The New 3DS I wanted isn't available to me anymore, what to do...?

Anacybele

I wanted the Hyrule Gold Edition New 3DS XL, and when I checked like a month ago or so, it got a price cut and it was still available online. Now it isn't and the price got bumped back up. The nearest GameStop that has it now is 41 miles away. I don't want to go all that way just for a game system. I'm pretty sure my parents don't want to either, and of course, I wouldn't blame them.

I would have ordered it back when I saw the price cut, but I was living in an apartment at the time and I was having trouble getting packages delivered there. The post office people are too stupid. I wasn't taking the risk with something that was $175.

Amazon, obviously, has inflated prices for it. I wanted to buy this because it looked awesome, I love Zelda, and I currently don't have any way to use Amiibo in my 3DS games that can use them. I don't want to keep waiting for some other system, I wanted to be able to use Amiibo in Fates right away. I don't want to settle for the dumb adapter, I want the New 3DS's other upgrades as well. The adapter looks to be sold out anyway, I haven't seen it anywhere.

This sucks, I wanted to use Amiibo in Fates right away, and the chances of that now look slim. I could get that Fates 3DS, but I like the Hyrule one more. And if the gold Hyrule one became available again and I got that Fates 3DS, I'd just be mad at myself all over again. The Pokemon 20th anniversary one looks nice, but it's only for Red and Blue, I want Yellow (it's bullshit that there isn't a Yellow version of this). And besides, there's still the thing with the gold Hyrule one possibly getting restocked. Though I kind of doubt it will. I don't want the Majora's Mask system either, because that would just be a waste of my money. I never liked the game, and never will. I don't like the regular New 3DS XL colors either.

So yeah, I don't know what to do here. There seems to be no answer. :(

They look horrible to me. Not even decorations would fix that for me. I don't like red or black. Red is okay sometimes, but not in this case.

I'm thinking of just paying the inflated Amazon price. $268 isn't really THAT bad, and I'll get my tax refund later and stuff and I was planning a yard sale and to sell my old teal 3DS anyway.

Why not just buy the Fates 3DS or another model you could live with, then trade it if the Hyrule one gets restocked for the one you want the most. Keep your old 3DS on standby to trade with the new one when you upgrade, so you can make sure you get enough for the Hyrule one

>tries to type as fast as possible

Hey, if you're wanting to pick one up from Gamestop, you still have the chance to get one from there-- just go to your nearest Gamestop, ask them to look for the Hyrule Gold edition N3DS and see if any places have it nearby, and ask if they can call to have the one from the store 41 miles away shipped to their store so you can buy it.

I do this a lot for other people whenever they come to my Gamestop looking for something we don't have in stock. A guy wanted a clear blue 2DS and I had to have it shipped to my store from a different store out of state, but we got it to him and he was pretty happy about it.

Sometimes stores can decline to help, but I've personally never had that happen to me when asking for products to be shipped from one store to another.

source: am GS employee and have done the thing.

eta: you also won't pay any shipping or anything like that, since it's just getting sent from one store to another store. You just pay sticker price for the system like normal :)

Edited by birdzgoboom

Ack, well, you're a little late. I already ordered from Amazon. xP Oh well, luckily for me, I'm a conservative spender rather than a big spender, so other than the Ryoma keychain and the couple things I used a Target gift card on, I've refused to buy anything else at the moment. :P

On this regard only one answer: set priorities.

If you really want the Hyrule N3DS then wait for it or get it by other means.

If you really prefer Fates to use the Amiibo asap (whicho imho is not worth since that stuff is better for post game) then get whatever 3DS, I have the red one and I'm ok with the color being sort of burgundy.

So yeah, set priorities.

I am getting the adapter because I don't have the cash for a new 3DS right now. The adapter is $20 and since you really want the Zelda 3DS it is a cheap way to use the Amiibo in game without buying a new system.

If you read my OP, you'd see that I said I didn't want the adapter and I wanted the system for more than just Amiibo compatibility. And if you read my other posts, you'd see that I already bought the 3DS on Amazon...

Oh, and the adapter isn't being sold around here right now anyway, like I also said.

Edited by Anacybele