Special Edition cartridge compatible with old 3DS?

Roflolxp54

I've been hearing that the special edition cart may be only compatible with the New 3DS systems (New 3DS, New 3DS XL) and is incompatible with the old/legacy 3DS systems (3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS). Is there any confirmation on this? I would really want to pick up the special edition cart should it be available in America next year but I only have the old 3DS system.

If the special edition cartridge is only compatible with the New 3DS system, that should be stated on the SF's FE Fates' Separate Versions page. Wouldn't want to buy the special edition pack only to see that the cartridge wouldn't work on the old 3DS system!

Edited by Roflolxp54

This is the first I've heard of this, and honestly I'm pretty certain it's bullcrap.

I may own a New 3DS, but I honestly doubt anything in the special edition would mandate it.

I certainly hope it's bullcrap. It would be a big disappointment if the old 3DS can't handle a cartridge that's carrying a heavy load of old-3DS-compatible software.

I have the special edition and play it on a original model 3DS...

It's perfectly playable. There aren't New 3DS-specific features like the ones seen in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. either.

I've been playing it on my 'old' 3DS XL and it works just fine.

Whew, had myself worrying over nothing. Thanks!

From what I can tell, the only time that nintendo has a new 3ds exclusive game or feature of a game is when it requires new 3ds exclusive hardware to work.

I've been hearing that the special edition cart may be only compatible with the New 3DS systems (New 3DS, New 3DS XL) and is incompatible with the old/legacy 3DS systems (3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS). Is there any confirmation on this? I would really want to pick up the special edition cart should it be available in America next year but I only have the old 3DS system.

If the special edition cartridge is only compatible with the New 3DS system, that should be stated on the SF's FE Fates' Separate Versions page. Wouldn't want to buy the special edition pack only to see that the cartridge wouldn't work on the old 3DS system!

This had me worried too since I only have my capture card on my old system and it's very expensive to have it on the new 3ds. Since I want to record this game when it comes out in America. :D

Aka: It works great on the older 3dses.

Edited by Princess_Elise