FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is how we roll!

also hold A on enemy phases, goddamn

you manage to find the time to fill up 80% of your threads with your own posts yet you don't have the time to find a clear data save to skip map animations or learn to hold A during enemy phase to prevent the cursor from coming up every time an enemy attacks

My, impatient, aren't we? -w-

That was quite impressive.

I noticed you skipped Thani, do you think that will affect you or not really?

The only real use I see of Thani is on taking out the 1-3 Knight cockblocking the path to Arrive. ):

Oh lol I see what you mean. Ambiguous grammar error - justifies my assumption that I would fail the SAT were I to retake it.

You're way too nice. I usually let them have it.

Looking forward to 3-P Kappa

I'm not even sure if that's supposed to be a verb or an adjective. I mean, what are commas for!

I think a 3-turn clear might be "plausible" in a run where you only cared about LTCing a particular chapter. In particular, if you boss abused Edward/Nolan/Leonardo to 2nd tier (maybe 3rd tier? o_o) it's probably within reach, but as it currently stands I think not. EDIT: Actually probably just one of them to second tier, in addition to Laura so that she has extra Mov and can shove Sothe (I think?)

I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore. Though I just remembered, it's virtually possible considering you don't actually need Seals to promote, in this game. In addition to that, it's well within your means, considering the suspend gimmick thingy.

1-3?3 turns is impossible。

Look who decided to show up... -w-

Just checked, and it seems a 3 turn clear of 1-2 is just out of reach as well:

Image removed.

You can push Laura this far ahead by the end of turn 2. Assuming she survives everything on the enemy phase, she has 9 spaces to go to reach the arrive square. This looks nominally OK since Sothe can kill whatever attacks her from the front, and then 4 shoves get her to the arrive square, but Micaiah can only move far enough to do the first shove, and Nolan is standing in her way :(

EDIT: Scratch that, this screenshot makes it look possible (unless the archer and soldiers position themselves stupidly)

3U26cw5.jpg

But I really don't want to reset all the necessary times to do this... sigh...

EDIT (again): Thank goodness! Still not possible. Nolan shoves, then Micaiah shoves, then Leo has to shove, but can't do it in the right direction. What a relief!

Dude. You're scaring me right now. Thank god this is, not only done on emulator, but also done for this sole ocassion. You know, as opposed to actually playing like that.

Chapter 1-3 cleared in 4 turns, Aran recruited, but Aimee died. There are no long-term consequences for that, right?

I knew it was possible...although, I could never get that 4-turn right. /: IIRC, I didn't need a crapton of luck to pull it off.

Just finished a 3 turn clear of Chapter 1-4. I used 2-3 save states for levels... and even with that Leonardo got a terrible level (only skill). Do you guys think I should use a save state to give him a better level (it's easy for me to do and I haven't recorded yet). Or will it make the video look bad/do you think I won't need it?

Not that I know of... but who can say?

In all honesty, I would be extremely surprised... though I could potential imagine him doing some chip damage in the next (defense) chapter, or perhaps using his bow from a ledge in one of 3-? chapters.

EDIT: especially when shooting down at things and/or if he is using Lughsandnah or however you spell it.

Edited by ruadath

Not that I know of... but who can say?

In all honesty, I would be extremely surprised... though I could potential imagine him doing some chip damage in the next (defense) chapter, or perhaps using his bow from a ledge in one of 3-? chapters.

EDIT: especially when shooting down at things and/or if he is using Lughsandnah or however you spell it.

Since this is LTC, I'm pretty much assuming you ARE going to use Jill. Which means an easy 2-turn for both, 3-12 & 3-13. You don't need to do much in 1-5.

Video is nearly done uploading; in the meantime, I am already thinking about the next chapter! (though not planning to run it today)

After the all of the base conversations and stuff, I've got slightly under 14k gold. I'm almost certain that I'm buying the Arms Scroll, but what about the Spirit Dust? I can imagine a number of places where that could potentially be useful. I can probably scrape by in terms of cash by selling off useless skills (Meg's Fortune, worth a hefty 3k gold, comes to mind), but am I losing out on anything particularly important if I do so?

3 turns. There is a lot going on in this chapter, since we have access to the preparations screen for the first time. We also see almost double as many levels as we have had in the entire playthrough so far!

[spoiler=Required Stats]Micaiah - 10 Mag, 10 Spd, +1 Atk Support

Edward - I think he only needs a proc of Str or a +1 Atk Support. Thankfully we have an excess here.

Nolan - 13 Str or +1 Atk Support (bold indicates what I have)

Ilyana - 13 Mag, 14 Spd (or crit on first enemy phase: this is what I chose since I couldn't level her up)

During the preparations screen, I BEXP Micaiah up a level so that she hits the required benchmarks for the chapter. I also need to break Micaiah's support with Sothe and start one with Nolan so that Nolan can break the wall in one hit and also so that they can later team up to kill a transformed tiger (with help from Aran). The support between Edward and Leo isn't necessary, but maybe it'll be useful later.

From the shop I bought the Hand Axe, Beast Killer, and Ellight. The second one has obvious use in this chapter; I'm sure the Hand Axe will be useful at some point, and maybe Ellight can get used in Chapter 1-9 by Micaiah if she hits C rank quickly enough.

