Better Form of Dracoknights?

SSbardock84

Better Form  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ones?

• Axes and Lances
    • Swords and Lances

What do you guys think is the better form of Dracoknights? With Axes and Lances or with Swords and Lances? I wish you could have all three, but I'm not sure which one I like better. I'd have to say Swords and Lances because I like swords. But Axes and Lances should be kept imo. It'd be good if you could choose what you want.

I prefer swords and lances,but axes and lances are probably more usable since you kinda see more sword or lance users later game then axe users.If a flying unit does end up getting swords and lances,it should be Falcon Knight/Warrior,since taking away the ability to use swords was a terrible idea.

Axes suit the more robust nature of drakes better than swords do. Besides, we already have two mounted classes with the sword/lance combo.

Axes and lances. I liked that RD changed them to start with axes and get lances later, because it added another axe-wielding class. Axe wielders weren't common in PoR at all. The only classes that could use them were the Fighter line and Axe Knight line. And Boyd was the only playable Fighter in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Axes and lances. I liked that RD changed them to start with axes and get lances later, because it added another axe-wielding class. Axe wielders weren't common in PoR at all. The only classes that could use them were the Fighter line and Axe Knight line. And Boyd was the only playable Fighter in the game.

You forgot about the Berserker class(Largo)! But you have a good point.

Axes and lances, easily. There are not a lot of mounted axe-users, and so giving Draco-knights axes is the right idea. I can't think of a situation where a Wyvern Lord would use swords over lances, except for against an axe user. I don't like training Wyvern Lords sword levels, and in FE8 I would always promote Cormag to Wyvern Knight.

You forgot about the Berserker class(Largo)! But you have a good point.

Ah, yes, indeed. xP Though in my defense, I never bother to recruit him because I feel he's pointless. So it's quite easy for me to forget him.

Not really in FE6, either, since axereavers exist (ftr, I haven't really used them often and just used killers) and killer lances can hit axe users kind of reliably anyway while also having good damage output, swords only have armorslayer going for them, which isn't that useful except against throne general bosses, and you can just train pre-isles units for that since the earlygame allows for iron swords to be used without going out of your way.

Axes and Lances easily. Swords almost never matter on Dracoknights, whereas axe rank is kind of easy to build if the unit in question is strong, axes dish out more damage against axes and reduce damage taken from them, while having hammer and hand axe too, and while those are limited in usefulness, they're more likely to come in handy than any type of swords.

Edited by Gradivus.

Axes and Lances because of the very obvious Sword/Lance presence compared to the former. But also I like the whole fliers having Lances and then opposite weapons on the triangle. Now I just want a Griffon Rider with Axes and Swords.

Axes/lances as featured in the Archanea/Tellius/Awakening/Fates games. I much prefer it to the Sword/lance of FEGBA.

I like weapon diversity in my classes, and there's little differentiating a Wyvern Lord from a Falcon Knight in FEGBA other than caps otherwise. Plus Wyvern Knight is better than both in SS.