Rate My Team/Pairings Thread

riolumaster

So with the game coming in a little less than two months and a lot of Rate My Team and Pairings Topics coming up, I felt that it would be a good idea to put all of them here.

I'll start with my Conquest team:

Conquest (Hard)

Corrin (Dark Blood; Swordmaster)

Azura (Songstress)

Felicia (Maid)

Silas (Paladin)

Kaze (Elite Ninja)

Elise (Strategist)

Effie (General)

Odin (Swordmaster)

Niles (Adventurer)

Camilla (Malig Knight)

Lazward (Brave Hero)

Leo (Dark Knight)

Flannel (Managarm)

Xander (Paladin)

Also, is it possible to effectively train 16 units, or is 14 the right number?

Idk in terms of team size, but overall your team seems pretty good. Your weakest links are probably Odin and Lazward, but all your other characters are really good so you should be fine. In terms of classes, Effie is better as a Great Knight and Camilla is better as a Wyvern Lord. You will be fine anyways tho, if you're trying to keep the unique pallettes.

16 is possible for Lunatic. I have no idea about Hard.

If the last 2 are children/Izana/Flora and join very late, I think it won't be a problem.

It seems to be few that only Niles and Camilla will use bows/axes as main weapons. Maybe you can pair them and get Eponine in endgame.

Since you already have Xander as a Paladin, how about Great Knight Silas?

Idk in terms of team size, but overall your team seems pretty good. Your weakest links are probably Odin and Lazward, but all your other characters are really good so you should be fine. In terms of classes, Effie is better as a Great Knight and Camilla is better as a Wyvern Lord. You will be fine anyways tho, if you're trying to keep the unique pallettes.

Thanks. I'll probably keep Odin and Lazward (or maybe replace one of them with Selena) as long as everyone else will do fine in their promotions. And you're right, I am trying to keep all the characters with unique palletes but I guess Leo, Corrin, and Felicia with an Explosive Shiriken will fulfill my magic needs, so I won't really need a Malig Knight.

16 is possible for Lunatic. I have no idea about Hard.

If the last 2 are children/Izana/Flora and join very late, I think it won't be a problem.

It seems to be few that only Niles and Camilla will use bows/axes as main weapons. Maybe you can pair them and get Eponine in endgame.

Since you already have Xander as a Paladin, how about Great Knight Silas?

Thanks. I'll just assume 16 can work with Hard if it can work with Lunatic. I'm planning on Camilla!Eponine, but I'm planning on doing 1st gen only for my first run. If I add Bowman Mozu and Selena (idk what class, haven't heard good things about Hero or Bow Knight) will it improve my team substantially or keep it on the same level?

Children aren't at all needed in Fates. Sometimes they tend to be worse versions of their parents. There are other threads here discussing children, but I know Lutz and Velour are pretty good. Mozu isn't worth the investment when you are already using Zero. Luna is good.

That's good, I only planned on using the kids for extra EXP. And I'll add Selena to my team

Keep chapter deployment limits in mind. I don't see any point in training characters that you can't use. After you get the last character(Xander, Chapter 16) the limit hovers around 14 for most chapters. Near the end of the game, it goes to 15 and the last 2 or 3 chapters are 16. Im not 100% sure tho.

Keep chapter deployment limits in mind. I don't see any point in training characters that you can't use. After you get the last character(Xander, Chapter 16) the limit hovers around 14 for most chapters. Near the end of the game, it goes to 15 and the last 2 or 3 chapters are 16. Im not 100% sure tho.

Yeah that's true. I guess if I want to use Selena I'll have to replace someone (either Odin or Lazward). I like the two of them more than her so I'll try to make them work, and maybe use her in a different playthrough.

Malig Knight Camilla usually deals more damage with hand axe than with a tome. She is basically a Wyvern Lord who gives up some stats for outfit.

Serena has unique outfit as Bow Knight.

Ch 20/22 has some fliers; ch 24 has a lot. Bow Knight Luna can get many EXP in these chapters so her level will catch up soon.

I heard that hard mode enemies in chapter 25 don't have Negative Chain, so Kunaibreaker is not as helpful as in Lunatic. A fast Bow Knight with Kunaibreaker is still one of the best choices to deal with those ninjas, however.

In other endgame chapters, Luna will attack enemies with slight damage and get some EXP. Bad for combat, but she can still be a good pair up fodder.

Edited by Tooru

Malig Knight Camilla usually deals more damage with hand axe than with a tome. She is basically a Wyvern Lord who gives up some stats for outfit.

Serena has unique outfit as Bow Knight.

Ch 20/22 has some fliers; ch 24 has a lot. Bow Knight Luna can get many EXP in these chapters so her level will catch up soon.

I heard that hard mode enemies in chapter 25 don't have Negative Chain, so Kunaibreaker is not as helpful as in Lunatic. A fast Bow Knight with Kunaibreaker is still one of the best choices to deal with those ninjas, however.

