Need a second opinion on Shigure's father.

MitoRequiem

So out of these lovely gentlemen that I have left and unpaired who would be the best to father Shigure? Keep in mind the fathers I listed below I care very little about their children I care more about Shigure.
Takumi
Arthur
Lazward
Benovit
Hinata
Suzukaze
Joker

Something tells me Hinata or Suzukaze would be the best choice but I'd like a second opinion. Thanks in advance

people generally recommend Jakob for the Rod Knight class to give Shigure even more support/staff options

???

Doesn't Shigure have Rod Knight to start?

???

He does indeed. Jacob passes down Wyvern Rider. I actually run Jacob as a father for the opposite reason: I feel it makes Shigure a great physical attacker. Strength mod of +3 and Speed and Skill are +4, which is fair enough. Makes a decent Berserker if you want to marry him to Velour.

Takumi - Archer access helps and you can run a bowfaire Golden Kite. Class share a promotion but as long as he can get a proc he should be fine. Takumi's growths work well with his.
Arthur - Another surprisingly solid choice. Arthur can pass roundhouse or +HP, and his mods are actually better than Takumi for minimaxing. No class sharing promotions, and his growths work well with him.
Lazward - Another solid all around. Low speed hurts a bit but merc access works well. Soliel benefits from it more, but he'll do. Outside of defense, solid mods.
Benoit - Nah, you dont want to try to repair Ben's speed, it's forever doomed. Sure, mod wise, it's all positives, and class wise, it can work solidly. But Benoit's 10% personal speed growth combined with Shigure's 35%.....uh uh.
Hinata - Once again, speed will be an issue. Growth wise, Hinata is only 5% faster than Ben. He provides better mods where it counts, and the myrmidon tree. But not as good as you'd think.
Suzukaze - Solid and lightning fast. As a ninja, Shigure can never be useless. Mods don't clash too much, but they will be fragile to the bone.
Joker - Solid. Easy to do, and helps out with some magic skills and support. Growths don't clash and mods arent worrysome.

???

Well, he does from mother, he gets wyverns from Jacob, but shouldn't he get cavalier?

Edited by Eriotto

Interesting thanks for the info. I kinda sorta want to keep him as a Pegasus Knight or some type of flier. If Wyvern Rider is the better choice for him I'd be willing to go that route. so Joker and Arthur are looking like the attractive choices. If I decide Arthur I can still buddy seal Lutz correct?

I still don't understand why Shigure have wyverns from Jackob when he doesn't have Jackob secound class (Cav) Someone can confirm that he gets wyverns in-game? Or maybe i'm missing something?

I still don't understand why Shigure have wyverns from Jackob when he doesn't have Jackob secound class (Cav) Someone can confirm that he gets wyverns in-game? Or maybe i'm missing something?

I can confirm it's true.. Here he is in my game. Jakob!Shigure class option from Parallel Seal.

zWF0XUP.jpg?1

He gets Wyvern Rider from Azura because Father's class is considered first. So it runs like this: His base class is Pegasus Warrior > He gets Rod Knight from Jakob > Azura pass down Pegasus Warrior for her child, but since Shigure already starts off as Pegasus Warrior, he should get Azura hidden class (Rod Knight), but Shigure already got that class from his father (Jakob) so he gets Parallel class from Azura's Pegasus Warrior instead which is Wyvern Rider.

Edited by KamuiSama

I can confirm it's true.. Here he is in my game. Jakob!Shigure class option from Parallel Seal.

zWF0XUP.jpg?1

He gets Wyvern Rider from Azura because Father's class is considered first. So it runs like this: His base class is Pegasus Warrior > He gets Rod Knight from Jakob > Azura pass down Pegasus Warrior for her child, but since Shigure already starts off as Pegasus Warrior, he should get Azura hidden class (Rod Knight), but Shigure already got that class from his father (Jakob) so he gets Parallel class from Azura's Pegasus Warrior instead which is Wyvern Rider.

I see now, will remember this~

Azura x Silas does give a really great Shigure since he can inherit Luna or Open Assault. Doesn't help Sophie out much and just doubles down low bulk high speed. She does get Peg Knight though which is pretty good and she keeps her Lance rank.

Edited by Shephen