Alittle confused about Deere's Practicality.

Rhubarb

Here's the deal, I am planing both a male file and female file. For my female file, I considered pairing her up with Jakob (whom I read is a good partner for the FeMui), but at the same time I want to have a decent child (beside Kanna) Deere. I researched here abit and noticed most of the opinions/experiences with him are indifferent or mediocre as far as unit practicality goes. I've also looked him up on other sites, such as Gamefaqs and they've said the exact opposite about him. His growth rates seem to suggest the earlier. I know parents play a crucial role in this, but I trust you guy's input on the character more than any other site. If it makes a difference, I intended to go for or more magic inclined FeMui - would this not be very effective, even with his base class and promotions? Or should I spec differently for femui / take another route?

tl;dr

- Is Deere worth it both considering and not considering a Mag spec Femui? I enjoyed fiddling around with the children a decent bit in Awakening, but I'd rather not have to "grind" too much to with the children this time around.

- Heck, is Jakob worth it with Mag Spec period?

Here's the deal, I am planing both a male file and female file. For my female file, I considered pairing her up with Jakob (whom I read is a good partner for the FeMui), but at the same time I want to have a decent child (beside Kanna) Deere. I researched here abit and noticed most of the opinions/experiences with him are indifferent or mediocre as far as unit practicality goes. I've also looked him up on other sites, such as Gamefaqs and they've said the exact opposite about him. His growth rates seem to suggest the earlier. I know parents play a crucial role in this, but I trust you guy's input on the character more than any other site. If it makes a difference, I intended to go for or more magic inclined FeMui - would this not be very effective, even with his base class and promotions? Or should I spec differently for femui / take another route?

tl;dr

- Is Deere worth it both considering and not considering a Mag spec Femui? I enjoyed fiddling around with the children a decent bit in Awakening, but I'd rather not have to "grind" too much to with the children this time around.

- Heck, is Jakob worth it with Mag Spec period?

Jakob has -2 Mag modifier though. So if you have +Mag/-Luck spec, then your kids will only have +2 Mag modifier...

What saves Deere for me is that his recruitment chapter is hilariously easy, as all you need to do is open the door and kill the boss on the first turn. So if you don't care about fighting the other enemies, you can wait until Chapters 23-26 to recruit him and pop the Child Seal for an immediately usable high-level unit without worrying about slogging through a difficult chapter. In Birthright I married Jakob to Kagerou, waited until Chapter 26, used the Child Seal for Butler, then Paralleled him to Elite Ninja for an immediately effective Tomebraker + Daggerfaire anti-mage unit.

Now, you could say this about any of the kids save for maybe Lutz, Ignis and Shinonome, but Deere's chapter is so very easy and healers are hard to level up in Lunatic mode.

Deere definitely wants to be Physical, but with +2 in Mag and Str, +3 Spd and Skl (though Skl mods are pretty much negligible), and not trash defenses he and Kanna will be well-rounded Mixed units. Just stick him in a moderately speedy mixed class like Dark Blood or Basara. Also please tell me your MU has black hair because L.