EXPonential Growth?

Other DLC maps are a lot better for grinding while offering more. Even before that, lowmanning helps a lot to funnel EXP into the units who need it.

Of course there's no shame in restarting if you feel you need to, but I don't really consider any part of the Golden Pack worth it in any respect.

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

If you failed to grind your units in the first few chapters, then you NEED EXPonential Growth.

I guess you could start over technically, but there could always be elements that stop you from such, such as getting good level ups on multiple units or getting good events from Event Tiles.

EXP growth is also useful for training much weaker units without risk of them dying since there are a few cases where you get a unit and they are kind of weak compared to everyone else at that point. Ricken comes to mind.

...just keep in mind to not make them too powerful. Otherwise Lunatic stops being so Lunatic-y.

Other DLC maps are a lot better for grinding while offering more. Even before that, lowmanning helps a lot to funnel EXP into the units who need it.

Of course there's no shane in restarting if you feel you need to, but I don't really consider any part of the Golden Pack worth it in any respect.

Golden Gaffe = Easy 80k in like 45 seconds of selecting Auto-attack. Useful on Lunatic, as Normal and Hard don't restrict ability to make money via Reeking Boxes, wheras Lunatic makes the Risen in Reeking Box battles capable of killing you for looking at them.

EXP Growth = someplace that won't kill you for stepping on the wrong tile.

Infinite Regalia = Infinite Regalia. Infinite Double Bows, Ragnells, Book of Nagas, etc etc etc.

Edited by Xenomata

Golden Gaffe = Easy 80k in like 45 seconds of selecting Auto-attack. Useful on Lunatic, as Normal and Hard don't restrict ability to make money via Reeking Boxes, wheras Lunatic makes the Risen in Reeking Box battles capable of killing you for looking at them..

Wow. I guess I need GG then. Most of my weapons/staves are on the verge of breaking. That was probably poor thinking on my part.

I

Golden Gaffe = Easy 80k in like 45 seconds of selecting Auto-attack. Useful on Lunatic, as Normal and Hard don't restrict ability to make money via Reeking Boxes, wheras Lunatic makes the Risen in Reeking Box battles capable of killing you for looking at them.

EXP Growth = someplace that won't kill you for stepping on the wrong tile.

Infinite Regalia = Infinite Regalia. Infinite Double Bows, Ragnells, Book of Nagas, etc etc etc.

Didn't you say to keep the game lunatic-y? You don't need all that gold, and by the time most of yor units can use all those unfinite weapons, you won't beed them, because they'll either be close to the end or grinded to hell and back where it doesn't even natter anymore.

Wow. I guess I need GG then. Most of my weapons/staves are on the verge of breaking. That was probably poor thinking on my part.

Nah. The game gives you 5000 g at base, which should be enough to supply the units you have right now, along with any bonus box weapons or renown award items (if you've played the game enough beforehand) to suffice. You could probably get a forge or two IIRC.

I'm attempting (read: failing) Lunatic mode. I managed up to Chapter 4 with no one dying (yay!), but my units are in serious need of help. Is EXPonential Growth worth it / helpful to Lunatic?

There's your problem: Lunatic gives a lot of exp, but not enough to keep a full party ahead of the curve. You should focus entirely on training one or two units (who aren't named Frederick) and leave the rest on the bench, or the game will become extremely difficult around Cht.12.

You probably will need it if you want to keep going from here. Most of the turn-by-turns that are made to get people out of jams are for the first four chapters (Pro-3) and are intended to leave you with a team that can manage itself, so if you're stuck now there's not many other resources at your disposal.

The one thing you can try if you don't want to shell out is Spotpass, though. Sell the Bullion(L) from Renown and buy yourself a good tank- normally you'd power up by buying weapons from them, but if you don't have any units god enough to put those weapons to good use then those won't help much.

