Kamui builds for each route on Hard/Lunatic~

MitoRequiem

bonuses from yato are gained even if you can't use swords?

I'm asking mostly cause as a magic kamui i don't really wanna stick to the dark blood/dark knight classes, right? :S

Edited by Eriotto

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dark Knight is very good, Dark Mage is the problem. Kamui should reclass as early as possible, but Dark Mages are kinda slow and it might make it hard to secure kills earlygame. Maybe +Spd might help. Dark Mage/Knight spd cap is kinda low.

Eh in Hoshido DM shouldn't be that bad. It's not like Corrin is obligated to kill everything in the game. Just deal with the fast enemies with someone faster or someone that can 1-shot them. DK Corrin can be great in Hoshido due to the lack of mounts that aren't kill by Bows. With a good Pair Up, Yato, and (if your speed is really suffering that badly) Horse God, DK could be a great asset to Hoshido because of it's high defenses, powerful mixed offense, and high Movement.

E: @Eriotto, Yato boosts, along with those of the Raijinto and Seigfried, are gained just by having them in their respective character's inventory.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

E: @Eriotto, Yato boosts, along with those of the Raijinto and Seigfried, are gained just by having them in their respective character's inventory.

Oh, good, this is nice.

If even siegfried leave it's bonuses i can even try to grind marx as a exorcist (lol)

Well, gotta go think about class i want eventually take as a Kamui~ : 3

How is this for a Hoshido avatar on Lunatic, I don't really care about post game for now.

Thwomp +Str/-Mag
Base Growths: HP 45% Str 60% Mag 15% Skl 45% Spd 40% Lck 45% Def 40% Res 20%
Path: Dark Princess <LVL10> Cavalier <LVL20> Great Knight
Skills: Noble Lineage, Open Assault, Diamon Strike, Luna or Dragon Fang, Hoshido?
I'm not sure if Luna or Dragon Fang would be better or if reclassing back to White Blood would be worth it for the Hoshido skill.

How is this for a Hoshido avatar on Lunatic, I don't really care about post game for now.

Thwomp +Str/-Mag
Base Growths: HP 45% Str 60% Mag 15% Skl 45% Spd 40% Lck 45% Def 40% Res 20%
Path: Dark Princess <LVL10> Cavalier <LVL20> Great Knight
Skills: Noble Lineage, Open Assault, Diamon Strike, Luna or Dragon Fang, Hoshido?
I'm not sure if Luna or Dragon Fang would be better or if reclassing back to White Blood would be worth it for the Hoshido skill.

I've heard Dragon Fang is better.

We are talking about Kamui here. Make him whatever you want, and he will still be good regardless. This isn't FE13 with OP Robin/Morgan Solo. Hell, some other characters are just as good or maybe even better then him (Ryoma, Camilla, Xander)

I'm still a bit paranoid about it. I want to at least go through White Blood to get the skills even if I don't stay in it, in which case I'd end up as a Dread Fighter for personal bias. Are they good?

Dread fighter seems great. It has full WT control, gives Yato access, Kunai for 1-2 range, and Aggressor. Only problem is that your weapon ranks will be low, so maybe toss Kamui an arms scroll.

I'm fine with showing a little favoritism like an Arms Scroll. So this is fine for me. I'm pleased that Dread Fighter is good. Mmm... yes...

Dread fighter seems great. It has full WT control, gives Yato access, Kunai for 1-2 range, and Aggressor. Only problem is that your weapon ranks will be low, so maybe toss Kamui an arms scroll.

You can start to train weapon ranks from very beginning, so they won't be low.

Going back to +Speed vs +Strength, I understand +Speed is probably overkill, but does it help Siegbert with his speed if I'm planning on marrying Marx? I know Marx has a reputation of being turtle slow, so would going +Speed help patch up his kid in that aspect? Or is +Strength still the way to go? Thanks in advance!

2 questions.

1. Why is hero considered not to be a good class?

2. I thought hoshido was a good skill cause isn't it like rightful king?

Not sure about Hero. It would be great for Proc builds in Hosh and IK, though, with it's beastly Skill and Yato access. Hoshido/Dragon Fang/Sol sounds great by itself, not to mention anything else you can pick up along the way, namely something like Luna because getting the class would be easy (Marriage with Jakob for Femui and Buddy with Silas for Mamui) and high Proc rate. With DLC, you could get Aether as an item by beating the Vangaurd map. All in all it could be good but there are better options out there.

Going back to +Speed vs +Strength, I understand +Speed is probably overkill, but does it help Siegbert with his speed if I'm planning on marrying Marx? I know Marx has a reputation of being turtle slow, so would going +Speed help patch up his kid in that aspect? Or is +Strength still the way to go? Thanks in advance!

