Corocoro Leak(Spoilers)

Ether

So, with the corocoro leaks out, it looks obvious that the next Pokemon game will be Pokemon Z, considering the anime is being called X, Y, Z. Also, Zygarde is totally Cell.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pok%C3%A9mon-z-release-date-zygarde-forms-revealed-and-new-greninja-474005

http://www.serebii.net/pokemon/xyzforms.shtml

Discuss

...That Greninja...looks like...it fused with...Keldeo. UGH, PLEASE NO. I don't want my favorite Pokemon fusing with a Pokemon I hate. I hope it's Serebii's theory and that it's actually Ash as a Greninja a la Ashachu from a bunch of seasons ago.

Zygarde has a DOGGY FORM though? OMG, CUTE. :D

I hope the game isn't called Pokemon Z though, that's just boring and predictable. GameFreak started being so surprising after B2W2, I don't want them to stop now. Sequels, please. XZ and YZ.

...That Greninja...looks like...it fused with...Keldeo. UGH, PLEASE NO. I don't want my favorite Pokemon fusing with a Pokemon I hate. I hope it's Serebii's theory and that it's actually Ash as a Greninja a la Ashachu from a bunch of seasons ago.

Zygarde has a DOGGY FORM though? OMG, CUTE. :D

I hope the game isn't called Pokemon Z though, that's just boring and predictable. GameFreak started being so surprising after B2W2, I don't want them to stop now. Sequels, please. XZ and YZ.

It's called Ash Greninja,according to Serebii.Ash is there with it,so I think it's his that evolved into Ash Greninja and not normal Greninja.How the hell that works,I don't know.But,I would like an Ash Greninja in my game.

...Well, that's kind of bizarre. I wonder how that works too. o.O

Oh yeah, the OP is right, Zygarde is starting to sound a lot like Cell from DBZ...

Edited by Anacybele

I knew it! I knew there was some reason behind Zygarde's lower Base Stats!

Honestly I think it is indeed going to be called Pokemon Z. Sure, it's predictable, but I literally can't see XY getting a sequal.

Besides, it'd be the first third version game we had since Platinum.

Edited by Kiseki

I think Ash Greninja it's going to be a "special form" similar to Spiky-Eared Pichu, so I wouldn't worry to much.

It can't be a Mega Evolution since Ash doesn't a Key Stone.

And Zygarde's forms are interesting, makes you wonder if there will be a 20% form or a 30% percent form and so on.

And I could never see Pokemon Z happening because of how obvious and predictable it was. And I like the idea of sequels better than third versions. B2W2 felt more like new games than Platinum or Emerald did. And this is coming from someone that loved Platinum.

I guess in a way, I'm still surprised... But not how I wanted to be.

Cool! Zygurde is getting new forms. I wonder how will one get to use these forms. The first thing I thought was through his HP: like if Zygarde has 51-100% hp it'll keep its perfect form, if it has 11-50% hp it'll be in its regular form and if it has 1-10% hp it'll be in its dog form or something.

Nah, like I said, it's Cell, totally. It absorbed Xerneas and Yveltal to attain it's perfect form and that's why it has the motif of their colours. All it needs is a Mega for Super Perfect Zygarde.

As much as I'm just kidding and playing up the Cell thing, we do have precedent for such a thing, being Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W.

Call me Mr. Buzzkill, but I find all of this very yawn-inducing.

• Kalos was extremely underwhelming in our first visit - since this is basically setting up a return via sequel/third version, we had better be getting something far beyond the Platinum treatment in filling out the region, otherwise it'll be just as desolate and boring as the first time.
  • Oh look, The Pokémon Company is continuing to push this generation's Charizard on us with a super special form just for its super special protagonist.
  • Perfect Zygarde's design looks so... ho-hum. It's just a giant standing mass with nothing super remarkable about its design. At least old!Zygarde had an interesting motif even if it was just a "wider" snake-like creature. Even "Zydog" doesn't really feel all that interesting. I think the biggest issue that I have with the different forms is that they all seem like they have so little in common with the original Zygarde design - snake-like with the hexagon being a very prominent feature (considering it made up Zygarde's scales). It seems like whoever was responsible for these further designs had no prior materials about Zygarde's future (if there were any to begin with) and just threw stuff against a wall to see what "stuck". :/

• Perfect Zygarde's design looks so... ho-hum. It's just a giant standing mass with nothing super remarkable about its design. At least old!Zygarde had an interesting motif even if it was just a "wider" snake-like creature. Even "Zydog" doesn't really feel all that interesting. I think the biggest issue that I have with the different forms is that they all seem like they have so little in common with the original Zygarde design - snake-like with the hexagon being a very prominent feature (considering it made up Zygarde's scales). It seems like whoever was responsible for these further designs had no prior materials about Zygarde's future (if there were any to begin with) and just threw stuff against a wall to see what "stuck". :/

Very doubtul, considering this is continuing the Norse mythology thing going - Zygarde's original form is based on Jörmungandr, which is one of Loki's three children, the other two being Fenrir the wolf and Hel, the ruler of the underworld.

Very doubtul, considering this is continuing the Norse mythology thing going - Zygarde's original form is based on Jörmungandr, which is one of Loki's three children, the other two being Fenrir the wolf and Hel, the ruler of the underworld.

You serious? I completely forgot about that! All I remember from that is that Yggdrasil was the inspiration for Xerneas. (And that there was a bird that Yveltal is based off of.)

Anybody else kind of reminded of Imperialdramon when looking at this guy?

Oh lol yeah, now that I think about it.

Edit: also, I missed the Cell point because I didn't play Gen V :P:, but yeah Pokemon Cell go!

Edited by Quintessence

Are you sure it wasn't Nidhogg instead of Jormungand ?

Anyway, yeah, this could work.

EDIt : Also Zygarde's perfect form is actually shorter than it's 50% form (4.5m compared to 5m), though far heavier. How does that even works ?

Edited by Tamanoir

EDIt : Also Zygarde's perfect form is actually shorter than it's 50% form (4.5m compared to 5m), though far heavier. How does that even works ?

I would imagine that Zygarde 50% is measured head-to-tail like other snake pokemon, while Zygarde Perfect is measured from head-to-foot like most other pokemon.

Are you sure it wasn't Nidhogg instead of Jormungand ?

Anyway, yeah, this could work.

Positive. Hell, even a quick trip to Wikipedia proves it: "in Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, pronounced [ˈjɔrmuŋɡandr̥], meaning "huge monster"[1]), often written as Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), or World Serpent, is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki."

Snakes tend to be rather long; Serperior is the tallest grass Pokémon, as well as the tallest starter Pokémon of them all. I would assume the Hel version of Zygarde has a lot more mass, since it's made up of more of those cells or whatever it was. It's likely far more compact.

Edited by Thane