Lowen.

DeSu

Second HHM PT. Decided to give Lowen another chance. Chapter 19x. Paladin.

Lvl 20/1 Paladin

Hp 43

Str 15

Skill 13

Spd 15

Luck 14

Def 19

Res 9

HE HAS 19 FRICKING DEFENSE. ON A FRICKIN HORSE. The greatest wall EVER.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Lowen is looking awesome so far. His HP and defense are average at that point.

Average Lowen def is 16.2 at this point, so :P

My Lowen is actually above in everything by 1-3 points... :lol:!!!

Edited by フアイヤ

Well, Lowen is well known for his defense. He's right up there with Oswin and Hector in terms of defense. Obviously he doesn't beat Oswin in it, but it's nothing to be shamed of. His other stats could of been more impressive, but that's not a big deal.

I used Lowen more. As well as Franz and Makalov too lol.

damn, those are all the paladins I pretty much never use :P

Makalov turns out pretty godly in Path of Radiance and is probably the second best paladin in Radiant Dawn (first going to Astrid because her speed cap is high enough to double-attack end-game while no other paladin can do that).

Just saying.

Of course, EVERYONE in Path of Radiance turns out godly so I guess that doesn't count. Game is so easy.

Makalov turns out pretty godly in Path of Radiance and is probably the second best paladin in Radiant Dawn (first going to Astrid because her speed cap is high enough to double-attack end-game while no other paladin can do that).

Being able to double attack endgame (if you can level her up that fast...) vs getting double-attacked earlier in the game while also doing fail damage and always having fail def. I would peg her as by far one of the worst paladins in RD. Bottom tier, even. She doesn't even reach her speed cap on average.

Edited by Reikken

Lowen is the best Paladin in FE7, Franz the second-best, and Makalov epic in their respective games. <3

Looks like I'm the underdog user here because RNG hates it when I use "godly" paladins

The only reason why I used them is because they're funny looking.

Lowen has his green hair covering his eyes lol

Franz looks to me kinda clumsy and being helpful

And Makalow because he has PINK HAIR!!!!! <3

Also, I don't care for the Red and Green guys <.<

Edited by torifae

I absolutely hated Lowen on my first time through. His offensive stats weren't very impressive, so I ended up benching him. On my second time through, I was determined to use different characters, so I decided to give Lowen another try. I was pleased with the results; he was pretty much indestructible and could avoid fairly well to boot. I even got lucky and he ended up coming close to capping his strength and speed. On my most recent file, Lowen is turning out fairly good although he has yet to gain any strength.

Being able to double attack endgame (if you can level her up that fast...) vs getting double-attacked earlier in the game while also doing fail damage and always having fail def. I would peg her as by far one of the worst paladins in RD. Bottom tier, even. She doesn't even reach her speed cap on average.

Yes. I have to add to this.

Astrid requires far too much work to get to a useable point for her to be worth it. You spend far more effort getting her competent than you save later in the game. She got horribly nerfed in RD. No longer does she supply the Knight Ward, and have an OK join situation. She now isn't even special for Paragon, because you can rip it off her and put it on a better character.

Yes. I have to add to this.

Astrid requires far too much work to get to a useable point for her to be worth it. You spend far more effort getting her competent than you save later in the game. She got horribly nerfed in RD. No longer does she supply the Knight Ward, and have an OK join situation. She now isn't even special for Paragon, because you can rip it off her and put it on a better character.

That's no fair.

She isn't tough to level in PoR, especially considering the ravens on her joining chapter and how little BEXP she takes. She can use axes on promotion, and she can easily become one of the best units on your team.

Things are slightly harder in RD, but her caps and SS weapon are undeniably better than all the other paladins the game. She is also the perfect candidate for Blossom. Paragon once again ensures she'll catch up quickly.

not with blossom, she won't

and caps don't matter when you don't reach them

Also, "slightly" is a huge understatement. FE9 Astrid needed like 1 chapter's worth of bexp to start double-attacking things on hard mode. In FE10...yeah...

And, as already mentioned, innate skills don't ensure anything since they can now be transferred.

Edited by Reikken

not with blossom, she won't

and caps don't matter when you don't reach them

She can't get Blossom until she's had time to grow.

She will easily reach them with or without Blossom. Pretty much anyone in this game can reach most or all of their caps.

That's no fair.

She isn't tough to level in PoR, especially considering the ravens on her joining chapter and how little BEXP she takes. She can use axes on promotion, and she can easily become one of the best units on your team.

Things are slightly harder in RD, but her caps and SS weapon are undeniably better than all the other paladins the game. She is also the perfect candidate for Blossom. Paragon once again ensures she'll catch up quickly.

FE9 Astrid is great.

FE10 Astrid nosedived several dozen stories. I was so excited when I got to play as the Crimean Knights. I was like "ALL THESE CHARACTERS WHERE PRETTY DAMN AWESOME IN FE9". Then, Astrid went and ruined everything. Pathetic level, being doubled, dealing pretty much no damage... She had to be babied to the extreme. And of course, you could pour BEXP into her, but couldn't you also pour that into your characters that, you know, are actually good? And you could actually get full use of the three-and-only-three-stats-per-level-up thingy. If you poured it into Astrid, she'd end up sub par anyway, and you'd lose out on improving those other characters.

Not to mention that Paladins took a MASSIVE blow in RD. The new terrain shit alone dethroned them from being the best class in the game.

FE9 Astrid is great.

FE10 Astrid nosedived several dozen stories. I was so excited when I got to play as the Crimean Knights. I was like "ALL THESE CHARACTERS WHERE PRETTY DAMN AWESOME IN FE9". Then, Astrid went and ruined everything. Pathetic level, being doubled, dealing pretty much no damage... She had to be babied to the extreme. And of course, you could pour BEXP into her, but couldn't you also pour that into your characters that, you know, are actually good? And you could actually get full use of the three-and-only-three-stats-per-level-up thingy. If you poured it into Astrid, she'd end up sub par anyway, and you'd lose out on improving those other characters.

Not to mention that Paladins took a MASSIVE blow in RD. The new terrain shit alone dethroned them from being the best class in the game.

If you really aren't good with bow users, here's an easy way for Astrid: Attack an enemy, have her bail with Canto. She's got Paragon, so she'll gain levels at about the same pace as anyone else, and soon enough she should be able to hold her own. And Astrid takes half as much BEXP as anyone else; As if it matters when BEXP is so overly abundant in RD.

I agree on the overall nerfing, though their caps is what really get them. Astrid, and possibly Fiona, are the only ones really good enough for endgame, and really only because they have better speed and luck caps, and skill in Astrid's case. I won't go into Fiona. Her joining conditions are just terrible, even for me.