The FE1-12 Spotpass/DLC Units...

Randoman

So regarding the FE1-12 spotpass/DLC units, have anyone here used them much? If so, how effective did you find them? Also, are there any spotpass/DLC characters that are considered to be really useful/overpowered/cheap? And since they have access to a larger amount of reclass options compared to regular story characters (Eg: Chrom, Vaike, etc.), are there any skills that are highly recommended to get for them?

The only one I've used extensively is DLC Marth. I've got to say, I'm finding him quite overpowered. I mean, he's accessible /easy to obtain rather early in the story, he can use all the Falchion versions, Rapiers, and Noble Rapiers (which no other spotpass/DLC characters can do other than the other Marth versions), and he's got the Aptitude skill which really helps rake in the stat gains. Aside from DLC Marth, I've fully stuck with the regular story characters for my playthrough. Though I am somewhat interested in trying out a spotpass character with both strong strength and magic like Leif or Nergal.

All of them are typically much stronger than non-Robin ingame units. Some of the best price/performance ones are Travant and Ashnard, some of the highest maximum potential ones are the Galeboys, DLC Whitewings and DLC Katarina/Micaiah.