There should be a 3rd Shadow Pokémon game

Nym

First of all, if you don't know what is a Shadow pokémon, you can look here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_Pok%C3%A9mon (tell me if the link doesnt work, I have some issues sometimes).

I really liked the mechanic of Shadow pokémon, not only that capturing Shadow pokémon is quite unique (stealing pokémon from other trainers, you almost feel like a villain) but it's also a challenge, specially in XD.

Ha​ving only trainer battles (well, you can catch wild pokémon in XD but you have a total of 9 pokémon to catch and you don't run in the grass, this time around) and almost all of them are double battles is also something unique in both of these games.

The goal of both game is quite different from the main games since gym battles, elite four and champion don't exist in this game but you have to fight the criminal organisation right from to start to the end.

The only that is really​ sad is the fact that both of these game took place before the gen 4 split so a lot of pokémon in these game end being mediocre or really bad.

Or having stupid design choices such as getting Run away in a lot of pokémon as their ability where there is not even a ''Run away'' option in the battle options.

But now, with everything we have, including mega evolution (negastone for Shadow pokémon?), it would really great if we could get a 3rd game.

Shadow Lugia was also the only Shadow Pokémon that change the appearance (but now there is Shadow Mewtwo, possible hint anyone?)

By the way, imagine that you could use Shadow pokémon competitively, everything would be Uber!

Edited by Nym

Well you can check out some fangames made with the Pokemon Essentials engine, it can include shadow pokemon. And the useless abilities thing: if you transfer them to a main series GBA game then they won't be as useless.

I enjoyed those two games so I can agree with this. To a certain extent. I don't think you should be able to use shadow pokemon in link battles or mega evolve them, if you could it would take away the purpose of having them purified.

I'd love another Shadow game. I absolutely adore them.

I prefer Colo to XD though. I liked Colo's atmosphere more, and I actually enjoyed how the game gave you an onslaught of awful Pokemon to make the most of... provided you didn't cheese it with all of the Legendary Beasts.

What other game would you unironically use Stantler or Misdreavus tbh?

I would love a new Colosseum or XD.

Really, I would love one, the problem is that the selling point of Colosseum and XD was that they were 3D Pokemon adventures, but with Gen 6, it lost that.

I know that the Colosseum and XD games are very different from the X&Y games, but the whole reason people bought Colosseum and XD was because it was a 3D Pokemon adventure, and also because it was the only way to get Gen 2 Pokemon in that time.

But now, I'm not sure if there enough incentive for people to buy a 3rd shadow pokemon game.

Well you can check out some fangames made with the Pokemon Essentials engine, it can include shadow pokemon. And the useless abilities thing: if you transfer them to a main series GBA game then they won't be as useless.

I enjoyed those two games so I can agree with this. To a certain extent. I don't think you should be able to use shadow pokemon in link battles or mega evolve them, if you could it would take away the purpose of having them purified.

Yes, but I think it's really stupid to leave an ability that does absolutely nothing to the player. They could have least give an evasion boost to the pokemon if they got the run away ability. But that doesnt really matter, I guess, since most pokémon lost this ability by evolving (such as Eevee or Poochyena).

I would love a new Colosseum or XD.

Really, I would love one, the problem is that the selling point of Colosseum and XD was that they were 3D Pokemon adventures, but with Gen 6, it lost that.

I know that the Colosseum and XD games are very different from the X&Y games, but the whole reason people bought Colosseum and XD was because it was a 3D Pokemon adventure, and also because it was the only way to get Gen 2 Pokemon in that time.

But now, I'm not sure if there enough incentive for people to buy a 3rd shadow pokemon game.

Well, yes and no. Yes, because of the 3D but the fact that the main goal is completely different from the main series, alone with the way to get pokémon. Just look at X&y when, before even the final badge, Team Flare get destroyed (and let's be honest, the whole reason of their own existence was dumb). They look like a bunch of clowns to me. Cipher on the hand, even if one kid manage to beat them all, is at least a good criminal organisation since they actually did their plan.

Edited by Nym

I don't really have a preference on having another game in the same storyline of Colosseum and XD, though I would definitely want another game that goes to the same degree of separating itself from the main series games. (Maybe not forcing all of the Double battles or stealing Pokemon from bad trainers or even Shadow Pokemon and purifying them, but something that isn't afraid to follow a different formula and even have a more in-depth plotline.)

Honestly, I've been saying it for a long time: after the successes they've had with Metroid and Donkey Kong, I'd love to see Retro Studios' take on the series in the vein of that Genius Sonority took for Colosseum and XD.

I don't really have a preference on having another game in the same storyline of Colosseum and XD, though I would definitely want another game that goes to the same degree of separating itself from the main series games. (Maybe not forcing all of the Double battles or stealing Pokemon from bad trainers or even Shadow Pokemon and purifying them, but something that isn't afraid to follow a different formula and even have a more in-depth plotline.)

Honestly, I've been saying it for a long time: after the successes they've had with Metroid and Donkey Kong, I'd love to see Retro Studios' take on the series in the vein of that Genius Sonority took for Colosseum and XD.

How about letting Genius Sonority do Genius Sonority's job instead of shoving in overrated Retro for the sake of it.

GS has done excellently. Meanwhile, Retro gets called upon to work on literally everything by people and I cannot fathom it. And I actually enjoy the Metroid and DK games, but still.

How about letting Genius Sonority do Genius Sonority's job instead of shoving in overrated Retro for the sake of it.

GS has done excellently. Meanwhile, Retro gets called upon to work on literally everything by people and I cannot fathom it. And I actually enjoy the Metroid and DK games, but still.

Geez, dude, calm down. I'm not saying that I want Genius Sonority replaced in their role, just that with what Retro's done for the series that they've worked on, I'd like to see what their take on Pokemon would be (and, as I mentioned, not necessarily as a continuation of Colosseum and XD). Edited by Lord Glenn