Chapter 9 strategy?

PeaceRibbon

Anyone have a good tip or two for this chapter? I'm trying get all the new units in addition to winning, but the sand makes Chrom move like a slug, and Libra has clearly ran cross country in high school. My team is around level 8-9 ish.

Pair Chrom up with a flier. Pair up everyone with a flier or a tome/staff user for that matter. Don't be negligent during the first two turns and nobody should die. Watch out for the wyvern reinforcements if you spend too much time on the map.

Use the Rescue staff from Par.1 to save Libra. Unless you're on Lunatic(+) though, he should be able to hold his own for a while. Focus on using fliers and mages, and target the Archers first so they don't kill you. Don't use anyone who can't use the sand to their advantage/hide behind someone who can- the terrain can easily work in your favor too.

That actually worked out great! I guess I should use pair up more often 'cause usually I prefer more moves per turn over stronger units but chapters like this really shows its benefits. Btw your signature is lovely.

Having lots of player phase offense can be very helpful, especially on higher difficulties, but if you try to have too many leads then you run into issues with there not being enough exp. Support units only need to be strong enough to provide decent DSes, not to survive enemy phases, so they can get away with being a lot weaker- if you want to field a lot of units, it's definitely the way to go (and, of course, ferrying).

You should also mess around with the Transfer and Drop commands. When used well, you can extend the movement range of your units by a huge amount, especially in Deserts where single tiles count for more.

The Ricken bit? Thanks! It's from KuroiTusbasaTenshi's stream, if you're curious- Awakening Lunatic+ resetless on Fridays at 7pm PST. The runs go on pretty long at night, and often we get bored and stuff like that happens.

My previous comment actually was directed at Epsinosa because for some reason my browser didn't show your first comment until after I posted the thing. But your tips are still appreciated and that signature is still lovely. Moral of the story kids: don't use your phone for posting if you can help it. :P