong manaketes were. (I had pre-promoted Tharja, Henry, Cherche and Gregor to add numbers, and simply put, they weren't that great)

My first and only run of Super Thracia was in female only.

I'm actually willing to go through any kind of challenge, even if it's crazy torturing (even if it takes 5000 resets to go through that one chapter) as long as it helps me go through boredom. Boredom's such a killer.

I only show my inner masochism in FE because most of the times I do it in the other games I get bored because it's still easy. =( (though I'm mostly playing FE :p)

Oh, and that FE7 0% Chaos Mode run. Never. AGAIN.

Edited by Nintales

Hmmm.

1)Get every skill on every character in FEA including DLC(Iote's Shield for all the non-fliers!)

2)100% FFX including maxing everyone in Blitz ball

3)Doing that really annoying chapter in FE7 with Lloyd as the movable boss just cause he is my favorite compared to Linus

4)Catching them all in Pokemon Yellow and getting them all to Lv.100(Not that difficult to catch them all but still difficult to grind to Lv.100)

That is all I can think of now.

EDIT: Also my FE8 no-promotion run(It was not too difficult cause FE8 but it was still kind of challenging)and my FE13 Maiden!Lucina no kids/No S ranks run in Apo Secret path was kind of difficult.

Edited by Azz

In Pokemon X I spend solid 2 hours just to get myself a female Ralts. And another 30 minutes to get it to my team standards.

Why?

Because Guardevoir is still my favorite and pretty much solo'd my first run of the Top 4 + Champion.

That Guardevoir vs Mega Guardevoir Battle was awesome.

I also went through all of the FE4 inflation hack blind, without using optimal pairs such as Aira X Levin and I had to load some savestates about 50 times just to get the right RNs. That last chapter was torture I tell you.

You know, the times in you that is willing to go through a length of torture just to get something in a game that can help you, or you want to get it just for kicks.

To me, since I started my Black 2/White 2 save file. I got to Castelia City and I want to use an Eevee you can catch in an area you get through via the sewers. So get this. I always like my Eevees female, cause I like Espeon to be female.

So on top of the 5% encounter rate and the 12.5% female gender ratio of Eevee, you can pretty much guess how much I went through just to catch one. Regardless, I got what I wanted.

I did something similar, except I was breeding for three female Eevee with 5 perfect IVs (I like my Espeons, Sylveons, and Vaporeons female).

Do not breed for hidden powers, it is painful. Certain ones, anyway.

I've probably spent hundreds of hours breeding (Mostly for good IVs) in Pokemon. I think I have a problem.

I did something similar, except I was breeding for three female Eevee with 5 perfect IVs (I like my Espeons, Sylveons, and Vaporeons female).

Do not breed for hidden powers, it is painful. Certain ones, anyway.

I've probably spent hundreds of hours breeding (Mostly for good IVs) in Pokemon. I think I have a problem.

Oh tell me about it. Im trying to get Hidden power Rock on my Contrary Snivy even now.

I am currently playing through FE11 with only Archers, Marth and about 4 staff bots.

Funnily enough all non-Castor archers suck (outside of General!Sedgar and General!Wolf and maybe Jeorge but I haven't gotten that far yet) are shit but I reclassed Bord and Hardin and they're so much better. Gave me room to make Norne a staffbot.

At least I have the Crutch Bow (Forged Iron Bow with all stats upgraded to what I think is the max, cost me near 30,000 gold but sorta worth it)

Warframe. Prime items. At least one component per item with a 5% drop rate at most, in missions accessed by single-use keys that are, in themselves, semi-rare and hard to consistently farm.

Naturally I need four of those components and

would be admitting defeat far less fun.

Never heard of that.

Im gonna guess the less said, the better :P

Let's remedy that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wvErGJC0OY

The general idea is to hit a button corresponding to the falling notes when they reach the red line, and you get a judgment depending on how close you were to the red line. Easy, right? The dude in the video makes it look easy. . .but that's one of the harder songs in the game, full stop.

Getting to that point takes a lot of time, practice, and wrist wear. I'm nowhere near that guy's level, and probably won't ever be.

Edited by eclipse

World of Tanks: I've played all of the tanks that are considered as the weakest tanks of their tiers or types. And I got over 50% winrate with all of them. I am not a machosist, I am just good.

Edited by Magical CC

Every time I see an enemy in Devil May Cry 4,I have to fight them,even if it doesn't open a door or I'm on Hell and Hell mode.And I love doing Hell and Hell.

On Pokemon I don't breed for IVs but I have literally spent hours chain fishing in one spot for a shiny Horsea.And I still don't have one.

Well, it took me some time to breed my Lopunny and Rapidash in AS. I wanted ones with good IVs to use on my team. :P I also spent an hour or so looking for a 3-star Zebstrika on one of the Mirage Mountains with the correct perfect IVs. I wanted them all on my team and I wasn't giving up. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I find it funny how literally nearly all if these are pokemon IV related XD.

Also, I just recently grinded for 4 hours yesterday to get enough Killer Axes in FE Fates to make a +7 Forged Killer Axe only for my 3DS to break today.