Corrin and Pegasi?

justloveme94

Okay, let me start by saying that I enjoyed being over powered in Awakening. My Avatar was a magic using dark flier with galeforce. I really also liked using magic and destroying everything on classic mode. So I was wondering if this was doable again in Fates? I'm a little confused regarding the name changes of classes. I also hear a lot of people mentioning Corrin should be a ninja. Can I survive riding a Pegasus in Fates? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Well the only way you will be using magic on a pegasus is if you get the darkflier dlc but as I have yet to play the game 16 more days... I cant offer more than that

It's DLC?!!! Ah, that's not cool... : (

I enjoyed Awakening's DLC and was planning on getting the Fates's DLC anyways. Does anyone know when it will come out? Is it a hard map?

It's DLC?!!! Ah, that's not cool... : (

I enjoyed Awakening's DLC and was planning on getting the Fates's DLC anyways. Does anyone know when it will come out? Is it a hard map?

Looking at the DLC page on this site, it seems that it's going to be released March 17th, and is a 4 star difficulty map. So far, it's the only map with that difficulty ranking.

yeah it's DLC but you can also get 2 Ebon Wings (item to reclass to Dark Falcon) by purchasing two other paths digitally in game..

Does that mean I would get it with the special edition since I own both routes at least?

Looking at the DLC page on this site, it seems that it's going to be released March 17th, and is a 4 star difficulty map. So far, it's the only map with that difficulty ranking.

Ah, I will have to wait a month. 4 stars sounds difficult...

Curse my love for flying horses.

Does that mean I would get it with the special edition since I own both routes at least?

you can buy/preorder map pack 1 and have it available.

if you have two routes, you will get Dread Scrolls.. and when you can download the third route or if it's already in cartridge, you will get the Ebon Wings too.

It's also worth noting that galeforce has been severely nerfed.

Yes and no, I think. True, it doesn't activate any more if you're paired up with another unit, so you can no longer move->kill->move->switch->kill-move->switch/kill like you could in Awakening, but on the other hand, Dark Falcon's are not gender exclusive, so Galeforce is available to everybody, meaning less eugenics in your pairings (though that's still there in terms of growths and classes).

Edit: Just thought of something... Warp. Dear god. Warp and Galeforce together could be a serious game changer later in fights if your units are dispersed all over the place. And a warping Azura to sing would take it even further.

Edited by REL

Edit: Just thought of something... Warp. Dear god. Warp and Galeforce together could be a serious game changer later in fights if your units are dispersed all over the place.

Only issue being that Galeforce will not kick in the same turn as Warp, seeing as using warp puts you adjacent to a unit.

Only issue being that Galeforce will not kick in the same turn as Warp, seeing as using warp puts you adjacent to a unit.

Valid point. I guess it's more balanced than I thought.

Okay, let me start by saying that I enjoyed being over powered in Awakening. My Avatar was a magic using dark flier with galeforce. I really also liked using magic and destroying everything on classic mode. So I was wondering if this was doable again in Fates? I'm a little confused regarding the name changes of classes. I also hear a lot of people mentioning Corrin should be a ninja. Can I survive riding a Pegasus in Fates? Thoughts? Suggestions?

they nerfed galeforce and Nosferatu is the only dark tome in fates... so dark flier is kinda bad imo...

Dark Flier isnt bad at all. It's actually pretty damn broken in the same way GKW is considered OP in PvP, It's a purely offensive class, which means if you want to maximize it's versatility, marry a great knight Jakob and slap him on you forever. Keep him a Butler if you care more for damage potential. If you have the special edition, you will have 2 free Ebon Wings, as well as 2 Dread Fighters. Keep in mind that none of them are gender locked now and you can mix and match any and all you want.

Galeforce works well when you don't need pair up and you're confident in your damage output to just clear a map. Copycat really makes it fun.

Hmm, I'm still not understanding how it was needed even after reading the comments. Does it simply not activate anymore after each turn?

it will only activate if you can kill the enemy without Guard Stance (pair up) or Attack Stance (dual attack with adjacent unit)

Dark Flier isnt bad at all. It's actually pretty damn broken in the same way GKW is considered OP in PvP, It's a purely offensive class, which means if you want to maximize it's versatility, marry a great knight Jakob and slap him on you forever. Keep him a Butler if you care more for damage potential. If you have the special edition, you will have 2 free Ebon Wings, as well as 2 Dread Fighters. Keep in mind that none of them are gender locked now and you can mix and match any and all you want.

Galeforce works well when you don't need pair up and you're confident in your damage output to just clear a map. Copycat really makes it fun.

I'm glad to hear GKW is considered a good class in some respect despite having inferior caps to FW. Its such a cool looking class.

it will only activate if you can kill the enemy without Guard Stance (pair up) or Attack Stance (dual attack with adjacent unit)

I never had my units pair up directly anyways so I guess I should be good to go.

Ah, sorry about the preorder bonus! I was literally just going off on what the site said.

According to the information page found on Serenes Forest about the Fates DLC.

Oh. I see now. You save $7 by buying all the DLC together. Pre-ordering it does NOT in fact save any money at all. I'll hold off on buying the map pack until the game comes out, then. Thanks!

EDIT: Oops, just saw Mango's post now, which totally says the exact same thing as me. :P

Edited by Deallocate