Err, does each game really only have like 25 classes?

sinnergy

Just heard about this the other day, I'm completely baffled by this game(s). I'm all for change and trying new things, but the classes are completely revamped!

Does Rebirth seriously feature, basically, entirely new classes? I counted them up for each game and it's considerably less than what I counted up for Awakening, like almost half (counting prepromotes). I'm just going off of the Fire Emblem wiki, maybe its incomplete, but I'm pretty shocked.

All the classes in Rebirth seem to be something you'd find in a Disgaea game, it's like Fire Emblem Naruto version. The Conquest game seems to contain some familiar classes, but missing a bunch of them, plus a couple really gimmicky looking ones (seriously, no swordmasters? assassin? thief? warrior? pegasus anything? only a couple mages?)

Not here to rant really, just wanted to find out the real deal on classes. I'd like to learn more, but man, this whole class thing is really disappointing.

EDIT: Nvm, delete this, found the classes thread. How disappointing...

Edited by sinnergy

Outlaw and Adventurer are basically Thief and Assassin.

Swordmasters and the Pegasus classes are in Hoshido.

Nohr has Dark Mages while Hoshido has Diviners (Mages basically).

EDIT: Also, what the hell is Rebirth?

Edited by Sentinel07

there's still plenty of classes. you don't need 30+ classes at once. often, the excess class count is redundant, or some just simply get outclassed. I'd say there's definitely enough classes in each route even excluding *Revelations. 14 + Singer/Beast/Kamui exclusive + a handful of the other route's tier 2s on specific chars. that's still always going to be more than the number of units you get to deploy and you're likely to double up on a few of those. even if you think that number is small, if you increased each route's number then *Revelations will definitely have an unwieldy amount of classes

You're still able to get access to some classes of the other version. In Hoshido, for example, just from their default classes, you have access to Outlaw, Wyvern Rider, Troubadour and Cavalier. When you factor in reclasses, you also get access to Fighter, Mercenary and Knight. Dark Mage and Wolfskin are the only classes completely unavailable through the non-avatar characters. But wait, there's more! You also get to choose your Avatar's secondary class so you could choose any other base class in the game and share that class with your Avatar's spouse.

Nohr is a bit worse, losing access to Oni Savage, Spear Fighter and Kitsune, but you can get Oni Savage or Spear Fighter with your avatar.

Edited by NekoKnight