Trying to pick characters for my Lunatic run for Nohr

Lucina's Husband

Hey everybody, trying to plan for Nohr Lunatic, and wondering how many good deployments I'll generally get throughout the game. I looked up most of the playable characters and what they're good at, and wanted to make a team from about 6-8 characters, but I'm not sure where to start and who would be good.

Here are my favorites (top of the list being the most favored)

Aqua/Azura
Luna/Serena
Camilla
Xander
Elise

Corrin

Leo
Charlotte
Lazward
Odin

Who are the best out of these to invest in and who would be good options for pair up with them? Also, would Female or Male Corrin be a better pick for Nohr Lunatic? Thanks!

Just want to make sure I have some idea of what a good team might be, and hope I don't end up completely stuck at some point.

Aqua is a dancer. Always worth deploying.

Luna is pretty good, either for combat or utility. For combat, she does great with Flannel and Arthur. For utility, you could just parallel then instant promote her for flying rescue, feeding her the occasional kill so that she can get rally speed.

Camilia is God. She does great with Arthur, Flannel, or Kaze. I'm looking into buddying her with Luna for Patient Assurance to stack with Overbearing for a certain room full of Generals in the late game.

Marx/Xander is also a god. He does great with Luna or Charlotte, with the latter being significantly more effective. Give him a speedwings.

Elise is an amazing staffbot. You could probably instant promote her then have her use tomes for attack stance once in a while because her magic is so high but she is better off not fighting.

Kamui/Corrin is a unit that can range from "okay" to "absolute best unit" depending on your build. Check this thread for ideas. They are always best off with the servant.

Leo is as amazing as his siblings. He does great with Luna or Felicia. Also give him a speedwings.

Charlotte is much better as pair up fodder than as a fighter. Training her can be pretty fun, but ultimately I would recommend it. If you must, she works well with Laz.

Laz is an okay unit. Good bases and growths, along with a nice starting weapon rank of C. He's a bit awkward to use given his join time, though. He works well with Pieri and Charlotte.

Odin is pretty bad. You are best off using him for attack stance early on.

Female Kamui is usually better since Jakob's personal skill is so strong, but there are some builds where male Kamui is preferable (+Mag/-Lck Paladin for Felicia's damage boost, for example.)

Nohr Lunatic blind will probably get to you since it has a lot of nasty surprises for the unaware.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Also, this is up to you but i would recommend Zero to be part of your party (Eponine works decently too).

As a Bow Knight, he can get Kunaibreaker, which is useful for avoiding attacks from Ninjas that have a nasty skill that let's their debuffs stack. As an Adventurer, he gets Pass, which along with an E rank in staffs, will make the endgame chapter immensely easier (That chapter in particular has a setup where enemies are extremely difficult to tank and Zero with Pass and a Rescue staff use can transport an attacker of your choice nearby the final boss).

Also, if you have a parallel seal to spare around lategame, might be worthwhile to make Luna a Bow Knight to get Kunaibreaker herself (also to make one lategame chapter less painful).

I'm not really the best player around but this is part of what i utilized to complete Nohr Lunatic myself.

Good pair up fodders are good for almost everyone.

You may want Xander+Charlotte most of the time. But when you are tanking mages, Xander can have a break and give Charlotte to Kaze.

Or you can do something like this:

1. The pair of Lazward+Charlotte moves and attacks.

2. Xander moves next to Laz, gets Charlotte for Lazward, and then attacks.

3. Odin moves next to Xander, and then... Oh, he is better not to get Charlotte, but attack with Xander in Attack Stance.

Benoit may be useful for first playthrough. Whenever you are facing difficulties, at least you can try slow tanking.

Also, this is up to you but i would recommend Zero to be part of your party (Eponine works decently too).

As a Bow Knight, he can get Kunaibreaker, which is useful for avoiding attacks from Ninjas that have a nasty skill that let's their debuffs stack. As an Adventurer, he gets Pass, which along with an E rank in staffs, will make the endgame chapter immensely easier (That chapter in particular has a setup where enemies are extremely difficult to tank and Zero with Pass and a Rescue staff use can transport an attacker of your choice nearby the final boss).

Also, if you have a parallel seal to spare around lategame, might be worthwhile to make Luna a Bow Knight to get Kunaibreaker herself (also to make one lategame chapter less painful).

I'm not really the best player around but this is part of what i utilized to complete Nohr Lunatic myself.

You just can't get trought? Or it's just 2 risky to do so?

Well, it's always exp, even if it's endgame, still exp ;-;

You just can't get trought? Or it's just 2 risky to do so?

Well, it's always exp, even if it's endgame, still exp ;-;

It's just extremely difficult to pull off.

To be specific, there are 3 maids with weakness staffs that have a skill that will allow their debuffs to stack so the end result is that the unit they decide to target will get -12 to all stats but HP (Burning out their staves can't be done since they have a skill that allows their stave uses to not be depleted). If you also stick around the map for too long, faceless will endlessly spawn.

A lot of people suggest Luna/Felicia for Leo. What about Nyx? With one level, she can be insta-promoted and swapped into Adventurer, which gives +6 speed at S-Rank. Is the two seals not worth it?

The 2 seals aren't really worth it but it is a good option.

Am I the only one that likes to use Effie?

