Game Mechanics

Lon'Kill

Ok people, First of all, let me say hello to you all. This is my thread that I start posting in here. So, sorry if I posted in a wrong section.

-Well, the thing is this, I'm studying an AS in Game development and in one course we have the project of creating a game. Well, in this starting class, the professor tells us about the mechanics of a game (in general, what the mechanics are."The game mechanics are defined as the interactions between the player and the character. Ex: "the act of jumping is a mechanic" Ex2: "Eliwood seizing the castle is a mechanic") I hope you got an idea. People who are studying this kind of major will understand better and better than me. Well, the thing is in my project my fixation couldn't be hidden and I wanted to make a tactical game, turn based RPG. (yes, a FE). So I'm asking the aid of you guys, which mechanics can be implemented in this kind of games?

My game is really based on FE, a true RPG (meaning that the the role of the healer can only heal, the myrmidon can only slash) so the strategy is really inserted in my project.

point to consider:

Stats are not a mechanic

leveling up is not a mechanic (that is a feature)

So, I hope that this was clear and hope that you could help me a little bit.

thank you guys

1. Go fire up a copy of FE7/FE8.

2. Play the prologue (or in FE7's case, the prologue in Lyn Mode).

3. Log down each step you take in order to finish said prologue.

For example, "move a playable character from point A to point B" sounds like it would count.

1. Go fire up a copy of FE7/FE8.

2. Play the prologue (or in FE7's case, the prologue in Lyn Mode).

3. Log down each step you take in order to finish said prologue.

For example, "move a playable character from point A to point B" sounds like it would count.

I'm doing that. in fact I did that. the thing is I'm already in the Eliwood chapter playing the whole game again XD.