No such thing as overkill when it comes to Speed. However, Corrin already has a great Speed growth and most of the clases that (s)he works really well in also give Speed so (s)he really doesn't need +Spd to be fast, which is why most people run something that makes their attacks hurt more. If you really wanted to use Seigbert then yeah +Spd would be good but honestly his dad will almost always outclass him just because of Seigfried's awesomeness. You wouldn't want Corrin and Xander to pair up, though, because they are both map clearing badasses and to limit them to only using one at a time would be a shame. I would probably pair him with some kind of captured fodder or someone who gives Speed and Strength, so maybe Elite Ninja Lazward because they can support.

E: Additionally, the extra Speed would give you the freedom to run a slower class, so take that as you will.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

We are talking about Kamui here. Make him whatever you want, and he will still be good regardless. This isn't FE13 with OP Robin/Morgan Solo. Hell, some other characters are just as good or maybe even better then him (Ryoma, Camilla, Xander)

Kamui is better than them by a significant margin, assuming you rock a good build.

2 questions.

1. Why is hero considered not to be a good class?

2. I thought hoshido was a good skill cause isn't it like rightful king?

1) I don't know why either. The class is great statistically (20 HP/15 Str/20 Skl/15 Spd/10 Def is pretty rad), has great skills, and has Yato for Kamui.

2) RK wasn't good in Awakening, it's not good here either.

+Str is the way to go.

bonuses from yato are gained even if you can't use swords?

I'm asking mostly cause as a magic kamui i don't really wanna stick to the dark blood/dark knight classes, right? :S

Yes.

Edit

So is magical Paladin really better than a Dark Knight MU for Nohr Hard/Lunatic? Paladin deals comparable magical damage because of the outdoor +3 dmg skill and is faster, while DK has better mag damage on terrain and can use 1-2 range magic before Levin Sword can be bought, also being fully able to double with it. Dark Knight isn't really much worse as a Yato user, either, but it's not like you're really compelled to use that sword tbqh; just keep it in the inventory for the stat boosts.

I think Paladin's selling point (namely for efficiency runs) is that it has +2 mov over Dark Mage prior to promotion after reclass, and retains sword rank which is sure to see plenty of use.

Magical pally can also exist in Hoshido...

I would say Magic Pal is better for Nohr while Dark Knight is better for Hoshido. There's no Levin in Hoshido and Horse God is a thing there along with slower enemies (so DK being slower doesn't matter) and Hoshido Yato boosts speed.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I think Hero is fine. Merc lets you keep using Yato to build sword rank, and you get patient assault, really good skill. Hero doesn't have any super 1-2 range, but they got handaxes, which is better then nothing. Sol and Axebreaker are good too.

remember you have 1-2 swords as well.

Hero doesn't have any super 1-2 range, but they got handaxes, which is better then nothing.

Wait, are there any superb 1-2 range weapons? Other than magical stuff, or weapons that prevent doubling, skills, and the like?

Levin Swords and Handaxes are cool and all, but I thought all the really good stuff was reserved for opponent.

Parasol and Umbrella are 1-2 range swords. They have only 1 Mt.

For lance, it is Pieri’s Little-lance. 2 Mt and 10 Crit.

There are also 2 range melee weapons like Tomahawk. Higher Mt than Steel.

All the above cannot double and are easy to get doubled, but they can crit and trigger skills.

Some enemies (mainly bosses) will have weapons with the same effect as Iron/Stell/Sliver but 1-2 range.

These weapons are enemy only.

So you essentially have to choose between low power or no skills and crits.

They really took the ever-omnipotent Javalin and family down a notch or two. Can't just throw a unit out with Sol and a 1-2 range weapon into a horde of enemies and hope for the best anymore. I suppose that's good for game balance, though.

As someone said earlier, There really isn't any "bad" Kamui just theres like ok, good, better, top tier. I haven't tried Lancer myself but it's probably pretty legit on Hoshido(Honestly I kinda feel like anything can work in Hoshido it's very easy on any difficulty I find) and Nohr.

The main take away from Lancer (in my opinion) is breaking sky access. Spellcaster gives you Basara for Sky and so much more lol. No need to pick Lancer unless you wanna pass the class to a unit.

However Basara can also have potential as Magic Kamui imo, shockstick, horsegod, mjolnir, eventually strong physical lances, As i was looking for 20/20 kamui with +mag-lck and +mag-res it was like diffrence of 3 between str and magic as a dark blood so Basara Kamui can work.
Basara 20/20 +Mag-lck

45.75 26.95 28.9 29.5 31.3 19.75 24.15 20.25

Caps: /65 /30 /33 /30 /33 /32 /30 /34

almost 27 str and 29 mag acording to this cap isn't bad as we're talking about offense imo.

It's simmiliar as :Mag-Lck dark blood and i think also Cavalier or everyclass kamui takes cause of he's base growths~

Edit: Reclassed at lvl 10 to lacefighter, i could choose spellcaster however lazydoggamer was talking about lance fighter so~

Edited by Eriotto