If Roy becomes a amiibo character that you can unlock, what would his class and skills be?

Energon

I have no clue what his class would be, seeing as Lucina already took Great Lord. Knight Lord maybe, but Roy isn't mounted upon promotion like his father so I doubt it.

His weapon I assume would be the Sword of Seals, with stats similar to Ragnell, but with a different debuff.

I guess he would have something similar to the charm skill and a attacking skill. Double edge dance skill when

Class: Master Lord

Weapon: Sword of Seals

Weapon Set: Swords and Lances (Eliwood as inspiration)

Skills: Flare Blade - basically Ignis but speed adding to strength/magic instead of magic/strength being added

Sealed Sword - it seals enemy skills (think nihil but for a length of time)

Hero's Legacy - imagine Swordfaire + Lancefaire but give +3 to both instead of +5

Seal-Breaker - prevents weapon penalties for the first 3 turns in battle

Class: Master Lord

Weapons: Swords and Daggers

Uses the Sword of Seals

Skills:

Burning Blade: Skill+3, Luck-1

Smite: Select the "smite" command to deal damage then push target 2 spaces back

Skill Drain

Double-Edged Dance: Both user and enemy will attack twice (ignoring brave weapons), negated by Defense Formation

Master Lord wouldn't work for his class name as Lucina already has it, since Lucina's Great Lord class (and Ephraim, Eirika, and Chrom's) is called Master Lord in the Japanese version.

They could pull a Genealogy and have the male and female versions of the class be for all intents and purposes different yet similar classes. It wouldn't really be that much of a stretch.

They could pull a Genealogy and have the male and female versions of the class be for all intents and purposes different yet similar classes. It wouldn't really be that much of a stretch.

Or they could play the inheritance game and give Roy Knight Lord. In all seriousness, why wasn't Xander given that class

Or they could bring some serious salt, as well a kick ass reference, and give Roy Blade Lord

Just make him a Great Lord

I mean Eirika and Ephraim's classes were totally different despite sharing the name, Roy and Lucina can be like that. Different classes, just share a name.

He'd use swords, primarily the Binding Blade (I don't like the trophy calling it Sword of Seals, the name Binding Blade was in FE13 and it's literally translating the same thing).

I mean Eirika and Ephraim's classes were totally different despite sharing the name, Roy and Lucina can be like that. Different classes, just share a name.

He'd use swords, primarily the Binding Blade (I don't like the trophy calling it Sword of Seals, the name Binding Blade was in FE13 and it's literally translating the same thing).

What I find hilarious is that Sm4sh's trophy description says Sword of Seals, yet where it says his origin game, it says Binding Blade.

I'd like him to at least get one sub weapon to represent his potential mothers, but picking just one would create a lot of salt. Admit it tho, we'd ALL love a class that uses swords, bows, lances, and dragonstones, and can also dance to refresh allies

What I find hilarious is that Sm4sh's trophy description says Sword of Seals, yet where it says his origin game, it says Binding Blade.

I'd like him to at least get one sub weapon to represent his potential mothers, but picking just one would create a lot of salt. Admit it tho, we'd ALL love a class that uses swords, bows, lances, and dragonstones, and can also dance to refresh allies

Don't forget the pegasus, dragon riding a horsebird with a lance, sword, and bow gogogo

That'd be fun but as a class it'd be really all over the place. His stats would need to suck to ma-- wait...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Except Ephraim and Eirika aren't from amiibos, having to buy basically 10+ USD dlc to get something that doesn't feel unique is pretty lackluster.

Sword of Seals being the official from Nintendo of Japan I'd go with that over Binding Blade, it sounds like a better name for a sword IMO anyway.

Except Ephraim and Eirika aren't from amiibos, having to buy basically 10+ USD dlc to get something that doesn't feel unique is pretty lackluster.

Sword of Seals being the official from Nintendo of Japan I'd go with that over Binding Blade, it sounds like a better name for a sword IMO anyway.

Binding Blade is the closest thing to an official NoA translation we have. There is no reason for FE translators to translate the same set of characters two ways. Yeah the SSB translators did, but certain trophies show they aren't very trustworthy with FE anyway.

The class would be different from Lucina's. Not the same.

Binding Blade is the closest thing to an official NoA translation we have. There is no reason for FE translators to translate the same set of characters two ways. Yeah the SSB translators did, but certain trophies show they aren't very trustworthy with FE anyway.

The class would be different from Lucina's. Not the same.

Closest thing to an official translation is trumped by the actual official subtitle there's no reason to undermine the official with a translation when the official would work just fine.

Class being different, but having the same name is what seems lackluster it's not a debate whether or not they'd be different or not, names matter or you yourself wouldn't be debating Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade.

Closest thing to an official translation is trumped by the actual official subtitle there's no reason to undermine the official with a translation when the official would work just fine.

Class being different, but having the same name is what seems lackluster it's not a debate whether or not they'd be different or not, names matter or you yourself wouldn't be debating Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade.

The reason I'm saying what I am is because Great Lord is consistently the translation of Roy's class name, in both FE8 and FE13 when the name is reused. It doesn't matter if he shares it Lucina. It's a translation of the same thing and consistent with their home games using the same names.

Same for Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade. The translation to appear in an actual FE game was Binding Blade. They are translating the same thing, both the sword and the game are Fuuin no Tsurugi (封印の剣). If the game is called Binding Blade and the sword the Sword of Seals it would be inconsistent translating and make the game's title more confusing than it should be.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

The reason I'm saying what I am is because Great Lord is consistently the translation of Roy's class name, in both FE8 and FE13 when the name is reused. It doesn't matter if he shares it Lucina. It's a translation of the same thing and consistent with their home games using the same names.

Same for Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade. The translation to appear in an actual FE game was Binding Blade. They are translating the same thing, both the sword and the game are Fuuin no Tsurugi (封印の剣). If the game is called Binding Blade and the sword the Sword of Seals it would be inconsistent translating and make the game's title more confusing than it should be.

Or, you could just be getting the two mixed up. The Binding Blade serves moreso as a title, while the sword itself, is the Sword of Seals. Just like how Falchion was known as the Blade of Light, or Durandal as the Blazing Sword and Armads as the Thunder Axe, etc. Sure its a mouthful, but what can ya do?

Or, you could just be getting the two mixed up. The Binding Blade serves moreso as a title, while the sword itself, is the Sword of Seals. Just like how Falchion was known as the Blade of Light, or Durandal as the Blazing Sword and Armads as the Thunder Axe, etc. Sure its a mouthful, but what can ya do?

As far as I'm aware, the examples you listed all have two names in Japanese. I.e. There's two terms for each, the name and the title, while with Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade the terms are translating the exact same phase (封印の剣).