In other endgame chapters, Luna will attack enemies with slight damage and get some EXP. Bad for combat, but she can still be a good pair up fodder.

Thanks, now I know which class to make Selena if/when I use her

As for my Birthright team, I'm not really sure about it:

Corrin (White Blood; Brave Hero)

Azura (Songstress)

Felicia (Maid)

Silas (Paladin)

Kaze (Elite Ninja)

Sakura (War Priestess)

Hana (Swordmaster)

Subaki (Falcon Warrior)

Tsukuyomi (Exorcist)

Hinata (Blacksmith)

Oboro (Holy Lancer)

Takumi (Holy Bowman)

Nishiki (Nine-Tailed Fox)

Ryoma (Swordmaster)

(Not a big fan of Hinoka or Orochi unfortunately)

As for my Birthright team, I'm not really sure about it:

Corrin (White Blood; Brave Hero)

Azura (Songstress)

Felicia (Maid)

Silas (Paladin)

Kaze (Elite Ninja)

Sakura (War Priestess)

Hana (Swordmaster)

Subaki (Falcon Warrior)

Tsukuyomi (Exorcist)

Hinata (Blacksmith)

Oboro (Holy Lancer)

Takumi (Holy Bowman)

Nishiki (Nine-Tailed Fox)

Ryoma (Swordmaster)

(Not a big fan of Hinoka or Orochi unfortunately)

Overall pretty solid Birthright team there though there are a few weak links. Sakura is better as a Exorcist. While the War Priestess promo bonuses are really good, Bows are still pretty inferior to magic and she would much rather be slinging spells against the late games enemies(which have more defense than res. Yomi I would recommend since he is really bad in Birthright, but if you are going to use him, then Shura is a better class for him. Hinata does better as a Sword Master since it keeps his speed up so he can double the average enemies in the later chapters. Blacksmith also doesn't really offer much for him other than some more unnecessary extra bulk, but he keeps his sword rank so there is that. Other than that looks good.

Over on Reddit I did some comments about what I think the best pairings are for Conquest and Birthright. That can give some ideas to some people.

Overall pretty solid Birthright team there though there are a few weak links. Sakura is better as a Exorcist. While the War Priestess promo bonuses are really good, Bows are still pretty inferior to magic and she would much rather be slinging spells against the late games enemies(which have more defense than res. Yomi I would recommend since he is really bad in Birthright, but if you are going to use him, then Shura is a better class for him. Hinata does better as a Sword Master since it keeps his speed up so he can double the average enemies in the later chapters. Blacksmith also doesn't really offer much for him other than some more unnecessary extra bulk, but he keeps his sword rank so there is that. Other than that looks good.

Over on Reddit I did some comments about what I think the best pairings are for Conquest and Birthright. That can give some ideas to some people.

I was hoping to find a Shining Bow (for the unique model/palette), but it seems pretty unlikely, I'll probably make her an Exorcist like you said. And as for Hinata, I heard he was a good tank as an Oni Savage, and I don't feel like using 3 Swordmasters, so I'll keep him as a Blacksmith for my first run and all other runs a Swordmaster or I'll bench him.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by riolumaster

I'm pretty sure there is no Shining Bow in Birthright. Only the Shock Sticks, Explosive Shurikens and 1 Bolt Axe from a drop. So Sakura just has to go off Str as a War Priestess in Birthright unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure there is no Shining Bow in Birthright. Only the Shock Sticks, Explosive Shurikens and 1 Bolt Axe from a drop. So Sakura just has to go off Str as a War Priestess in Birthright unfortunately.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I could always get it from the My Castle, but that takes more than 800 ranking, so I'm definitely going for Exorcist Sakura.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I could always get it from the My Castle, but that takes more than 800 ranking, so I'm definitely going for Exorcist Sakura.

Actually, Sakura has a decent Str growth as a War Priestess, being 40%. It is not the biggest growth but it is better then Rinkah's. But anyway, she does not need a Shining Bow to function well, and she can actually use procs like Astra from Hana and whatever she gets from her husband. But then again I am just bias since War Priestess is my favorite class XD.

Actually, Sakura has a decent Str growth as a War Priestess, being 40%. It is not the biggest growth but it is better then Rinkah's. But anyway, she does not need a Shining Bow to function well, and she can actually use procs like Astra from Hana and whatever she gets from her husband. But then again I am just bias since War Priestess is my favorite class XD.

Imo Sakura is better archer than Zero xD

Btw, i wonder how thier support would look (lol)

the only one problem with sakura is rank of her weapon (as for every support), but you can grow it up easy.

I'm still more fan of a pure mage sakura, even if she can't be dark mage. :c (Don't wanna marry her to leo :x)

However sakura have potential for both psychical and magical classes, it's awesome ; )

Rinka has 45% after Oni bonuses

look I'm salty as fuck about Rinka's stats but don't say false things about it

Rinka has 45% after Oni bonuses

look I'm salty as fuck about Rinka's stats but don't say false things about it

Okay I'm sorry. Plz don't kill me ;__;