The most terrifying moment of your life.

ghast

probably the moment before i was hit by a small pickup truck.

B4GF50.jpg

I was 6 years old when I wanted to ride on this exact ride (Oakwood Park's Pirate Ship, in Wales). It looked fun, and some other kids were coming off it. The others were saying that the next ride it was going to go right around, but I insisted on riding it.

The ride started swinging, and it hit the 90 degree point. I remember thinking, "ok this is high enough thanks" and hated that feeling of weightlessness and falling. Then it went beyond 90 degrees and I started screaming and crying, shit-scared of falling, I think. My mother then began shouting at the operator to stop the ride, which he did, and I got off.

I never attended another theme park/rode another large ride until 10 years later, where i finally put my fears aside and got on the Hulk rollercoaster at Universal Studios Florida, no less. Nothing better to ride when you want to overcome your fear of large rides.

BB_vert_2_tcm13-4594.jpg

that rollercoaster looks so fun.

terrifyin

i rode goliath at six flags magic mountain in socal, and right at the end of the ride the cars jiggled off the tracks. terrifying

I've been getting sleep paralysis on a somewhat regular basis ever since I was ~11 or such. It was terrifying the first time around, but over the years I've learned to kind of 'shake' myself awake from that, if that makes any sense. The reaction to it nowadays is more akin to "oh ffs I'm tired of this shit" as opposed to actual fear.

Tactile and auditory hallucinations are somewhat rare, but on most occasions I see things like a chair taking a humanoid shape or something to that effect.

I've been getting sleep paralysis on a somewhat regular basis ever since I was ~11 or such. It was terrifying the first time around, but over the years I've learned to kind of 'shake' myself awake from that, if that makes any sense. The reaction to it nowadays is more akin to "oh ffs I'm tired of this shit" as opposed to actual fear.

I do that with nightmares I have. I can force-wake myself up. Pretty helpful

Tactile and auditory hallucinations are somewhat rare, but on most occasions I see things like a chair taking a humanoid shape or something to that effect.

whoa that sounds kinda cool ngl