Tips for No-Lyn HHM?

kantoorfarina

Marcus will probably still be really handy for weaking enemies to train your units. He will drop off soon though. I'd recommend investing some levels into a really solid unit like Oswin he really makes the early game so much more tolerable.

I'm using Marcus quite abit on the bigger maps. I'm not using Lowen, so he'll be my main man till I'm able to train Sain and maybe Kent.

Oswin's been really useful. It seems like the maps I'm having trouble with are maps where I either don't have Oswin or they're huge areas where Oswin can't do much. He'll be the first unit I promote.

Should I use Florina? I really, really don't feel like training her. I'd probably be better off just using Fiora and Farina.

I know i'm using Raven, for sure.

Marcus will probably still be really handy for weaking enemies to train your units. He will drop off soon though. I'd recommend investing some levels into a really solid unit like Oswin he really makes the early game so much more tolerable.

Marcus never drops off in FE7.

Oswin is a good idea though. Also when you get the likes of Pent, Hawkeye etc, they will be very handy.

Edited by Jedi

Geitz is nothing special. I have yet to use him. I may use him in Chapter 31 or 32 for filler for experience, but if you're not ranking that makes him even less useful, especially if you don't want to train the lords.

Currently sitting on a level 19 Canas with

-1 HP

Average Magic

-4 Skill (has not gained it once)

Average Speed

+2 Luck

Average Defense

+1 Resistance

(This is not impressive because at level 20 he gains a stat everywhere except for Skill, if you're looking at it from a fixed growth perspective. - so he really only has +1 Luck and is even or losing everywhere else. I realize this means mine isn't awful, but still...)

I've gotten use out of him. Access to Luna gives you the ability to get nice chip damage in on scattered promoted units like Heroes and promoted casters, with a high crit rate. It also makes him pretty much the only magic user that can duel every caster from Kenneth through the end of the game.

Access to Nosferatu allows you to use him as a clutch wall of sorts, assuming he doesn't get doubled by everyone. The times I did this, he didn't get doubled at all. I promoted Serra, Lucius, and Priscilla before him, and I'm sitting at the start of 28x, so he hasn't been used all that much and is still legitimate. I find that even with his higher defenses, he's still easily two hit by decently strong units, but thanks to various Steel Lance Cavaliers/Wyvern Knights and Steel Axe Fighters/Pirates throughout the game, he can one round plenty of units still.

Upon promoting, he gains +4 HP, +3 Speed, +2 Defense, +2 Resistance, and +1 Con (so a total gain of 4 AS). I'm pretty sure that after he promotes, he's generally not a liability by any means. Being a Druid against the hordes of Anima magic is a nice plus that only he has, and not having Lucius defense along with Nosferatu means he's a bit more stable if you're expecting to get hit, as opposed to the other mages that rely purely on avoiding things to not die, although his evasion isn't terrible.

If your Canas stays about average, I'm positive he'll be worth the time.

Edited by Brinzy

Hm, good to know. I'm having a lot of trouble on Noble Lady of Caelin. I keep overestimating Sain/Kent/Florina and they end up dying, forcing me to restart. Is Kent worth training? I know Sain is worth it and I'm not even going to try to train Florina.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, by the way.

There's no such thing when it comes to serenes and Fire Emblem.

I'm one of the very few people that actually does not use Sain because Sain often turns out Speed-screwed for me. With that being said, Sain is still generally worth using, like you said. I'm pretty sure Kent only has a smaller Strength and Luck growth than Sain, so I think he's the most well-rounded and the most consistent cavalier that is strong all game.

Well, after many tries, I finally beat Chapter 16.

Wil missed with a 90% and got killed, and I'm salty about that even though I wasn't going to use him.

Kent actually seems to be better than Sain, and they're at the same level. I used my Secret Book and Goddess Icon on Guy, which thinking about it, might not have been a very good idea. Hopefully Sain gets lucky with his Skill.