Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why mixed attacker? Using Explosive Shuriken / Levin Sword / Bolt Axe in addition to physical weapons you mean? Cause DFs don't use tomes any longer.

I'm not impressed by Dread Fighters tbqh. Dark Fliers have flight, mounted tomes and Galeforce (which is a big deal for Felicia/Jakob mainly).

Dread Fighters are cool because they have a bunch of magic resistant skills and their skill that lets them escape statuses 2x quicker is cool too. It gives everyone Shuriken/Dagger Access and for most of your unpromoted physical units it's a really nice boost. A little too nice in the early game, since you have a unit with promoted stats but gaining exp like an unpromoted unit. Dreads are much less impressive later on. Anyone with an existent magic growth (or even better, an existent tome rank) can rock Dark Flier though and it's a pretty broken class early on and stays broken for a loooooong time, which is probably why they locked it behind an even bigger paywall than Dread (3 routes instead of 2).

Dread Fighters are cool because they have a bunch of magic resistant skills and their skill that lets them escape statuses 2x quicker is cool too. It gives everyone Shuriken/Dagger Access and for most of your unpromoted physical units it's a really nice boost. A little too nice in the early game, since you have a unit with promoted stats but gaining exp like an unpromoted unit. Dreads are much less impressive later on. Anyone with an existent magic growth (or even better, an existent tome rank) can rock Dark Flier though and it's a pretty broken class early on and stays broken for a loooooong time, which is probably why they locked it behind an even bigger paywall than Dread (3 routes instead of 2).

I was planning on having Kamui end up as a Dread Fighter over White/Dark Blood in the routes - would it still work? (Probably going +Spd/Str and -Lck/Res asset)

So, how is a +STR -SKL MU? I'm adamant on using that asset and flaw because it's what fits me the best and I like the MU to be, well, my unit.

What do you guys think are the best classes for this build?

I'm asking mostly about Norh Hard and Lunatic

Edited by Nobody

So, how is a +STR -SKL MU? I'm adamant on using that asset and flaw because it's what fits me the best and I like the MU to be, well, my unit.

What do you guys think are the best classes for this build?

I'm asking mostly about Norh Hard and Lunatic

25% personal SKL growth is really low.

I think this build needs Ninja or Mercenary for the highest base SKL and growth.

Yeah, it's a real pity I can't access Dark Falcon on the file that I have, only Dread Fighter.

Also, just realised Dread's pair-up bonuses are +2 str/+2 spd/+4 res. I guess I just might turn Hana into one on my current run, maybe after she hits L10, since I did intend to use her as Cyrus's support bot that occasionally also fights people.

So I'm a fan of 1-2 range. I don't LTC but I feel like it's invaluable for a unit to be able to ORKO at 1-2 range. Like I tried Ranger!Gerik in FE8. At first I was like; cool! Gerik has 1 more move! But then on EP, units would attack him at 1 range if he had a bow equipped and they would attack him at 2 range if he had a sword equipped. Made me wish I kept him as Hero for those handaxes.

Anyways, I feel like a heretic for saying this but, is Takumi really best as a Holy Bowman? He stays 2 range-locked, so its gonna be hard for him to contribute on EP. Idk if this is right or not but I'd rather be 1 range-locked on EP, so you can counter more things. Is GKW!Takmui better? E lances hurts tho.

Another idea I had was Puppeteer!Takumi (Marriage Seal w/ Kagerou). He keeps his bow rank and Fujin Bow access. Best part is he gets Kunai. Again, E rank hurts but maybe an Arms Scroll could work (Who else needs one? Izana maybe for his staff rank). It allows Takumi to use Iron Kunai forges on EP, and he can still use his bow. Not to mention, with Kagerou pairup, he's an 8 move unit that ignores terrain (kinda like a flier).

I definitely like the idea of Puppeteer!Takumi. Is it worth a shot?

Edited by OurBoyRoy

GKW Takumi is the better option. He has almost no trouble killing things or hitting them so he would always like the more movement. Going Puppeteer is an interesting option though the power through the Shuriken Ranks is a massive pain getting up to C to use the Steel ones.

*This pure, 100% theorycrafting. I don't quite know what I'm talking about, as this is just from what I can gather through the main site.

