Hero Debate

Random Class Debate  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is best/ is your favourite hero?

• Dieck
    • Oujay
    • Echidna
  2. 2. Should I stop making these debate topics?

• Yes
    • No

This discussion has already been proven ages ago. Everyone knows Dieck is the real victor. Oujay sucks, and Echidna is certainly better than Oujay.

Well, you can't really prove who is better, I mean it's to do with personal experience.

For some Oujay has turned out quite good.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY IS EVERYONE USING RANDOM EXAMPLES?! IT'S A VIDEO GAME... NOT GRAVITY, ELECTRICITY OR MY SCIENCE PROJECT! Like everyone says, "You aloud to have your opinion"

Using analogies is a common way of expressing an opinion. I'll stop though since I'm starting something I said I hated a couple of posts back.

My vote goes to Dieck. He starts out amazing and ends up good. He also gets props for being able to wield most (all?) weapons without any speed loss. Dieck's a pretty cool guy to boot.

Echidna is pretty good as well. She's one of the better pre-promotes in the game, and massively underrated. She also has the novelty of being one of the few female heroes in the series for whatever that's worth.

I've never bothered with Oujay. He looks too wimpy for my liking.

Wow y'all need to get laid.

Anyways, Dieck > Echidna >> Oujay.

Dieck has more Con, power, and durability. Echidna isn't bad, but not great either. Oujay is just lol (there's this one moron who actually said that he's the best hero in FE6).

XD Imagine being angry about comparing video games to science... If only teachers compared them... Then we could play video games for science class. XD

All you have to do is not say the magic word debate, and replace it with favorite. Then if somebody starts doing that stuff, then there is a reason to get annoyed.

Anyway, Dieck, the man is an obvious Oguma archtype, which is grand.

Dieck is the best Hero in the game, followed fairly closely by Echidna. She'd be the better if Dieck wasn't so awesome early-game.

Supports are pretty great for both. Dieck has Lot A, Clarine B, which fixes alot of his late-game problems. Echidna has Lalum A, Gonzales B for massive defense. Using both characters is probably for the better.

Poor Oujay is terrible in comparison to both, sadly. :(

Dieck:

-comes early

-great bases

-good growths

-fabulous support triangle

-knows Pent

Sounds like a clear win to me.

And instead of saying that it's proven that Dieck is superior (although I agree), why not call it the "majority agreed upon consensus throughout the Fire Emblem community" that Dieck is the best (clearly reflected in tier lists and most people's opinions).

Dieck being the best is heavily based on the criteria a tier list determined by/what debaters value, though (and it is my opinion that this is the fairest way to compare units, yes, but its the criteria that makes it so).

Oujay is exactly like Raven but without the support bonuses.

and with more luck, less str, less spd, and no hard mode bonuses

so, in other words, not like Raven at all

---

Indeed it was proven. It just wasn't mathematically 100% proven. "Proven" doesn't necessarily mean 100%.

Also, Deak > Echidna >>> OJ

Edited by Reikken

Isn't it better for Dieck to go with Rutger rather than Lot?

LotxDieck gives overall better bonuses and it's faster. However, if Lot isn't used, Dieck should go Rutger B, Clarine B.

Echidna is the only Female Hero...Ever.

Technically, Radnay and Machuya were female Heroes...

Echidna is overrated most of the time, at least slightly. It's nice she comes as a prepromote so early, and prepromotes get a huge discount for having crappy stats because of a general lack of promo items, but the class that could use a prepromote doesn't actually GET one. Stupid lack of Sages.

Oujay has slightly better supports than the topic would lead to believe, since Bors is rather solid and often underrated, and Lilina is useable. But Ostia has fallen from grace just a tad.

Bors is solid? Hell no. He sucks. Pretty crappy stats, very bad movement and no good supports.

Lilina also fails. She sucks the moment she joins and never becomes really good. If only she would be good and used, she would probably have very good supports, though.