How would people feel about these characters as DLC?

DSYS

I only have one real hope for the ballot. Although I'm satisfied with the roster as is, there is a glaring omission. One which was an assist trophy in Brawl, but removed for some unknown reason in 4. I'm talking Isaac from Golden Sun.

qppgcznl.jpgmNSmnPf.png

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Here's a few more suggestions:

Dante (Devil May Cry. He was in Project X Zone, so he's got history with Nintendo now)

Duke Nukem

Doom guy (from the Doom series)

A Mortal Kombat character

A few thoughts regarding some of my picks:

Ayumi Tachibana: If what another poster said of Sakurai leaving her out of Melee for being too obscure is true, then that's stupid, because how many people even knew of the Ice Climbers before Melee? Why shouldn't Ayumi be given a chance like them and other WTF characters?

Waluigi: It would be nice to see him in a non-party game for once, and as for his moveset, there's already a little to work on from previous appearances: Swimming in the air, tennis ball as a projectile, and I'd like something involving those glowing eyes. And he absolutely needs the crotch chop for either his taunts or post-match celebrations.

A Resident Evil character: Some of Snake's moves could suit a RE character if he didn't return as DLC.

@the lost vikings

I don't see why not, seeing as though Blizzard isn't doing anything with them...

they're in heroes of the storm actually, so they're making money off them atm

@OP a castlevania rep would be good, but yeah the most obvious choice to me is isaac

my personal preferences would be dante and raiden tho (snake made it in so there's a connection there)

EDIT: oh I'd be cool with daisy and waluigi too, there's no harm in adding them

Edited by Myke

Ayumi Tachibana: If what another poster said of Sakurai leaving her out of Melee for being too obscure is true, then that's stupid, because how many people even knew of the Ice Climbers before Melee? Why shouldn't Ayumi be given a chance like them and other WTF characters?

I did. Ice Climbers were at least known outside Japan.

Most of these character suggestions sound like some teenage hipster's fantasies (no offense), so no. I wouldn't think little kids would be too keen on playing as Alexandra Roivas. Notable exceptions are Waluigi and maybe Simon Belmont.

Captain Syrup (Wario Land)

I wouldn't be against it. I actually like this idea.

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club part 2)

A Resident Evil character (preferably a female one like Jill or Ada)

No and no.

Another F-Zero rep (Pico, Black Shadow, Goroh, just to name a few)

Another Punch Out rep (Super Macho Man, King Hippo, Great Tiger, Vodka Drunkenski, Doc, etc)

Only if it's Samurai Goroh, and only if it's King Hippo. But I really see no need for any other F-Zero or Punch Out!! characters.

The Lost Vikings (from, well, The Lost Vikings)

Bad Mister Frosty (Clay Fighter)

No and no.

Waluigi

Only if Daisy gets in first.

Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

Raimi (Geist)

Another Metroid rep (Dark Samus, Sylux, etc)

Another Street Fighter rep (Chun Li, Cammy, Zangief, etc)

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

Red Arremer (Demon's crest)

Arthur (Ghosts'N Goblin)

Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)

Boogerman (Boogerman)

Crypto (Destroy All Humans)

Simon Belmont (CastleVania)

Another CastleVania rep (Sypha, Shanoa, Alucard, etc)

No to every single one of these.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Let me guess why so many posters here are against most of my ideas.

1) Most of them aren't "relevant" enough (relevancy is so overrated).

2) Some don't "fit" the game (a common complaint that was made about Snake, and chances are people would feel similarly about Resident Evil characters. Funny, that didn't stop them from appearing in the Marvel vs Capcom games, which were cartoony themselves. Heh)

3) No moveset potential. Must be why Captain Falcon and Fox were left out of the first SSB game. Oh wait...

These are the common reasons for fans being against a character's inclusion. Not that these ever stopped the developers from including "undeserving" characters like the Wii Fit Trainer, lol.

Also, FireEmblemFan, why should Samurai Goroh be the only other F-Zero rep, exactly? What would be wrong with Pico, Black Shadow, or Zoda?

As for people bringing up Ayumi Tachibana's lack of relevancy outside Japan, wasn't the Fire Emblem once a Japan-only series, before it was introduced to American audiences through Marth and Roy in Melee? Didn't we start getting more F-Zero games after Captain Falcon's appearance in SSB? Seems to me that the SSB series can actually make some obscure characters relevant, yet people insist that we strictly get characters that are already popular and relevant in these crossover fighting games.

Also, FireEmblemFan, why should Samurai Goroh be the only other F-Zero rep, exactly? What would be wrong with Pico, Black Shadow, or Zoda?

It's my own personal opinion that F-Zero doesn't warrant more than two reps, if that. It really doesn't need anyone besides C. Falcon. If they were to add another F-Zero character, I believe Goroh would be the best choice. Pico would be runner-up, though.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

These are the common reasons for fans being against a character's inclusion. Not that these ever stopped the developers from including "undeserving" characters like the Wii Fit Trainer, lol.

So what? You didn't ask what chance we think these characters have. A reason for not wanting a character to be in doesn't have to be a reason someone thinks they won't get in. And exceptions existing doesn't mean just any other character will get in, either.

The entire point of Advance Wars is that you have other people do the fighting for you. This would be very difficult to translate to Smash Bros. If an AW character did make it in though, it would most likely be Andy, since he's the series mascot.

y'all have too little faith in the prospect of playing as a fuckin pixelated tank with infantry following you around like pikmin

smh

What is Fox doing in SSB? He only pilots a ship!

Captain Falcon? WTF?! He's a racer!

My answer to a Advance Wars rep not being doable in a SSB game. Good god, people just don't learn, do they? The SSB series has been making fighters out of unexpected characters since the very beginning.

my idea: mobile base akin to the starcraft terran base when it is airborne

special moves involve spawning defenders and normals activate guns and missiles and stuff on the ship that deal damage close range

no idea for the final smash, maybe land and convert to a fully operative base and start spawning wicked troops that you can temporarily control?

EDIT: OH OH downB to control sami and simultaneously make the group do an acrobatic escape move, she has good ranged attacks with a squad of guys and missiles and shit

sideB to drive forward with max in a light tank and obviously do tanky melee moves

upB to escape from above with andy and his gunship

neutralB to uh, reset position and maybe do some barrier move? EDIT EDIT: no have it be different for all three, barrier for max, missile for sami, some ground-targeting attack with andy probably

Edited by Myke

Here's another pick of mine: Mallow from Super Mario RPG. Why is he significantly less popular and requested than Geno?

For Mallow's Final Smash, I was thinking of him crying, flooding the arena, and the opponents getting knocked offstage by a wave.