For me I managed to get infinite gold without the Golden Gaffe DLC and before the DLC gate had even opened, all I needed was

Maxed out Renown

An Asset Luck avatar with armsthrift in a sword class

And then I just used spotpass to summon teams to kill with the Leif's Blade you get from Renown also using renown to recruit the character.

So with this setup the Golden Gaffe DLC isn't as needed.

If you've got the renown you can set up another character in another save-file for this purpose to avoid having to buy Golden Gaffe.

I kind of regret buying this. Surely, solo'ing a spotpass map is a more effective way to gain exp?

I guess it's your only grinding option in Lunatic, but you should be lowmanning Lunatic anyway.

Edited by Radiant head

Soloing LB3 is the true most effective way to gain exp. EXPonential Growth is for units who can't solo anything, like that wave of scrubs you were forced to bench at the start of the game and now need to raise up for skill inheritance and stuff for postgame.

Soloing LB3 is the true most effective way to gain exp. EXPonential Growth is for units who can't solo anything, like that wave of scrubs you were forced to bench at the start of the game and now need to raise up for skill inheritance and stuff for postgame.

EXP Growth can be good if you manipulate the placement of the unit you are training via Rescue staves and 4 Sages or Valkyries. Because of how mindless the grinding can be, you can be done rather fast as long as you don't screw up as badly as "teleport one of the Staff users instead of the main unit", though I have only needed to do this when a unit has one stat that can't do much for them if I were to place them in Reeking Box battles (such as Lon'qu with his bad Defensive growths)

Also helps if said unit needs to attack one of the Lv 30 Entombed up close but can survive the fight, as Physic staves can be placed on all the staff users as well. Though that's a pretty big if since the unit shouldn't be strong enough to kill them unless they have a weaponfaire and a high str or mag stat, in which case they are either better off doing Reeking Box battles or are a child unit.

Rescue staves become available once chapter 12 (Port Ferox) is completed, and Physic staves can be bought from either Chapter 18 (Demons Ingle) or Brady's Paralogue (Mila Shrine Ruins). By the time you can start training benched units freely, you will have already beaten either chapter 16 or the Paralogue of either Severa, Inigo, or Nah, so it's not like availability is an issue unless Brady needs a specific skill from his father (such as Astra from Lon'qu)

Though another factor is that people might not have or even want the Lost Bloodlines 3 DLC since it doesn't actually offer much aside from a DLC Galevatar and Paragon, which loses use when you get to max stats (as opposed to All Stat +2 or Limit Breaker).

Edited by Xenomata

Though another factor is that people might not have or even want the Lost Bloodlines 3 DLC since it doesn't actually offer much aside from a DLC Galevatar and Paragon, which loses use when you get to max stats (as opposed to All Stat +2 or Limit Breaker).

By that argument they're much less likely to have EXPonential Growth, since it loses use much faster (grinding for skills is a thing).

By that argument they're much less likely to have EXPonential Growth, since it loses use much faster (grinding for skills is a thing).

There is the factor that a person will look at the DLC list and decide that getting the Golden Pack that comes with three maps that are all usable but only two would be needed in the long run will be a better deal than getting the two maps a person would actually want.

I mean yeah EXP Growth loses usability very fast, but Golden Gaffe never does since it is such easy and mindless money, and why would Infinite Regalia be useless in anything except DLC banned runs. The Silver Card cuts prices in half, so Reeking Box grinding opens back up, and also the title of the map spells out why you got it in the first place.

Is it a good deal to say "I got Golden Pack cause it had EXP Growth that I wanted and the other two look neat"? Show me to a person who legit said that so that we can "knock some sense into him" at the same time. Lost Bloodlines as a pack does offer much more for the long run (Dread Fighter, Paragon, map to train in), but LB3 alone would not be a good purchase alone. Then again I don't think any of the maps that can be bought in packs are ever a good deal bought separately...

Summed up, The Golden Pack as a whole is useful, and comes with a free place to train benched units who need to give skills to children.

My best units are getting wrecked when they try solo'ing LB3.

Edited by Radiant head