Wings of Courage feedback

Dragoncat

Story: here

I'll be posting authors notes for each chapter here too.

AN for Prologue:

Jarod had to go. He does anyway in RD...in this alternate history, he got what was coming for him earlier. If the fight seems unrealistic and one sided, Nyra got some bumps too, but I couldn't find anywhere to say that.

Edited by Dragoncat

Don't worry, I don't mind that, Jarod is a big dick. :P

Yeah he is. But he did have some redeeming qualities...his buddy Alder who took the BK's stab for him. I almost feel sorry for him here. Almost xD

• 5 weeks later...

Yay, and awesome job. ^^ Can't wait to see how those Daeins react when Jerec shows his...ahem, true colors. ;3

Jerec belongs to me and my co-author, btw, everyone, and I did give Dcat permission to use him.

Jerec belongs to me and my co-author, btw, everyone, and I did give Dcat permission to use him.

That he does...I neglected to say that because I thought people would know. Or you would say it for me xD

I see you have no problem with him feeding a wyvern cake when he was ten. I needed some way for Valmas to remember him, other than just knowing Bryce.

Yeah, some might've known since you posted this story here before, but it's quite possible that not everyone did. :P

And nope, I thought that was hilarious. XD

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

Bit late but I AM looking forwards to the next chapter and the like. Just remember to not give up steam and keep chugging forwards!

Giving up steam is easy xD

I haven't abandoned this though! In fact I'm starting a new chapter now. The holidays were...the holidays. Busy.

Okay Snowy, I expect you to comment now, the character you submitted has shown up ^_^

The date for this chapter is my little bro's birthday. Or it would be if the year was 2003...and Noxfluo translates to "night bleed" in latin. Nosferatu doesn't mean anything in any language as far as I know so I changed it. There's a health draining light tome in my head canon too, called Luxfluo or "day bleed". Also, both of Keira's parents' names come from A Link Between Worlds. Rosso is the miner, Irene is the young witch...not many NPCs in ALBW have names so I didn't have much to choose from.

Noxfluo IS Nosferatu with a different name. Guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Filler chapter perhaps, but this time around I included how Kiera gets interested in the magic weapons. Also, I can totally see Calill doing that. Running around with no coat on in winter because it's not fashionable enough despite being cold. And bossing other mages around.

Ohhh, okay then. :P

Ah, right, gotcha. I totally forgot that Keira is originally Snowy's character Kelly. lol Btw, I saw a lot of Pokemon and Zelda names in there. :P Kurt and Keira are the names of Pokemon characters, and Rosso and Irene are characters from Zelda: ALBW.

Yeah Kurt is the apricorn guy and Keira is from D/P/Pt. She's a contest judge who has a buneary, I think. I had to think a bit on that one, I was like "There's a Keira in pokemon?" But then I remembered. Kurt isn't named after the apricorn guy, I just liked the name and thought it would work for a cavy. And yep, Rosso kept his name from last time. There's not much to choose from in ALBW, most of the NPCs don't have names. Thought about using Ceres instead but it's not that good of a name and too similar to Cerai.

Great to see her in action! I was busy yesterday and was basically not around Friday except in spurts (got a rush job on an RPG review. Still needs work.) so I didn't see it on the front page. I'm curious, is this before she started to experiment and develop her own or after? Regardless, I'm perfectly willing to write any sections involving the magical weapons. One thing I can easily see is the sword not actually looking like a magic weapon but, rather, what one should look like to someone who has never seen one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Man guys I am SO sorry for letting writers block have its way with me. I'm planning on doing something leading up to the second attack by Daein on Crimea for the next chapter, and Fiona will make an appearance. But since I'm having trouble with the plot itself, ideas are welcome. Anything. PM them to me so we don't crowd this topic.

Edited by Dragoncat

• 3 months later...