What Pair-Up Stats does Hinoka!Matoi (and other Child Units)? The Avatar?

astrophys

EDIT: Forgot the word "have" in the title. Sorry.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/pair-up-stats/

We already have this information for the regular 1st gen units. But what of the 2nd gens? Such as (but not limited to) Hinoka!Matoi?

In other words, if we take their current pair-up bonus and subtract off that from their class' inherent pair-up bonus, we can isolate personal pair-up bonus:

Hinoka!Matoi at S rank's total bonus - Her Classes's Bonus = Her personal S rank bonus

Similar things follow for the other ranks.

Anyone who has the game and some of the kids can try this out: Just take them in any class with someone they have a support rank with, look up their class bonus, subtract that off, and you'll have their bonuses at that given support rank (C, B, A, or S).

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/pair-up-stats/

Likewise, does the Avatar's personal bonus depend on your asset and flaw, or is it fixed?

Thanks for your time reading this and for anyone who takes their time to figure this stuff out.

Edited by astrophys

Really? Are you sure? Could you cite some examples ?

That would actually make 2nd gens have LESS bonuses in pair-up than 1st gen if this was actually true (+8 or +9 in cap mods net is +4…although I suppose a series of negative mods could change this). This seems somewhat odd.

Effie!Mitama:+3Str

Nyx!Foleo:+3Mag

Charlotte!Siegbert:+3Str

Charlotte!Deere:+3Str

Berka!Ignis:+3Def

Nyx!Syalla:+2Mag

Orochi!Ophelia:+2Mag

Sakura!Foleo:+2Mag

I have enough data to figure this out but I don't have time and don't care.

Edited by someone

Thanks for the added information. If you ever visit the thread again, did they have other bonuses in their other stats…. it looks like it roudns down…

So would something like Hinoka!Matoi be:

Her Mods: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res ---> Pair-up: +0 Str, +0 Mag, +1 Skl, +0 Spd,0 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res ????

Now, the 1st gens have the bonus they give vary with support rank. Is there any support rank dependence here?

The 1st gens get up to 5 stat points this way. Do the kids get less/more depending on their mod distribution? How does it vary with support rank?

ADDENDUM:

I tracked down this example:

https://youtu.be/AgdljhOsVEo?t=15m1s

You have to pause with very quick timing to see it display it, but here's Shigure and Kanna (I think Azura!Kanna) on a Nohr mission, with a B-rank support between each other.

Shigure pairs with Kanna. Shigure is a Golden Kite Warrior. GKW normally gives +2 SKL, SPD, and Luck, as well as +1 Move.

B-rank Shigure gave this to Kanna: +3 SKL, +2 Spd, +2 Lck, +1 Res, +1 Move.

So he's only giving 8 points of stats + 1 move at B-rank: exactly what we would expect from the first gens with a +movement promoted class, as those give 6 stat points + 1 move, then the B-rank bonus gives two points of stats.

Specifically, Shigure's bonus gives +1 extra skill and +1 Res here. The playthrough's asset/flaw is unknown.

Given that Azura gives +3 SPD (and the child bonus would be +1), we would have expected something like +2 SPD if "someone"

s hypothesis worked (although depending on the asset or flaw this might be different). And the mod stats should have given more points in other stats.

So I don't think the mod/2 method works…. it might coincidentally produce the results listed earlier, but I don't think that's what's actually going on.

Edited by astrophys

Okay,I was wrong.

After some testing,here the formula:

C rank = Father's C rank
B rank = Mother's B rank
A rank = Father's A rank
S rank = Mother's S rank

Example:
+Effie!Mitama
-Asama:
--C rank: +1Str
--B rank: +1Spd
--A rank: +1Def
--S rank: +1Str +1Luk
-Effie:
--B rank: +1Luk
--A rank: +1Spd
--S rank: +2Str
-Mitama:
--B rank: +1Luk
--S rank: +2Str
+Kazehana!Mitama
--B rank: +1Str
--S rank: +1Str +1Spd
+Aqua!Kisaragi/Shigure:
--C rank: +1Skl
--B rank: +1Skl
--A rank: +1Str
--S rank: +1Spd +1Luk

Thanks! That makes more sense.

We can also use Kannas now to ascertain the pattern for the Avatar, thus confirming whether the table that VincentASM linked to is correct or not.

ADDENDUM:

someone just posted this under their gamefaqs account on gamefaqs… its completely consisted with what they've already proposed:

Here is Luna!Matoi A rank:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ynwl3

Expected: +4 Speed, +4 Luck, +3 Def (Great Lord Bonus and +3 Def from Luna!Matoi predicted DEF bonus from A rank)

Actual: +4 Speed, +4 Luck, +3 Def

It works.

ADDENDUM:

OH, and by this logic, the answer to the original question of Hinoka!Matoi's pair-up stats:

+1 Spd, +1 Luck, +2 Defense, +1 Resistance

Derivation:

C: +1 Def from Tsubaki

B: +1 Luck from Hinoka

A: +1 Def from Tsubaki

S: +1 Spd, +1 Res from Hinoka

Edited by astrophys