Kamui builds for each route on Hard/Lunatic~

MitoRequiem

I don't necessarily recall enemies with crit rates being an issue.

Off the vague memories I have, the only enemies in which it really matters are

1: Killer Weapon enemies (Wait they exist? I hardly remember anyway)

2: Berserkers with Roundhouse or something

Honestly speaking I don't know...

Apparently, just being in Guard Stance offers +5 CEV, for what it counts

That being said, while it's true that I've not heard of anyone saying that -luck is good, I've not heard of anyone saying -luck is bad either though.

Honestly speaking I dunno, this luck and crits thing seems to keep popping up, but I usually don't feel that it's very important, but oh well.

Well, maybe this example works against me, but here, a N25 Hard Mode Elite Ninja (31 SKL) has only 2% crit chance against Kaze, and Kaze has even less luck than a -luck avatar.

(Granted you could argue that Kaze was in Guard Stance but what can I say..)

(Also maybe to some people even 2/7% is unacceptable, and then I would have no words)

Bold: You just got the honour of posting after one such person.

The rest: Granted, those would be nigh impossible to completely negate. But I consider it just as big a problem when even the rank and file who don't have boosted crit have a chance of critting you (See: FE9 Stefan, Arthur, Knoll - to be fair, that last one is in a game where you had an item that negated enemy crit chances).

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bold: You just got the honour of posting after one such person.

The rest: Granted, those would be nigh impossible to completely negate. But I consider it just as big a problem when even the rank and file who don't have boosted crit have a chance of critting you (See: FE9 Stefan, Arthur, Knoll - to be fair, that last one is in a game where you had an item that negated enemy crit chances).

Honestly, we have had multiple people who have played the game say that -luck works. If your afraid to gamble with single digit crit chances, I saw -Res also works very good.

Many of the early chapters are quite short and simple as well, so there not much pain in reseting a few times, unless you're planning on doing ironman runs.

Edited by R O Y B O Y S

He doesn't aside from the enemies with the Crit bonuses(Trueblades, Elite Ninjas, Holy Lancer, Holy Bowman) and even then they are pretty lowish.

Edit: Also Zerkers, but you can dodge them most of the time anyways.

Good. I planned on taking -Luck as a flaw. The only reason I didn't take it in Awakening is because my BFF4lyfe was Armsthrift. Unless there's a drawback to that aside from a mildly lowered growth all around iirc. Typically I go for Speed (I always go for speed. I loathe being slow in games. I need speed) and -Def. Or is there better flaws?

+STR or +MAG is the way to go tbh. -RES has worked for me but yeah -LCK is fine lol. Its not gonna get you crit unless you run into some berserker and you fight him with a lance I guess.

How am I supposed to tell that it actually IS when I haven't played the game?

also not to be rude but why comment then? Kind of silly to put your opinion on something you havent experienced :P

Go +Str unless you know the class you want for Kamui is slow. Look at Ownage's post above. Basically Kamui is quite fast inherently, and +Spd would be overkill in most situations.

For Nohr I'm going Samurai so I'll be fine, will go Strength there. For Hoshido it's a tossup of Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, or Ninja. For IK, most likely Mercenary.

For what i was reading and lately playing awakening i'll go for +mag - lck for IK, - 3 luck might hurt however i never was critted, at least not as Robin so i think this doesn't matter that much. (or maybe i had luck - inside joke?)
Dark blood with this setup doesn't seems bad, tomes? I'll take it. Especially if you're going pair up with magic unit.

I can also go for + mag - res cause Zero sorcerer pairup bonuses, late but they'll work.

Seems good. Personally, I'd leave Zero as an Adventurer and swap Kamui into Dark Knight instead.

Main thing is i acually want Zero to be a Sorc, however Dark knight Kamui is not bad either.

I thought about DK for xander, but this is not topic about him so let's leave this be lol.

Well probably i'll change my decisions milion times, or just try few saves with diffrent options and choose one i like the most. :P

vfwvpBI.jpg

It looks like Ryoma in Nohr 6 should have crazy critical rate on -Lck Kamui, though we won't actually let Kamui take any hits of Ryoma.

