Micro SD card problem

Roflolxp54

I got a 32 GB micro SD card with adapter from the mail today and I plan on using it for my 3DS. My 16 GB SD card has no problems with the SD card reader on my laptop. However, the new fresh-out-of-the-box 32 GB micro SD card is having problems being detected at all by my computer: it took a very long time to even show up in Files Explorer and whenever I try to open it, a message box pops up telling me to "insert the disk" even though the micro SD card and the adapter are already in! Is there a solution for this. (Not to mention that Files Explorer is now loading much more slowly than before and is prone to crashing -- twice, the whole desktop minus any apps/browser windows that are already open and not minimized went black, forcing me to restart the computer.

It could be that a driver isn't installed for your adapter normally this is done automatically when you connect it and happens in a second but very few devices need a manual install of a program, the insert disk message could have been for a program it wanted you to install. If it didn't come with a disk lookup the devices brand website. This problem is mainly for a big age difference between devices or a time when companies went overboard protecting everything they owned I haven't seen this in a long time but it's the first thing I thought of.