Fe8 Randomizer Draft

Monoplox

Because it was only a matter of time, let's be honest. Also Fe8 because of the 3 gbas, it's likely the most forgiving to a randomized draft. we're all gonna die! I'm sure we'll be fine.

So, just setting up some rules about the randomization before we move ahead to the standard drafty bits. If you don't have the randomizer, it's easily found, and is dead simple to use. Maybe that goes without saying but, oh well. Furthermore, the randomized aspects can be debated before we all get going, but my rough starting suggestion would be:

ye46l1F.png
Side note: I forgot to switch the recruitment option back to normal. My bad. But i do think normal would be best to avoid mass confusion.
It'd also be best to have a fresh rom for this one. Trying to randomize over old randomizations or any sort of tinkering makes things messy.

Now let's forge ahead to the draft aspect!

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, and a dancer unit (should you receive one) are all free to use.
3. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and played, though the turns taken will add to your total.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Teams:
Ozarhok : Franz, Ross, Saleh, Ewan, Innes, Callech, Valter, Orson, Vanessa, Dozla, Lyon
General Horace : L'archel, Natasha, Cormag, Eirika, Ismaire, Hayden, Joshua, Gerik, Seth, Fado, Lyon
Sniper Knight : Marisa, Rennac, Moulder, Ephraim, Gilliam, Lute, Selena, Artur, Riev, Lyon
Monoplox : Knoll, Tana, Forde, Glen, Colm, Amelia, Dussel, Garcia, Kyle, Tehtys, Lyon

Remaining Units:
None

Edited by Monoplox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it'd be real silly playthrough. Is there a rule against doing multiple drafts at once? I'd like to join this as I doubt there will be anything else like this anytime soon.

I have no problem with it. Go crazy! :D

I'd like to try!

There might be a small issue with drafting, though, since, barring only a few units, we'd all be drafting based on recruitment order. I'd say that randomized recruitment might be better. (Since then we'd be choosing on bias.)

Edited by Sniper Knight

One thing to consider in FE8 Randomized Recruitment is it also includes creature campaign units (Ismaire, Fado, etc) so we should either add them to the draftable unit list if we're going random recruitment. And I assume we just get whoever becomes Eirika/Ephraim/Orson for free.

One thing to consider in FE8 Randomized Recruitment is it also includes creature campaign units (Ismaire, Fado, etc) so we should either add them to the draftable unit list if we're going random recruitment. And I assume we just get whoever becomes Eirika/Ephraim/Orson for free.

as to eirika Ephraim and Orson, yes. Whoever takes their slot will be the freebie. That being the case, they should probably be thrown in the pot too. And I'll chuck in the creature camp gang too. Here's hoping my team isn't all post game.

So wait, if everything about every character, class, base stats, growth rates, and even when they're recruited is randomized, wouldn't that make who we specifically choose pointless and we can basically choose whoever we want?

If that's the case, then why don't we skip the typical draft rules and have each player just pick 10 or whatever unit's they'd like in order if no one know who's getting what when, or at least have everyone pick more than one person to speed things up. Or heck, maybe take it a step further and have everyone's units randomized to further keep in the spirit of this draft.