I also pick up Beastfoe and the Master Seal during the chapter itself. I think it's pretty clear what those are good for. As before, I'm trying to prioritize kills to Micaiah and Ilyana during the chapter since they need to hit certain benchmarks by certain points in the game.

EDIT: Some parts of this are going to get redone. In particular, I am not going to bother purchasing Ellight if a forged Light tome works just as good/better. Chapter clear should be the same though.

Edited by ruadath

UPDATE

Here are the changes implemented to the above video:

- Ellight not purchased, got Mend instead

- Changed turn order so that Leonardo got slightly better level (HP, Skl, Spd)

- Since Sothe evidently didn't require any healing, I sent Laura along with the main party allowing her to get two heals (with Mend) for a net +13 EXP, in addition to gaining more support points with Leonardo

(enough to start their support next chapter)

Do you think purchasing Mend is a good idea? Or is/was it a waste of money?

Laura needs to be trained up to take care of a certain boss from afar later on in the playthrough quicker than anyone else can. I won't spoil it for you if you don't know who it is.

Speaking of which, that is why I need to determine if it's worth it to purchase the Mend staff. It gives Laura more EXP, which is nice since it saves BEXP, but since she's at a pretty low level anyway, I don't know if the benefits are worth the cost of 1000G... mainly because I'm not sure if I will be strapped for cash or not during this playthrough.

EDIT: I'm sticking with Mend because it's not that expensive and the WEXP could be useful if I want Laura to be another rescue staff user late game (unclear)

Edited by ruadath

4-3 I think

Even if so, once part 4 rolls around we have access to the aggregate convoy, which means there should be more than enough Arms Scrolls around to boost her however high she needs to go (not higher than B for Purge, I imagine).

I was curious why you leveled her up as well lol now I know.

I think that mend was a good purchase because it gives her better exp and she heals better too. Also very interesting that you want to raise her I definitely can't wait to see how that works out. I recommend buying her recover in 1-E because she gains even better exp with that.

As for this chapter I love the way you handled it! It's one of my favorite maps and your strategy was fun to watch. You had everyone co-operate, even Meg hehe. I had no idea Ilyana' s potential.

Edited by Rosemary

As for this chapter I love the way you handled it! It's one of my favorite maps and your strategy was fun to watch. You had everyone co-operate, even Meh hehe. I had no idea Ilyana' s potential.

Thanks! Honestly, the updated version looks even better (by a little bit) because Laura fits in with the main group to get a couple of heals in (Sothe easily survives on his own, and could use a Herb/Vulnerary on turn 2 if he needed to).

Now back to the question of planning for 1-5. Ugh, I hate defense chapters. But before we even get to that, I have to decided what I'm buying from the Shop. Arms Scroll sounds like a good idea, so I'm fairly convinced that I will be purchasing that. I realized that Spirit Dust also seems kind of pointless due to forging tomes, etc. However, I think there might be a use for the Spirit Dust after all; Chiki says that with Calill transfers a 2 turn of 3-9 is possible, I assume by Meteor critting the boss. It probably works by having Ilyana take a Spirit Dust over too? Not so certain. Alternatively, I could BEXP her a couple of levels, but that's probably expensive.

EDIT: Also unfamiliar with the rules for LTC in this game: do I have to kill all of the enemies or something before the end of the chapter to prevent it from counting an extra turn?

Edited by ruadath

You can't transfer the spirit dust from Part 1 to 3-9. I also don't think that'd be enough to get the 3-9 boss. Chiki's transfers not only include +mag and +spd from Calill in FE9 but also boosts from Largo. The +2 str she gets from him probably help her not get outweighed by the Meteor tome ... I haven't watched his playthrough in a while but I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually crit the boss either. He just ORKOs him with two meteor hits iirc.

From now on the run is gonna change a good bit too compared to one with transfers. Jill, Tauroneo and Zihark all do stuff in the upcoming chapters so their lack of transfers will make a difference, especially on Jill. If Jill's AI is dumb she can suicide in 1-5 too.

You can't transfer the spirit dust from Part 1 to 3-9. I also don't think that'd be enough to get the 3-9 boss. Chiki's transfers not only include +mag and +spd from Calill in FE9 but also boosts from Largo. The +2 str she gets from him probably help her not get outweighed by the Meteor tome ... I haven't watched his playthrough in a while but I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually crit the boss either. He just ORKOs him with two meteor hits iirc.

Chiki hasn't implements the 2 turn yet (AFAIK). Meteor weighs a ridiculous 18 Wt, so even with Str transfer, Calill has no hope of doubling the boss. If FEWOD/FEW are correct (and the stats are the same on normal mode and hard mode, it doens't say), Roark has 42 HP, 15 Res. Since Meteor has a 8 Mt, Calill needs 21 Mag to kill, which is convenienty 2 more than what she starts with. Also note that she does have 18 Skl while the boss has 8 Luck, so she does have a chance to crit him (although I guess this doesn't matter because I will likely try to put her in Wrath range with Neph's wrath)

Also, Ilyana can take the Spirit Dust across, no? Or is she already to full of things she needs to take?