How should I go about getting the A-Support? (Birthright Spoilers)

solrocknroll

I'm planning on using Kaze and I'd like to keep him around.

However, I'm not planning on grinding, which means him/Corrin will fall behind. Should I take every rubbing opportunity on Kaze to try to build supports? Will it happen relatively quickly? I know that Kaze will benefit more from leading because of Corrin's personal skill, but I'm assuming that Corrin is good enough to not have to work to stay adequately leveled?

Because he's one of the first units you get, it'll be relatively easy to get the A support. Just make sure they have enough contact in the chapters leading up to Chapter 15, and you should be fine. It takes about 2 chapters after C to build one support rank with the proper contact, so you should have plenty of time if you're planning on actively using him.

EDIT: And yes, Corrin had relatively little difficulty with staying adequately levelled (if not overlevelled) even as the support unit, given you'll be using them in the first 5 chapters quite a lot.

Edited by nordopolica

You can get support points from attack stance too, which is easy for Suzukaze when he has ranged weapons. Let Suzukaze hit an enemy at range and finish them off at melee range with Kamui. Or let Kamui tank enemies using his Dragonstone and have Suzukaze next to him. If Kamui is overleveled, you can make him the support unit in a guard stance for Suzukaze.