She is one of my most reliable character in Lunatic. Her high STR combined with her personal skill will cut down enemies like butter. She's also has pretty good SPD growth for a Knight and will prevent most enemies from attacking twice with the exception of faster units, but those won't deal much damage to her.

Best husband and classes for Azura and Luna?

Azura shouldn't do any fighting. Luna really likes Arthur and Flannel.

Am I the only one that likes to use Effie?

She is one of my most reliable character in Lunatic. Her high STR combined with her personal skill will cut down enemies like butter. She's also has pretty good SPD growth for a Knight and will prevent most enemies from attacking twice with the exception of faster units, but those won't deal much damage to her.

She's a goddess.

Well...*giggle* this is a first that I've heard of anyone possessing Negative Chain. Makes trying the mode out worthwhile.

You especially want to do the left side (Ch25) to have an easier time to getting the Silence Staff which you need for Ch26 as it is absolute hell without it! Save one use though for the Final Chapter which you need for the status staving maid down south. Camilla for instance can get Swordbreaker with reclassing to a Wyvern Lord to deal with the Trueblades west. East will be impossible without Kunaibreaker as their higher stats already will catch you alot earlier than that point of the game!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

If your Kamui was a ninja, he can snake venom the boss in 25 to death, and use copycat as well. Im not sure but maybe the boss can be drawn with the draw staff if he is in range.

You can't use transportation staves in the field :(:

Oh lol so if your Kamui can't solo the boss, you gotta go through all the mess. Can you just focus all your units one side?

If Kamui can't solo and other units can't deal with other enemies, at least you can try to let Ryoma stay next to the door so somebody else can attack him with 2-range weapons XD.

You can do one side first and then the other if you want.

Oh lol so if your Kamui can't solo the boss, you gotta go through all the mess. Can you just focus all your units one side?

My first run through it was just awful. I focused everyone onto one side at a time. They give you a 20+ turn buffer before the boss aggros for a reason lol.

My first run through it was just awful. I focused everyone onto one side at a time. They give you a 20+ turn buffer before the boss aggros for a reason lol.

How ugly was it?

I remember you said you always run ninja or samurai. I see why lol. But if you do Kamui solo that level, is the loss of exp noticeable? Does it make your units slightly underleveled? Especially with the hardest chapter next...

How ugly was it?

Incase you're interested, I also did Ch. 25 Lunatic one side at a time.

I burnt a lot of staff uses for valuable staves just to complete the chapter (2 Draw staff uses to subdue 2 cut-through puppets that had a 3 range bow and quite a bit of freeze staff uses to stop the other cut-through puppets from doing anything while i focused on killing one. I remember i also used it to freeze a ninja on the right side so the one tanking the corridor wasn't overwhelmed).

Considering the Ninja's on the right side had 2 HP depletion skills (taking away 40% of your HP per attack on enemy phase) and 3 range Shurikens, i had to abuse the Dual Guard meter so the weapon master left in the middle corridor didn't kill the one tanking all the hits once the Ninja's were done attacking. Zero and Luna with Kunaibreaker did wonders with slowly killing the Ninjas when there weren't any weapon masters that could attack them.

Kamui was almost dead by the time my team killed both of the sub-bosses and i needed Camilla nearby the dueling room so Kamui could get to safety (I had Kamui wait right at the top door of the room).

Incase you're interested, I also did Ch. 25 Lunatic one side at a time.

I burnt a lot of staff uses for valuable staves just to complete the chapter (2 Draw staff uses to subdue 2 cut-through puppets that had a 3 range bow and quite a bit of freeze staff uses to stop the other cut-through puppets from doing anything while i focused on killing one. I remember i also used it to freeze a ninja on the right side so the one tanking the corridor wasn't overwhelmed).

Considering the Ninja's on the right side had 2 HP depletion skills (taking away 40% of your HP per attack on enemy phase) and 3 range Shurikens, i had to abuse the Dual Guard meter so the weapon master left in the middle corridor didn't kill the one tanking all the hits once the Ninja's were done attacking. Zero and Luna with Kunaibreaker did wonders with slowly killing the Ninjas when there weren't any weapon masters that could attack them.

Kamui was almost dead by the time my team killed both of the sub-bosses and i needed Camilla nearby the dueling room so Kamui could get to safety (I had Kamui wait right at the top door of the room).

The ninja in the middle attacks first. If you have a low Def unit/pair stay next to the tank, you can save one freeze.

How ugly was it?

Used all my staves just to get through it. The left is pretty tame but the right side is so ugly. Master shuriken Ninjas everywhere along with an Ogre Strike/Raven Strike/Ogre Club Weapon Master isn't very fun.

I remember you said you always run ninja or samurai. I see why lol. But if you do Kamui solo that level, is the loss of exp noticeable? Does it make your units slightly underleveled? Especially with the hardest chapter next...

Not really. You can head up the left to get silence and squeeze exp out of any time spent there and the preceding chapters give a lot of exp per battle. Any exp gained from the right side isn't worth the trouble or staves. You really want Camilia to be set up for the bottom room of 26 though.

The trouble for right side...

In my recent playthrough Bow Knight Luna 1RKO all the right ninjas with the bonus like pari-up, rally and tonic. It finished earlier than left side with less units and only Heal staff.

Since you always have a better Luna and better other units, you shouldn't have trouble there.

Edited by Tooru