Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

I'd agree with a temporary reclass to get skills, but not staying in GK; his speed is already poor even in Paladin, which makes going GK a risky endeavor I think.

I know a lot of people give Xander 1 or 2 Speedwings and Charlotte as a pair-up bot... won't those make up for the slight speed deficit from GK?

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people give Xander 1 or 2 Speedwings and Charlotte as a pair-up bot... won't those make up for the slight speed deficit from GK?

DISCLAIMER: I have not yet played the game, so I can't compare stats to enemy stats. Take with grain of salt.

Paladin to GK is a smaller speed drop than I thought (-1/-5% growth) but the Speedwings and Charlotte pair up are, to my understanding, mainly to compensate for his own speed already just being worse than enemies. Further lowering his speed (even by a little) to boost stats where he's already good (high Str, great Def) seems like a bad idea.

Losing Mov isn't fun either, but I can't judge that well at all without having played the game.

Edited by Skarthe

Great Knight Marx could probably be considered too. No one cares about E axes, but the extra raw stats are appreciated, as are the GK skills to add to his repertoire. The drawbacks are obviously losing movement, losing speed and being even more vulnerable to tome users. You can probably learn the skills later on when you're past -/15 and then go back to pally while retaining Diamond Strike and Luna.

Marx w/ S Charlotte kills the fuck out of everything already so Luna doesn't do much for his offense. He's also already a stupid good tank too with his effective 29 base defense so diamond Strike is sorta overkill since he probably doesn't eat counters on player phase anyway due to 1-2. He'd love mirror Strike but that's all the way at 20/15 Falco lol.

On the other hand, his son Siegbert could use both of those skills because he lacks Xander's prf weapon. Since he also starts with a Lance rank, he's probably better off going Wyvern than Paladin, but that's Gen 2 stuff.

Are DLC classes a good option for slaughtering early game with high Mov units that have higher Bases? Like I can think of no reason not to put Mozume into Dread Fighter or Dark Flier ASAP, because she starts with E lances so to Reclass to DF is no loss to weapon ranks and she could also rock Dark Flier. Similarly, other characters with gimped bases like Tsukyomi and Odin could go DLC for a quick boost and pick up a few neat skills along the way.

Are DLC classes a good option for slaughtering early game with high Mov units that have higher Bases? Like I can think of no reason not to put Mozume into Dread Fighter or Dark Flier ASAP, because she starts with E lances so to Reclass to DF is no loss to weapon ranks and she could also rock Dark Flier. Similarly, other characters with gimped bases like Tsukyomi and Odin could go DLC for a quick boost and pick up a few neat skills along the way.

Reclassing to DLC classes is basically an early-promoting without losing level or slowing dow EXP gaining. (Actually you will have one more level-up.)

If you have enough items for DLC classes, almost everyone should do it ASAP or at lv10. Good units will be better and bad units will be usable.

Edited by Tooru

Basically what Tooru said. There is no reason to not use dlc classes early on if you choose to. They really break the early game so use them at your discretion. Worth noting that in IK almost all of your early game units benefit from Dread Fighter, for example.

Basically what Tooru said. There is no reason to not use dlc classes early on if you choose to. They really break the early game so use them at your discretion. Worth noting that in IK almost all of your early game units benefit from Dread Fighter, for example.

Wouldn't Azura rather have Dark Flier for Lance rank?

I think she'd want, um, Dancer to be able to dance people.

Too bad Dark Falcon can't wield swords; it would be a perfect class for MU. Actually, not a single flying class in the game can wield swords.

The lower-end Dread Fighter/Dark Falcon seem a bit lacklustre though, even in comparison to other tier 1 classes' skills. It's quite a while until Galeforce and Aggressor at L35.

MU's actually doing pretty fine without a sword until that one spoiler-filled time at the end of the game where he deals 75% damage.

And yeah, Ryoma getting a peg reclass set without access to his sword makes the reclass pretty pointless. You gotta see how IS made a real effort to move away from sword-using fliers to users of axes, tomes and even bows (have we actually seen fliers with bows before? I don't think I have excepting that Touhou Chemblem doujin game), and I guess Awakening was the first to take them away from promoted pegasus knights, too.

I think she'd want, um, Dancer to be able to dance people.

Too bad Dark Falcon can't wield swords; it would be a perfect class for MU. Actually, not a single flying class in the game can wield swords.

The lower-end Dread Fighter/Dark Falcon seem a bit lacklustre though, even in comparison to other tier 1 classes' skills. It's quite a while until Galeforce and Aggressor at L35.

Dark Falcon's speed +2 is deceptively good.

Good point... But how many people can you realistically reclass into the DF and then have enough money to Parallel Seal back to the destination class? Especially when you get only 2 not factoring DLC.

Depends on the route.

Hoshido starts you off with 5k then gives you like 12k in the first chapter. However, there is also only one seal until C14 minimum so class hopping only can happen for 1 character early on. Nohr starts you off with 3k with potentially 10k to earn in C8, another 3k in C9 and another 10k in C10. There are also 2 parallel seals prior to the C14 shop (1 in the level 1 shop, 1 from C9 boss) so you have the funds to do class hopping for 2 characters since there are 2 seals. Silas and Effie would probably be good candidates for it too since they both carry weapon rank into it and have the same availability lol.

Would you really want to spend those limited early Parallels just to get +2 "permanent" speed for Silas and Wendy? Granted, both really do appreciate the boost. You lose both of the "free" Dark Falcon Wings, too.

