How many copies of Fire Emblem Fates will be selled worldwide?

NewDisplayName

How many copies of Fire Emblem Fates will be selled worldwide?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How many copies of Fire Emblem Fates will be selled worldwide? (m=millions)

• 0,75m
    • 1m
    • 1,25m
    • 1,5m
    • 1,75m
    • 2m
    • 2,25m
    • 2,5m
    • 2,75m
    • 3m
    • More than 3m

They will sell less copies of Fire Emblem Fates than they make in the end. I voted 1 million, just as a conservative estimate.

Edited by Dwlr

Id say more than Awakening. Awakening has really grown the Fire Emblem fan base. A lot of people attack the direction Fire Emblem is going in, but from a business perspective, it's actually really smart. It has really widened the target audience from a more niche strategy game area, to more of a RPG area that has the capacity to be casual friendly, and a difficult grind-fest. Smash Bros has really helped in marketing too. Ive heard or read multiple occasions where someone picked up Awakening because they wondered who Robin or Lucina were. Corrin is going to do the same thing for Fates, which is why he is going to likely be released first week of Feb.

Id say more than Awakening. Awakening has really grown the Fire Emblem fan base. A lot of people attack the direction Fire Emblem is going in, but from a business perspective, it's actually really smart. It has really widened the target audience from a more niche strategy game area, to more of a RPG area that has the capacity to be casual friendly, and a difficult grind-fest. Smash Bros has really helped in marketing too. Ive heard or read multiple occasions where someone picked up Awakening because they wondered who Robin or Lucina were. Corrin is going to do the same thing for Fates, which is why he is going to likely be released first week of Feb.

I'd lean towards this too. Personally I voted for 2 mil which would be meeting Awakening. Obviously part of that is slow burn...

In Japan Fates outsold awakening in the first week by 100,000 copies (I'm pretty sure Media Creates only counts physical copies, so it's unlikely this is being boosted significantly by double dipping on versions since I'd bet most people went for the discounted second version digitally).

how many copies have been sold in japan so far

given that the special edition was sold out, i would say numbers should be looking good

~540,000 copies per Famitsu. I don't think this includes digital copies/alternate path dlc.

probably a bit less in America because of that 3DS hax thing people use to pirate games.

but given how it already outsold Awakening in Japan, worldwide it will sell more than Awakening did (likely)

and we're not even counting people that will buy all 3 routes

this will probably be Nintendo's most proffiteable FE

and we're not even counting people that will buy all 3 routes

Oh true, I didn't even think about that. You've bumped my vote up to >3 million. :3

What kind of timeframe are we looking at here?

As for launch week, I voted .75m (between the two regions). It'll probably break 1 million a while after its release in Europe.

I thought since OP didn't specify a timeframe, they just meant total sales?

I hate to be the person, but *sold*.

I didn't want to be the one, but I was thinking this the entire time.

ANYWAY,

I'm thinking it will outsell Awakening simply because if you count both versions (the 3rd, Revelation being counted as DLC) that's already double if it sells as well. If it sells even half of Awakening each then it'll match the numbers and if it drops by 25% each it still outsold it by 50% total, so I think the numbers will be good no matter what.

Riding on the coattails of Awakening, Fates has to do good.

Edited by kisooni