**This applies to both Revelations and Birthright, though Birthright in particular if it matters a lot.

How useful is Yuugiri? Looking at her join chapter and her bases, she doesn't seem that bad. Subaki and Hinoka come earlier with better growths, but she doesn't need to use a Master Seal (is that notable?). Once she gets Soar, I would assume she would want to switch into something more useful like Falcon Warrior, right? Or are Parallel Seals scarce enough that she's not a high enough priority target for them?

And is there any class she may want through Marriage Seal if it makes enough of a difference, or should I just focus on my character?

It all depends on what class you want her to end, from herself she has the classes of Spellcaster, Pegasus Knight and Ninja where she can acquire skills like Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Copycat Puppet, Tomefaire, Kunaifaire, Lethality and such.

She doesn't have access to the faires of the two weapons she starts out with but giving her Lance Fighter and Bowman would make one of the promoted classes redundant(GKW and Basara) so it's all up to your choice.

I was thinking about Lance Fighter, cause the only ways to get that class would be to set it as my secondary, or marry/buddy Oboro/Shinonome, and those would miss the point or take too long.

It could go something like: Get Corrin to level 10, switch to Lance Fighter, work up into Basara for Breaking Sky, get a level as a Falcon Warrior for Swallow Strike, go on Holy Lancer until endgame where I switch to some class with a sword for Yato through a Buddy Seal (Paladin cause of Sword and Lance access through Silas possibly?). Yuugiri gets Soar, then Breaking Sky, then goes Holy Lancer for Lancefaire, maybe end as Falcon Warrior for Flight and the +1 move pair-up. It all sounds like a lot of seal usage though.

Say I've married Yuugiri before she reclasses into Basara. Will she gain the Lance Fighter skills or the Spellcaster skills while leveling up as Basara? Or does it depend on what seal she used to reclass?

Based on what I've heard, she will learn both the Spellcaster and Lance Fighter skills when leveling up as a Basara.

only if they have both as the base class. Takumi as GKW will not learn Pegasus skills unless he married/buddied and gains Pegasus as another option

only if they have both as the base class. Takumi as GKW will not learn Pegasus skills unless he married/buddied and gains Pegasus as another option

I'm aware. I was addressing their specific example where they're having Yuugiri (who has S-supported Corrin with a Lance Fighter secondary) go into Basara.

Based on what I've heard, she will learn both the Spellcaster and Lance Fighter skills when leveling up as a Basara.

This. Once you are married and pass her the class she will learn the skills of both Spellcaster and Lance Fighter, I don't believe people have checked in which priority the classes are gained once you level up but it's known you'll get the skills.

Your best path with the skills would be to go inmediate Basara once you marry her or even once you get her, you gotta remember she is a prepromote so getting Soar/Lancefaire which I believe are lvl. 15 skills you must get the other skills out of the way first so it'll be something like this:

Assuming she gained some levels until you married her I'll start as her being a lvl. 3 Golden Kite Warrior since she arrives as a lvl. 1 GKW in Chapter 11(in both Birthright and Revelation)

3-Reclassed to Basara with either a Marriage or Second Seal

4-Either Magic+2 or Defense Seal

5-Same as above

6-Either Fortune or Substitute

7-Same as above

8-Breaking Sky afterwards Second Sealing to Holy Lancer

9-Speed Seal

10 to 14-Free

15-Lancefaire and since you want Soar you must go back to her starting class, GKW

16-Soar

You've decided since you want her to end as a Falcon Knight then here is you Second Seal once again to it and once she levels up 17 and 18 she will get both of the skills of that class.

You'll have to spend 4 Second Seals if you want all those skills and for her to do it efficiently.

Edited by FireRuby14

The site says Soar is the level 5 skill, so she can save a seal to not go back to Golden Kite Warrior. If I feel that I don't have the resources for it, she could also not do Falcon Warrior and stay as a Holy Lancer, but I'd prefer her to reclass. Corrin needs 4 also with my current setup, but I can save one if I skip Falcon Warrior, and maybe another if I don't want to use Yato at endgame (but from what I've heard I do).

Yes that was a mistake, Sun God is the lvl. 15 GKW skill,that would mean that instead you change at lvl. 5 and save a Second Seal indeed.

Your MU reclass is actually 5 Seals(1 Marriage Seal(Peg. Knight), 2 Second Seals, one to Lance Fighter and after you promote with a Master Seal then another to the other promoted class.)