I want to know though, what can you reclass into out of Dark Falcon? Do you go to the unpromoted class or the promoted options? Is it level-dependent maybe? Can you go back to Dark Falcon with a Parallel without using up another Dark Falcon Wing (say, after picking up other skills or for a Galeforce spammer lategame).

Would you really want to spend those limited early Parallels just to get +2 "permanent" speed for Silas and Wendy? Granted, both really do appreciate the boost. You lose both of the "free" Dark Falcon Wings, too.

I want to know though, what can you reclass into out of Dark Falcon? Do you go to the unpromoted class or the promoted options? Is it level-dependent maybe? Can you go back to Dark Falcon with a Parallel without using up another Dark Falcon Wing (say, after picking up other skills or for a Galeforce spammer lategame).

Yep, it's level dependent (I think). Not too sure on the latter, though I think it's yes too.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Lv1~20 DLC class <--> Lv1~20 Unpromoted Class

Lv21~40 DLC class <--> Lv1~20 Promoted Class

Once a unit reclasses to a DLC class, that class will be added into the list of Parallel Seal.

Edited by Tooru

Whether or not it's worth it is up to you. Basically everyone benefits from it, so it you can just throw it whoever you want, but ideally carrying a weapon rank into the class makes it that much better.

A question about the practicality of Rescue Staff/Vanished Disaster usersā€¦.

I've heard many people mentioning them to be E-rank ,which would be similar to Awakeningā€¦

But this website's data tables list them as D-rank.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/inventory/batons/

Is this website wrong?

If they are indeed E-rank, that would make class changing to Pegasus to exploit Rescue + flying + large movement range far more immediately useful, rather than needing to grind to D-staves first.

You know, this would affect the practicality of something like Rescue Staff Pegasus Luna, for instance.

Edited by astrophys

Hello I have a few questions regarding Kamui and Kanna

So I'm starting my Lunatic playthroughs pretty soon on each route(I did Hard my first playthroughs) I'm curious what's actually good for Kamui and Kanna class wise is Nohr Prince/Princess pretty wack compared to the other options?

In Nohr I ended as a Dark Blood

In Hoshido I ended as White Blood but I also was a Trueblade for Astra but I kinda felt like I shoulda just stayed Trueblade

In IK I think I was doing some sorta weird White Blood utility build.

Ninja into Elite Ninja was brought up as an option to me and I find it very interesting I intend to try it out in Nohr Lunatic.

Also I feel like unlike Morgan Kanna actually needs a good mother. IK I married Velour, Hoshido Hana and Nohr Azura. I feel like the Nohr Prince/Princess class might actually be garbage for her and I'm better off reclassing her into a pure physical class(I considered Great Lord) what have you guys done with your Kannas?

Also I saw +MAG Paladin as an option that looks pretty neat as well would you be using Levin Sword for the majority of the game then switch it up to Yato during the end game orrr? I planned to try +MAG Paladin in Hoshido Lunatic.

+STR/-RES Ninja in Nohr

+STR/-RES Samurai in IK

I'm open to some suggestions though thanks in advance :>

A question about the practicality of Rescue Staff/Vanished Disaster usersā€¦.

I've heard many people mentioning them to be E-rank ,which would be similar to Awakeningā€¦

But this website's data tables list them as D-rank.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/inventory/batons/

Is this website wrong?

If they are indeed E-rank, that would make class changing to Pegasus to exploit Rescue + flying + large movement range far more immediately useful, rather than needing to grind to D-staves first.

You know, this would affect the practicality of something like Rescue Staff Pegasus Luna, for instance.

Warp/Rescue is indeed E-Rank

Luna does actually have some merit on Conquest because she's the only other unit capable of going into pegasus besides Aqua and excluding Shigure

Edited by TsubameGaeshi

Hello I have a few questions regarding Kamui and Kanna

So I'm starting my Lunatic playthroughs pretty soon on each route(I did Hard my first playthroughs) I'm curious what's actually good for Kamui and Kanna class wise is Nohr Prince/Princess pretty wack compared to the other options?

In Nohr I ended as a Dark Blood

In Hoshido I ended as White Blood but I also was a Trueblade for Astra but I kinda felt like I shoulda just stayed Trueblade

In IK I think I was doing some sorta weird White Blood utility build.

Ninja into Elite Ninja was brought up as an option to me and I find it very interesting I intend to try it out in Nohr Lunatic.

Also I feel like unlike Morgan Kanna actually needs a good mother. IK I married Velour, Hoshido Hana and Nohr Azura. I feel like the Nohr Prince/Princess class might actually be garbage for her and I'm better off reclassing her into a pure physical class(I considered Great Lord) what have you guys done with your Kannas?

Also I saw +MAG Paladin as an option that looks pretty neat as well would you be using Levin Sword for the majority of the game then switch it up to Yato during the end game orrr? I planned to try +MAG Paladin in Hoshido Lunatic.

+STR/-RES Ninja in Nohr

+STR/-RES Samurai in IK

I'm open to some suggestions though thanks in advance :>

I found great use in having Cav as a secondary class in Hoshido to make getting to the houses easier in 13 iirc.

Qr749Jz.jpg

E-rank.

It is not too hard to find a replacement(usually a worse version) for other Kamui/Kanna builds. When they are in their base class, they are unique.

Having more choices is good at the beginning. But when we know more and more about this game, it becomes less and less necessary.

Edited by Tooru

I don't think Levin sword is normally Available in Hoshido, but Shocksticks/Shinrai Naginatas areā€¦..

Ah that's correct I completely forgot about that, Unless I abuse "My Castle" but I would like to not abuse that.

Cav seems like a good side for Hoshido though regardless, It's something I'd like to try out for sure