[Fe7] Promotion on preparations screen bug[SOLVED]

marlon0024

Hello Everyone, im new to hacking, i been resolving every Bug that has come to my way so far, and now...im not sure what have i Done...Because i cannot promote on prep screen, it resets the game, i have only one backup that so far worked, but it is way too early...I been playing with custom battle sprites, like Linus and Lloyd, i modified some chapter events to recicle some bosses on Lyn Tale, im using the char santals as Zephiel, and remplazed Geitz for Roy, using the last two class slots for new classes, but still,and for the last i made two custom palettes and inserted them at the end of the list. Men I really do not now what messed this up...Myabe changing chars, or adding new mugs...I dont know. Anyway it works on the map.

Well here are the patches:

Not working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uri39xeacxr0jn8/Promotion%20not%20working.rar?dl=0

Working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9aja3sqgppn81c/Promotion%20working.rar?dl=0

Or if anyone could give me a clue why i cannot promote on prep screen it will be helpfull. Cause it will be like 10 days of work gone to the trash...

Edited by marlon0024

Your patches don't work on clean FE7 ROMs. However, by looking at the patch data, I would suggest the following: Open your modified ROM in a hex editor. Go to the offset BDCE2C. The value there should be 03. If it's not 03, change it to 03. If that doesn't fix it, you should post updated patches that work with clean FE7 ROMs.

Dude, I love you It worked!!! Thanks, and...if i have another question i have to open a new Topic?Anyway thanks a LOT! And sorry if The patches do not work, i did not tested them...

Edited by marlon0024