Oh right, I was just thinking of reclassing seals. It's actually 6 with going to a sword class. Nohr Prince -1> Lance Fighter -2> Pegasus Warrior -3> Falcon Warrior/Golden Kite Warrior -4> Basara -5> Holy Lancer -6> sword class. If I skip on the Pegasus Warrior tree, it's only 4. Is a Marriage Seal and a Parallel Seal worth Swallow Strike (and Eastern Heart and maybe the level 5 promoted skill (probably Soar))?

Oh right, I was just thinking of reclassing seals. It's actually 6 with going to a sword class. Nohr Prince -1> Lance Fighter -2> Pegasus Warrior -3> Falcon Warrior/Golden Kite Warrior -4> Basara -5> Holy Lancer -6> sword class. If I skip on the Pegasus Warrior tree, it's only 4. Is a Marriage Seal and a Parallel Seal worth Swallow Strike (and Eastern Heart and maybe the level 5 promoted skill (probably Soar))?

if you're +Spd, you're probably not gonna need Swallow Strike at all in-story. Eastern Heart's usefulness also varies. iono how useful just 10% is. imo it's not worth a slot and 2 Seals just for Eastern Heart. Soar is also just very situational. you'd much prefer to use an Archer against fliers anyways

also, if you do decide you want the Pegasus skills, why Lance Fighter -> Pegasus -> Basara? why not Lance Fighter -> Basara -> Holy Lancer -> GKW? that'll save you 1 Seal though you'll be in Sword Class at Lvl 9 if you're trying to get Soar vs 7 (8 vs 7 if you're only trying to get Eastern Heart and both 7 if only Swallow Strike)

Edited by GoXDS

You'd have to do it first a Second Seal to Lance Fighter, Second a Master Seal to Basara, Third a Marriage Seal to pick up Eastern Heart IMO I wouldn't recommend Soar or Eastern Heart, you don't need to worry about flying class with Takumi and his bow and unless you choose Speed as your flaw you'll be OK, Fourth a Second Seal once again but this time to Holy Lancer and I imagine lastly a Buddy Seal to Paladin or Great Knight. Just five.

Edit: Pretty much what the post above said.

Edited by FireRuby14

How useful is Yuugiri?

No one answered?

Very useful in both routes. More useful in IK because she's a sorta early strong prepromote who can either weaken enemies for you growth units to pick up or kill problem enemies (FE6 Zealot?). She's good as a GKW because her bulk is nothing special and Yumi are a strong weapon type that lets her avoid payer phase counters.

So, do you guys like Camilla as a Malig Knight or a Wyvern Lord and, if both, then when? Personally I think the Malig skills are pretty uber, and while the debuff doesn't see any use when she's mercilessly ORKOing stuff, whenever it does trigger it really helps the weaklings around Camilla score kills they would've struggled to get without it. Overbearing is incredibly useful for +5 dmg on non-mounts, which a lot of Camilla's victims will be, and allows her to OHKO units she fails to one-round, like some ninja and trueblades.

At the same time, Overbearing is only L15 which is most of Camilla's lifetime in your party, and during that time don't you want to give her more strength, more speed and a good deal more physical durability? She also becomes a more adequate defence pair-up partner for the likes of Kaze and Niles, whom she in turns likes being pair-up supported by (Flannel is also a good one, as is their potential daughter), so when she's not the one attacking her future or current husband could be kicking ass and taking names too.

And then again, Malig Knight paired up with Leo or Felicia for mag/spd/def bonuses gets some wicked damage out with a Bolt Axe (it really weakens when reclassing to WLord).

It seems that if you want the most out of Camilla ASAP you'll basically have to constantly shuffle between the two Wyvern Rider promotions (even though Sorc offers Bowbreaker, she's really hard to use as one, plus do you really want to rely on dodging 50-ish or so hit attacks? Vengeance's a nice proc skill though), and that's quite costly for the one path that's really restricted in terms of resources.

Camilla wants to be switched to a wyvern lord asap. Her bases and growths increase a lovely amount, and she has lance access,for beast killer fun. Once she's a level 15 lord, swap to Malig and get the skills, though she doesn't really need them. A good husband support like Harold,Benoit and Niles is all she needs. Sticking to Malig in the long run doesn't bring out Camilla's full potential.