Life plays Civilization V (Video Let's Play)

Life

Which Civ should I use?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 1

• China
    • The Songhai
    • Japan
    • Egypt
    • France
    • Germany
    • Rome
    • America
    • India

So I recently bought Civ V on Steam and it's excellent. So I'm going to do an LP with all the Civs available (Vanilla only).

Couple of things:

1) I am not a good human being. I blame a lot of things (one example is a recent court case against my ex-roommate) but that doesn't matter.

What this means is that this LP is rated M for "Mature, motherfucker".

There will be obscenity. There will be drug, alcohol and sexual comments. There may also be a bit of racism and other things. There will also be a lot of East Coast Rap playing and I know a lot of lyrics.

Long story short, if you are offended easily, don't watch. It's that simple.

2) I'm not a good Civ V player. If you want to comment with "you suck", I'll simply respond with a shot about how it's still not at the level of your mother based on last night.

If you want to throw out helpful criticism, that is not only accepted but encouraged.

3) I only have the Vanilla version of Civ V because I'm poor. If you want to gift me GnK and BNW on Steam, please do. This means that there is no religion, spies, tourism and a lot of Civs in my LP.

I'll try to figure out a way on how to hook up a way to record both my voice and the game at the same time for when I start. I will also add a poll for the first Civ to start with when I get home. But for the time being, get prepared. Shit is going to get real.

EDIT: The poll is now up. I haven't used any of these Civs properly so I want to start with one of them. And if someone can help me with figuring out how to record my screen and mic using the best program possible, I'd appreciate it.

[spoiler=Songhai]1x1

1x2

Edited by John Barrowman

So I recently bought Civ V on Steam and it's excellent. So I'm going to do an LP with all the Civs available (Vanilla only).

Couple of things:

1) I am not a good human being. I blame a lot of things (one example is a recent court case against my ex-roommate) but that doesn't matter.

What this means is that this LP is rated M for "Mature, motherfucker".

There will be obscenity. There will be drug, alcohol and sexual comments. There may also be a bit of racism and other things. There will also be a lot of East Coast Rap playing and I know a lot of lyrics.

Long story short, if you are offended easily, don't watch. It's that simple.

2) I'm not a good Civ V player. If you want to comment with "you suck", I'll simply respond with a shot about how it's still not at the level of your mother based on last night.

If you want to throw out helpful criticism, that is not only accepted but encouraged.

3) I only have the Vanilla version of Civ V because I'm poor. If you want to gift me GnK and BNW on Steam, please do. This means that there is no religion, spies, tourism and a lot of Civs in my LP.

I'll try to figure out a way on how to hook up a way to record both my voice and the game at the same time for when I start. I will also add a poll for the first Civ to start with when I get home. But for the time being, get prepared. Shit is going to get real.

EDIT: The poll is now up. I haven't used any of these Civs properly so I want to start with one of them. And if someone can help me with figuring out how to record my screen and mic using the best program possible, I'd appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't have any money to gift you BNW, but sometime you definitely need to try it. Btw, if you're going for domination I always choose Japan, because their ability is super good for clashes between militaries.

Are you going to play on a generic random map or the massive Earth map? Also, Rome is always good!

Generic until my last game. I'm also going to slowly increase the difficulty of the game and probably rage hard by the end.

Episode 1x01 should be coming out in about 18 hours or so.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

This shit is fucking long. I might have to revert to screenshots.

First 100 turns of my first game is almost 2 hours long and I was high so I didn't exactly go fast.

EDIT: I love the sound of my own voice but... no. Screenshots it is. Too high to pull this off.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

So we have an issue.

Any given episode is going to be over 4 hours long and to make it remotely watchable, I'll need to split it into videos of 10 to 15 minutes. That's a lot of high time.

It also means I need to restart. I'm going to get this shit correct. But I need more drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxy4Lw89nU

This shit actually came out a lot tamer than what I was expecting. I also am not good at talking on camera (especially when high) so yeah. But I will get my groove and shit will get good after this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebhU2_4m9A

AND THERE'S MORE! Be warned, this is the start of the half hour long videos. I mean, this shit is LONG.

Edited by John Barrowman