Fire Emblem TV show

ShadowKing23

why not have a whole show based off the entire series instead?

This, seriously.

If it's only Awakening or Archanea, we're going to end up having some people ask "where's Ike?" and "where's Roy?" and "are Ike/Roy in this?" I mean, we had people asking that about Marth and Roy when FE7 came out.

But it wouldn't make sense with the FE timeline, Since Fire emblem Awakening plays DECADES (or something) Later than Shadow dragon and those games. Marth and Lucina are descendants of Marth, and the only reason Tiki is in Awakening is because she is a manakete, which live very long. I think a tv-show based off FE 13 or 14 would be awesome

I'd imagine a show that covers every game in the series would run into a lot of casting troubles. Animated or not, if you covered a game a season you'd have to fire and rehire new actors all the time. You're getting rid of about 30-40 actors per season, and you'd have to find and negotiate new contracts in between each, by the end you'd burn through hundreds of actors, and audiences would have to become re-acquainted with new stories and characters each time. Pitching a series like that would be a nightmare, you might as well make each game a movie, but Fire Emblem's got too many characters for that kind of format, favourites would need to be cut.

You need actors to play characters whether their animated or not. VAs are people too who need to make a living. Unless you want Nolan North filling up the IMDb page, you need to have voices for each new character you introduce.

Well, take the voice of Tharja. The same voice is used for Kjelle. But they sound very different. Bet they could use this.

That'd work for a cast of about 30-50 across multiple seasons, as that happens a lot in voice acting, but it would feel weird to the audience to have a cast of hundreds (multiple games across multiple seasons) to draw from only a couple dozen voices, people would notice. It'd be more practical to just do one game (or two connected ones) over several seasons, and when it's over, if it was successful, consider doing another game with a new production crew.

Part of the way TV works as well is that each season is usually supposed to end with a cliffhanger. If you resolve all conflict at the end of each season, you'll lose viewers.

Except Awakening and Fates don't appeal to the entire fanbase. Some of the fanbase wants to see Tellius, other parts want to see Elibe, and so on. You'd get the most viewers if you used the entire series. It'd take a lot of work and VAs, but it'd pay off in the end.

If they ever did a show, I'd think it would either be an original plot or a massive, series-wide cross over featuring characters from all the games, since adapting the games cold could lead to bit of lockout from new viewers ("Who's this Sigurd guy, anyways?")

If Nintendo starts going into tv shows(they actually said they were thinking of it) then I think I would like them to do a Kid Icarus one before Fire emblem. Kid Icarus uprising seems pretty much tailer made to be turned into an anime.

If they do a Fire Emblem one then its going to be a problem of which game they'l pick. Production wise I think genealogy works the best for an anime treatment. The cast is split into two separated generations and are thus smaller then usual. The story also makes it very easy to make a particular set of characters the focus of an arc. Verdane could focus on Jamka, Midyle and Azel. Augustria on Fin and Lachesis and so on.

It would probably be either Awakening or Achenea though. I have a feeling those two are the favorite continuities of IS and sales do point out those two are more profitable. The problem with those two would be that Awakening is controversial and Achenea a bit bland as far as the story goes.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Except Awakening and Fates don't appeal to the entire fanbase. Some of the fanbase wants to see Tellius, other parts want to see Elibe, and so on. You'd get the most viewers if you used the entire series. It'd take a lot of work and VAs, but it'd pay off in the end.

That would be an absolute mess of a show with HUNDREDS of characters to keep track of and I don't trust a single studio in existence to be able to pull it off.

Either focus on one universe at a time or don't do it.

Fates or Awakening is the most likely to be done if there is one.

While Tellius would be cool to see, it didn't sell well in either area so creating a show out of it is not going to happen, unfortunately. I know nothing on the GBA games though so I have no idea, but their chance is probably slim to none as well. While I couldn't care less about Marth and his story, I think at this point its too old for a series to be created out of this one.The only chance it has is the fact that it is about Fire Emblem's flag ship character, but to be honest I think Marth might be pushed to the side soon with the more recent characters growing in popularity.

To be honest I think the absolute best option is to turn the Future Past DLC into a series. Take out the first gen characters showing up, and create an entire show based around the 2nd gen in this post apocalyptic war with Grima. Would be the best option imo. Think Walking Dead but more stability, not so much death, and one big villain across the entire show with some smaller villains that have to be dealt with each season. Would be a perfect opportunity to expand upon some classes and characters.

Edited by Tolvir

That'd work for a cast of about 30-50 across multiple seasons, as that happens a lot in voice acting, but it would feel weird to the audience to have a cast of hundreds (multiple games across multiple seasons) to draw from only a couple dozen voices, people would notice.

Have you ever seen the Simpsons? They only have about a dozen voice actors top for their entire cast.

If they do decide to make a FE series, adapting Awakening or Fates is the only real choice they have. Those games have the characters that people in 2016 know and love, and they've proven that they can push merchandise.

For the love of peace on the Internet, the only thing I can possibly see working is FE11/12

They already made a start with that in the past and it was...um, not good but at least okay. They could follow up on that old ova seeing as its Japan's favorite Fe continuity.

Yet I do see some problems with that setting, namely that cast members with a personality can be counted on one hand and that the villains have aged pretty badly compared to their modern counterparts. Personally I would find Akenaia a worst case scenario, especially since I think that continent already gets to much attention as it is.

Those reservations wouldn't be to much to overcome and it could mean that they could branch out to other Fire emblems if the Akenaia anime gets received well enough.

They already made a start with that in the past and it was...um, not good but at least okay. They could follow up on that old ova seeing as its Japan's favorite Fe continuity.

Yet I do see some problems with that setting, namely that cast members with a personality can be counted on one hand and that the villains have aged pretty badly compared to their modern counterparts. Personally I would find Akenaia a worst case scenario, especially since I think that continent already gets to much attention as it is.

Those reservations wouldn't be to much to overcome and it could mean that they could branch out to other Fire emblems if the Akenaia anime gets received well enough.

I mean more about the problems that could arise in the shipping flame communities.

FE11/12 define pairings already, nothing new would start.

Doing pretty much anything else, besides MAYBE Tellius, would make terrible things happen.

Edit: also even if the last one was bad doesn't mean a new one can't be better.

And even if my favorite FE plot is 7's, I don't see it working

Edited by Glaceon Mage