Conquest Hard Mode Team Planning

Zog58

With Fates coming out in a few weeks, I have decided to play Conquest on Hard for my first time through, to feel higher difficulty while still enjoying the story. With that in mind, I planned to use this list of characters, using around 15 to 16 units. The pairs are:

MMU (+Spd, -Lck) (Dark Blood) (Spellcaster/Ninja sub, can't decide)/ Felicia (Maid)

Odin (Sorcerer)/ Elise (Strategist)

Silas (Great Knight)/ Selena (Bow Knight)

Lazlo (Hero)/ Azura (Singer)

Xander (Paladin)/ Charlotte (Berserker)

Camilla (Wyvern Lord)/ Flannel (Garou)

Kaze (Elite Ninja)/ Mozume (Holy Bowman)

Leo (Dark Knight)

Ike Amiibo (Vanguard, filler unit)

The main thing to note is that while they will be recruited for EXP, I have no intention to use Children until Post-Game DLC leveling. This is an adult-only file on purpose, and pairs are done more for support conversations than class benefit, with inheritance being a moot point.

One major issue I am having is whether to pick Ninja or Spellcaster for MU. Spellcaster gives Tomefaire and Breaking Sky which are great for both MU and Felicia, but Ninja gives Felicia access to Kunaifaire and Copycat Puppet, skills she could not normally obtain without marrying Kaze.

Would this team be workable? Any feedback would be great!

Breaking Sky is not reliable on Felicia because of her low Skl.

Copycat Puppet gives you an extra Felicia since mid-game.

low Skl...? she has base 10 at Lvl 1 which is higher than non +Skl Kamui and Kaze who starts at Lvl 3, Silas who is Lvl 6, Arthur and Effie at Lvl 7/6 respectively...need I list more?

she also has 45% total Skl growth which is plenty. low Skl?

Edited by GoXDS

Breaking Sky isn't that good on Felicia because most of her combat comes from the explosive shuriken that can't proc skills. Ninja is a better class for Corrin anyway, but go +str because ninjas are fast enough.

Edited by Mango Giamatti

low Skl...? she has base 10 at Lvl 1 which is higher than non +Skl Kamui and Kaze who starts at Lvl 3, Silas who is Lvl 6, Arthur and Effie at Lvl 7/6 respectively...need I list more?

she also has 45% total Skl growth which is plenty. low Skl?

9 of the 10 is the class base, which will never increase because she is already promoted. Her personal base is only 1.

You are not getting "Tomefaire and Breaking Sky" for Maid Felicia, right? Strategist Felicia has only 35% Skl growth and lower base.

Kamui has 40%+10%/5%, Effie has 35%+15%, but their hit rates are not always reliable.

Kaze has 45%+20%, Silas has 50%+10%, Arthur has 55%+15%.

Edited by Tooru

Breaking Sky isn't that good on Felicia because most of her combat comes from the explosive shuriken that can't proc skills. Ninja is a better class for Corrin anyway, but go +str because ninjas are fast enough.

Frankly, I forgot that Explosive Shurikens were obtainable in Nohr. By all means, Felicia will be abusing them. Breaking Sky was being considered on the off chance of having Felicia's Ice Tray, but Kunaifaire Exploding Shurikens are far more reliable than a proc from her low Skill. I will probably still go +Spd, as I only plan for Corrin to occupy Puppeteer for levels 11-15 of promotion to obtain the necessary skills. I have read that Nohr characters have some speed issues, especially late game, so it will come in handy. If Corrin truly needs more strength, he will likely get an A with Silas and swing by Great Knight anyway for Luna, so his strength shouldn't be a huge problem.

You are not getting "Tomefaire and Breaking Sky" for Maid Felicia, right? Strategist Felicia has only 35% Skl growth and lower base.

Sorry, i should have elaborated better. Tomefaire would give Dark Blood Corrin a nice Mag boost, and Breaking Sky is a very reliable proc for him. Breaking Sky could occasionally proc from Maid Felicia with her Ice Tray, but as you said it is very unlikely. I was mulling over running Felicia through Exorcist for a while, but the Maid ability to debuff will inevitably be more useful. In the end, the question was more like, "Spellcaster for Corrin, or Ninja for Felicia?" I will likely choose Ninja, as the pros for Felicia far outweigh the pros for Corrin. If Corrin does want a higher activation proc than Dragon Fang, Luna or such will do just fine. Thanks!

In regards to the units used and the pairings, are these workable on Hard? Or should I try to switch these up or drop units to stay ahead of the difficulty?

