Dual Audio Concerns? minor spoiler

Captain Karnage

sorry for the short post but,

So I'm one of thoes people who decied within the first two hours if they don't like the english voiceovers I'll swap over to the Japanese voice track.

So after playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and listening to the english dub for at least 3 hours I've decided that I didn't like it. When I went into the options menu I saw that there was no option to switch over to the original voices. I am a little concerned that because of what Peri and Zero say might axe off this option in the international release.

and I want to hear Azura's Japanese singing, I just don't care for dubbing music

( I actually met Rena Stober years ago when I was doing chior in middle/high school, and she has a lovely singing voice)

don't get me wrong, I think that Awakening and the original Xenoblade had exellent dubbing it's just if the voice actors sound like they don't care I won't care either.

(i'm also a really big fan of Atlus dubs, SMT IV and Persona were amazing)

I really want dual audio just so everyone can hear Azura's beautiful singing

Tiny Spoiler, has a little to do with the plot

plus this could make the last chapter's theme hit or miss depending on how well you like Rena's singing

Edited by Captain Karnage

I hope for dual audio too... After watching videos of people playing the game, I get used to the japanese voices, also some of the seiyuus from Fates, are seiyuus I know from a series I like (Tenipuri), like Suwabe Junichi and Tarusuke Shingaki.

But at the same time... If they add dual audio, I hope it doesn't have the same bug than in Awakening!

What do you mean, there's no dual audio option, they'd be adding it :P

Well I mean for the other releases and them removing the Jap voices in Eng games. It's not in the Japanese game of course lol (I wish.)

If they add dual audio, I hope it doesn't have the same bug than in Awakening!

THAT ERROR IS SO IRRITATING!!!!! I hope to Naga that doesn't happen :/

Edited by ♡黒猫~

What bug in Awakening are you referring to?

My only wish concerning dual audio is that I want English voice acting, but I want Japanese singing to stay at the same time. Like, let me toggle singing to be in JP and voice overs to be in ENG. I'm not gonna get that, though. It's too specific.

The fact that there is only English audio in Xenoblade Chronicles X is more to do with the fact that there is more voice acted dialogue than Fire Emblem Fates, thus it takes more storage and memory space. Fates's voice acting is only limited to phrases and grunts (and occasional quotes in skinship lines) and all the dialogue in the game is text based. Keep in mind that the storage space for Nintendo consoles is far smaller in comparison to their competitors (Xbox One and Playstation 4 in particular).

Uhhh don't you be dissing Xenoblade X's dub

Caitlin Glass and Cassandra Lee Morris did wonderful jobs as Elma and Lin.

On the subject of Fates, I don't really care. I don't like Japanese voice options but whatever

although I get legitimately offended when someone uses japanese voices for the first Xenoblade. Howden and Reeves alone whip the Japanese voices into submission in no time flat

What bug in Awakening are you referring to?

When you have the voices in Japanese and then it wants to switch back to English. Even though it says it's still in Japanese.....

Edited by ♡黒猫~