But who cares what it looks like?

DNr0NKr.jpg

Sure, use a certain-death situation to make your point, why don't you? :dry:

Good. I planned on taking -Luck as a flaw. The only reason I didn't take it in Awakening is because my BFF4lyfe was Armsthrift. Unless there's a drawback to that aside from a mildly lowered growth all around iirc. Typically I go for Speed (I always go for speed. I loathe being slow in games. I need speed) and -Def. Or is there better flaws?

I'd say -Skill, if only because it's just what I'd take, no questions asked.

I'd say -Skill, if only because it's just what I'd take, no questions asked.

I'd rather not. I enjoy procs. I'd rather just take -Luck with a lesser impact on procs or -Def... maybe -Res if I want to go full Lumi build.

+STR or +MAG is the way to go tbh. -RES has worked for me but yeah -LCK is fine lol. Its not gonna get you crit unless you run into some berserker and you fight him with a lance I guess. also not to be rude but why comment then? Kind of silly to put your opinion on something you havent experienced :P

Where I come from, there's a phrase for that - Tempting Fate.

I guess I just commented because honestly, I think seeing people write off luck as if it's just some dump stat makes me sick. It's like people just don't respect how much of an advantage not facing crit chances is relative to facing them...

I'd rather not. I enjoy procs. I'd rather just take -Luck with a lesser impact on procs or -Def... maybe -Res if I want to go full Lumi build.

I like procs too, but imho, skill's failed miserably at staying relevant relative to other stats, so...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I see, I don't think Luck is a completely useless state or just a dump stat but I do find it the weakest. Though depending on how you play going like -MAG or -RES is better. I just for some reason don't like going -MAG ever.

Also crits don't seem to be a problem at all in Fates, At least Kamui being crit.

I have a question i havent played the game yet but what is the best secondary class to choose for kamui

Depends on what you want to do, for mine example i'm picking secoundary class for the unit i'll pair up with.

So there is the example: I want to marry zero and i want him to be sorcerrer, so i'm picking exorcist to give him tomafaire.

So tell your prefference and we might be able to help you.

I have a question i havent played the game yet but what is the best secondary class to choose for kamui

Well what do you like? I see that you have a Lon'qu icon so I'm gonna go ahead and assume Samurai would be something you'd like?

If you look at the first page we discuss some pretty good builds. This thread is mostly talking about Lunatic on Normal anything can work tbh so choose what you like.

The top tiers though for sure are like Ninja, Samurai, Cav and Spellcaster.

Well what do you like? I see that you have a Lon'qu icon so I'm gonna go ahead and assume Samurai would be something you'd like?

If you look at the first page we discuss some pretty good builds. This thread is mostly talking about Lunatic on Normal anything can work tbh so choose what you like.

Thanks for the help and yes the samurai class is my favorite i think i am going to go ninja in one route and samurai in the other Edited by Game&Anime

If we're talking about spellcaster, i still wonder why it is on top tier? Larger skl and spd is everything that describes spellcaster as better? I always thought Sorcerer is the stronger one, especially if we're talking about killing units.

Edit: Or i should say, what spellcaster have to offer what dark mage doesn't. (of course don't count tomafaire)

Edited by Eriotto

Sure, use a certain-death situation to make your point, why don't you? :dry:

The point is: when a unit has such high stats to make a certain-death, he still cannot critical a -Lck Kamui.

Most units just have much less stats than Kamui and are not in a promoted class with crit bonus.

Edited by Tooru

The point is: when a unit has such high stats to make a certain-death, he still cannot critical a -Lck Kamui.

Most units just have much less stats than Kamui and are not in a promoted class with crit bonus.

Either way, isolated incidents are one thing. And I already went over the problem with needing to use specific weapons for the sake of crit evade (that being only like two weapons that grant crit evade are good, one of which is locked to someone else, the other not existing until very late in the game).

Edited by Levant Colthearts