Edited by Zog58

9 of the 10 is the class base, which will never increase because she is already promoted. Her personal base is only 1.

makes no difference if that's her personal base or class base. it's still used in her Skl total and still affects Breaking Sky. I have no idea what you're trying to say or why this makes her a low Skl unit. OP already listed final classes (I'd assume) of each char so Felicia will go back to Maid eventually if that was what you were concerned about but even then that's only a 3 Skl drop as Basara (for just 1 Lvl at best and 0 or 1 Skl drop as Elite Ninja/Puppeteer) and she'd still have equal or higher Skl than the people I mentioned before when compared at the same Lvl. when the others promote they'd still also only match her. Kaze for example would only have 0.1 Skl more while Silas will still have 2.25 less.

to topic on hand again, yes forgot Exploding Shuriken won't trigger Breaking Sky anyways so Ninja it is. will keep any weapon rank you might have at the time of reclass and as a Hidden Weapon user she's more support attacker rather than main attacker anyways

Edited by GoXDS

makes no difference if that's her personal base or class base. it's still used in her Skl total and still affects Breaking Sky. I have no idea what you're trying to say or why this makes her a low Skl unit. OP already listed final classes (I'd assume) of each char so Felicia will go back to Maid eventually if that was what you were concerned about but even then that's only a 3 Skl drop as Basara (for just 1 Lvl at best and 0 or 1 Skl drop as Elite Ninja/Puppeteer) and she'd still have equal or higher Skl than the people I mentioned before when compared at the same Lvl. when the others promote they'd still also only match her. Kaze for example would only have 0.1 Skl more while Silas will still have 2.25 less.

to topic on hand again, yes forgot Exploding Shuriken won't trigger Breaking Sky anyways so Ninja it is. will keep any weapon rank you might have at the time of reclass and as a Hidden Weapon user she's more support attacker rather than main attacker anyways

"Kaze for example would only have 0.1 Skl more while Silas will still have 2.25 less. "

--/21 Maid Felicia: 19 Skl.

20/1 Kaze: 21.05 or 22.05 Skl

20/1 Paladin Silas: 19.4 Skl

And don't forget that Explosive Shuriken has only 75 Hit.

Edited by Tooru

"Kaze for example would only have 0.1 Skl more while Silas will still have 2.25 less. "

--/21 Maid Felicia: 19 Skl.

20/1 Kaze: 21.05 or 22.05 Skl

20/1 Paladin Silas: 19.4 Skl

And don't forget that Explosive Shuriken has only 75 Hit.

Silas will be GK so 18.4 and I was comparing bases. so --/3 Felicia compared to somehow 3/1 Elite Ninja Kaze is only 10.9 vs 11 while --/6 Felicia to somehow 3/6 Silas GK is 12.25 vs 10. so comparing bases, she's better or matching others. then we look at Growth rates. Felicia's 45 total Skl is not low (below average, maybe) but her bases makes this fine. it's unfair to compare just to Silas and Kaze since they're one of the high Skl Growth chars (Silas 50 personal and 10 Class while Kaze has 45 Personal and 20 Class)

Effie has 35 Personal and 15 Class for 50 total

base Lvl 6 with 8 Skl. 6/1 would be 9 Skl if we're to compare bases with Felicia --/6 of 12.25

20/1 is 16 Skl vs Felicia's --/21 19 Skl

Zero has 40 Personal and 10 Class as Outlaw

base Lvl 8 with 9 Skl. 8/1 would be 11 Skl while --/8 Felicia has 13.15

20/1 has 17 Skl while --/21 Felicia is again 19 Skl

so unless you're telling me Effie and Zero (and more) are horrible Skl, Felicia does not have low Skl. she has at least average Skl

Explosive Shuriken's Hit matters...why?

Edited by GoXDS

Silas will be GK so 18.4 and I was comparing bases. so --/3 Felicia compared to somehow 3/1 Elite Ninja Kaze is only 10.9 vs 11 while --/6 Felicia to somehow 3/6 Silas GK is 12.25 vs 10. so comparing bases, she's better or matching others. then we look at Growth rates. Felicia's 45 total Skl is not low (below average, maybe) but her bases makes this fine. it's unfair to compare just to Silas and Kaze since they're one of the high Skl Growth chars (Silas 50 personal and 10 Class while Kaze has 45 Personal and 20 Class)

Effie has 35 Personal and 15 Class for 50 total

base Lvl 6 with 8 Skl. 6/1 would be 9 Skl if we're to compare bases with Felicia --/6 of 12.25

20/1 is 16 Skl vs Felicia's --/21 19 Skl

Zero has 40 Personal and 10 Class as Outlaw

base Lvl 8 with 9 Skl. 8/1 would be 11 Skl while --/8 Felicia has 13.15

20/1 has 17 Skl while --/21 Felicia is again 19 Skl

so unless you're telling me Effie and Zero (and more) are horrible Skl, Felicia does not have low Skl. she has at least average Skl

Explosive Shuriken's Hit matters...why?

Zero and Effie do have problems with hit rates.

Zero solves it by having high Spd for one more chance to hit.

Effie can take a Bronze and switch to it when the damage is high enough.

But Felicia is locked to a low-hit weapon.

Edited by Tooru

Zero and Effie do have problems with hit rates.

Zero solves it by having high Spd for one more chance to hit.

Effie can take a Bronze and switch to it when the damage is high enough.

But Felicia is locked to a low-hit weapon.

but we're talking about Breaking Sky, not Hit rates...

One thing to note is that with this team, the only other low Skill units would be Charlotte and Flannel. Charlotte can go Hero for a while to help, and Beaststones have great Hit anyway. Due to this, I can just feed Felicia all of the Secret Books if that is what it takes to make her Hit work.

The thing about Charlotte is that she's even better just sticking to her husband as a S rank berserker. Xander will be completely fixed outside of resistance and will make Hard mode much less of a challenge. Dont worry about her stats. As for Felicia, she won't have issues hitting enemies for a while, especially since the explosive shuriken comes in like, chapter 12. Plus she'll be supporting MU the whole way so it doesn't matter too much.

MMU (+Spd, -Lck) (Dark Blood) (Spellcaster/Ninja sub, can't decide)/ Felicia (Maid) Ninja, +STR

Odin (Sorcerer)/ Elise (Strategist)

Silas (Great Knight)/ Selena (Bow Knight) Either works really well in pairing up, but I'd say Silas still wants her stat bonues +1 movement more

Lazlo (Hero)/ Azura (Singer) Make them pairing up situational as Azura will be refreshing units more than fixing Laslow's speed. But either way works very well.

Xander (Paladin)/ Charlotte (Berserker)

Camilla (Wyvern Lord)/ Flannel (Garou)

Kaze (Elite Ninja)/ Mozume (Holy Bowman)

Leo (Dark Knight) - Pair with Nyx and make her an adventurer if possible. Staying as a Dark Knight will harm his doubling ability later on, and going sorcerer will harm his defense and hit rate.

Ike Amiibo (Vanguard, filler unit) Has all he needs to fill up. Might want to give him another DLC class to compensate tho.

Thanks for that, Duke of Dozel! Glad to see most of my builds pay off or at least work. I never really considered pairing Leo with anyone since I do not plan to use Nyx, but Pairup fodder would be nice if I have extra deployment space. On another note, do you say +Str under the impression that Corrin will be a ninja often? As a Dark Prince, Corrin has a solid 65% growth, and I planned to give him procs like Luna so he'll be a Great Knight for at least some of promotion. The main reason he has Ninja is to give Felicia access to Kunaifaire and Puppets, and I only planned to use Corrin as a Puppeteer for a few levels to get him Puppets as well. Is +Str really that important in Nohr, or was that done to offset Ninja growths? I was under the impression Nohr had Speed issues, actually.

Ninja is good as a final class because Hidden Weapons are reliable 1-2 range weaponary. They have fairly low might and Ninjas have a low Str growth so you go +Str. Corrin can still use Yato as a Master Ninja too, and he gets the class bonuses. Corrin has base 45% Spd growth so he doesn't have trouble doubling, especially when you factor in Spd tonics, Rally Spd and pairup boosts.

Ninja is good as a final class because Hidden Weapons are reliable 1-2 range weaponary. They have fairly low might and Ninjas have a low Str growth so you go +Str. Corrin can still use Yato as a Master Ninja too, and he gets the class bonuses. Corrin has base 45% Spd growth so he doesn't have trouble doubling, especially when you factor in Spd tonics, Rally Spd and pairup boosts.

Hmm, for story and aesthetic purposes I wanted to go Dark Blood (plus Kaze will be a Ninja, at least), but I am choosing Ninja as a sub-class anyway so I still have time to mull it over. Thanks! On another note, wouldn't a +Spd Dread Fighter be about as good as Elite Ninja? S rank shurikens don't exist on Conquest anyway, and the class bonuses aren't exactly game breaking. Plus axes, I guess. Just a thought though.

Hmm, for story and aesthetic purposes I wanted to go Dark Blood (plus Kaze will be a Ninja, at least), but I am choosing Ninja as a sub-class anyway so I still have time to mull it over. Thanks! On another note, wouldn't a +Spd Dread Fighter be about as good as Elite Ninja? S rank shurikens don't exist on Conquest anyway, and the class bonuses aren't exactly game breaking. Plus axes, I guess. Just a thought though.

Dread Fighter will hit harder because of higher base Str (and growth) and also bulkier because of base. Elite Ninja are still slightly faster though but as +Spd, probably superfluous.

they'll also have access to Swords earlier since you'd need to be Elite ninja and not just Ninja plus access to Axes (though crappy weapon rank plus splitting exp over 3 weapons so this isn't that big an advantage bar Arms Scroll)

other than Aggressor, I like Ninja's skills more but even then it's player phase +7 vs always +5 (though +7 regardless of weapon type)

for Pair Up (though Kamui probably isn't going to be Support Guard often), Dread Fighter's 2/2 > Elite Ninja's 0/4 Str/Spd imo overall

overall, Dread Fighter's probably better just for the added power and bulk but if you are planning on using the ones from multiple paths but not getting more from DLC, it's probably better used on someone that needs it more. if used early, the Tier 2 lvl bases help a lot