Lucina: Is Bow Knight a good idea for Apoth?

Minedreigon

I've been considering using Bow Knight Lucina for Apoth because of how good of a supporting weapon bows are (no weapon triangle in dual strikes etc) but I'm a bit conflicted due to how Skill cramped she'll be. LB / Galeforce kinda goes without saying, and I have already collected access to Dual Strike + / Dual Guard + / Bowfaire / Luna / Aether (proc stacking) for use on classes. I'm trying to figure out what could be optimal for her as a Bow Knight, and also what she would do with her available skills for other classes. I've created some options and wanted to know what you lot thought.

Bow Knight

- Limit Breaker

- Galeforce

- Bowfaire (?) / Luna (?)

- Dual Strike +

- Aether (?) / Luna (?) / Dual Guard + (?)

But I can't figure out what to put on slots 3 and 5. Do I go for more power in my bow dual strikes and run no procs as a result, or do I proc stack with this one?

If you decide that Bow Knight is in fact un-optimal, I've created these and you could help me choose here.

Paladin

- Limit Breaker

- Galeforce

- Dual Strike +

- Luna / Dual Guard + (?)

- Aether

Great Lord

- Limit Breaker

- Galeforce

- Dual Strike +

- Luna

- Aether

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Minedreigon

Dual Guard+ is not really worth a slot since Apo is geared towards straight offense, picking and choosing fights on your own terms, and having a general understanding of the map. Dual Guard+ is only relevant if it saves your unit from dying (because otherwise they'll be at full HP). At that point, you are putting your hands with fate rather than being the tactician. Most people probably proc stack her Aether/Luna over -faire.

The classes might boil down to her partner and genetics (perhaps she reaches 75 Spd in one, but the others only reach 69). And it also depends on what her partner wants (since their pair up bonuses are also different).

Depends on who is Lucina's mother...?

Olivia, because I wanted Chrom!Inigo.

To avoid that being a one liner, I would also like to add that she'll be pairing up with Dread Fighter Owain, if the pair up bonuses change something. He has a speed stat of 53. I think her Great Lord bonuses send him to 75 speed. - Nevermind, he hits 74. DAMNIT!

Vascela, my Lucina isn't hitting 75 speed, even in Great Lord due to the low Speed pair up bonus she's getting. Paladin isn't hitting 69 so I'll drop that idea. EDIT: NEVERMIND, Dread Fighter gives more speed then I remember. She gets 75 in Great Lord, and Paladin also hits 69.

Edited by Minedreigon

Lucina always, regardless of mother (don't do Sully/Maiden) wants to run LB/GF/Luna/Aether/DSt+ for maximum lead damage output. There are a few cases where you'd do something differently, but none of them apply to general play.

Please tell me that isn't a Vaike!Owain.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Lucina always, regardless of mother (don't do Sully/Maiden) wants to run LB/GF/Luna/Aether/DSt+ for maximum lead damage output. There are a few cases where you'd do something differently, but none of them apply to general play.

Please tell me that isn't a Vaike!Owain.

I am so sorry, but I mucked up and produced Vaike!Owain. I realised this was foolish after seeing his skill pool and giving up on my pairing skills. Forgive me for my sins. Can I fit All Stats +2 on Owain to hit 75 speed if I go GL instead?

Also, yes, I will be sure to run that skill spread now, thanks. Proc stacking is just as good as I imagined it would be in practice so I stuck with it.

Edited by Minedreigon

You can put All+2 on him since he lacks a proc, but don't expect it to be very impressive. It's probably not even important, since you'll always want Lucina up front for fighting bosses (75 Spd on both sides of a double Galepair has very little utility). And it's Owain who you'll need to ask forgiveness from, not me- he's the one who now has no mods greater than +2 and exactly two new promoted classes over base.

For future reference, if you want a physical Owain, Stahl is the way to go- he has the same underwhelming mods as Vaike, but makes up for it with an incredible skillset and physical class pool.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi