What does the Killing Edge in-game model look like?

Orion5487

I know in most of the previous FE games, the Killing Edge was a Katana or similar type sword. With this game having actual katanas this time, did they change the design? Or is it just another katana? If anyone has a picture/screenshot of the in-game model, that would be awesome!

You know... the fact that the little icon of Killing Edge looks exactly like in Awakening I don't think that the model of the weapon is changed from Awakening. It was the same story in all three GBA Fire Emblem games, Killing Edge looked the same in all of those.

Hmm... interesting. Although maybe the killing edge might change model for a specific character when that characters holds the weapon. And as a matter of fact there is an walkthrough on Youtube of the game. Maybe if you look on there you can find when the person who makes the walkthrough uses Killing Edge with one of the characters in battle, maybe you will see there the model if you are that interested.

From what I seen in gameplay, it is one of the better swords in the game that you really don't have to forge too much. Your critical hits would deal 4x damage which is really nice in the hands of a strong unit.

If you want to see what it looks like then I think in the Invisible History DLC, Inigo comes with it equipped.

It is far more jagged and no longer looks anything similar to a katana.You could say it looks like the Superior Edge from FEA but shorter and less jagged.

All of the "killer" weapons now have serrated blades, like a saw. Except for Belka's Killer Axe (which looks like a dirty blade tied to a black wooden handle).

You know... the fact that the little icon of Killing Edge looks exactly like in Awakening I don't think that the model of the weapon is changed from Awakening. It was the same story in all three GBA Fire Emblem games, Killing Edge looked the same in all of those.

Every sword in Fates has the exact same icon, so that isn't the case. Edited by gayserbeam

Thanks for the images Ebony. It's kind of a bummer that they went with that design IMO... but it doesn't look that bad either (at least it looks better than the Tellius series' design). I was kind of hoping for Chinese Jian type sword, or maybe a more traditional European sword since they were on the Nohr side.

Edit:

I decided to check out the Invisible History DLC playthrough, and managed to grab a few more screens:

http://imgur.com/a/CtrtV

Edited by Orion5487