Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

I oddly enough got signed Roys in both of my boxes a

You lucky ducks, according to my tracking it doesn't look like my boxes are coming until Monday :(

Signed Roy is one of my most wanted cards - if you want to part with your spare, I'd be happy to give him a home.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, my tracking information hasn't even been updated since it left Tokyo almost 2 full days ago... so impatient. :<

Meanwhile, my tracking information hasn't even been updated since it left Tokyo almost 2 full days ago... so impatient. :<

Consider it a blessing, honestly.

It's better than knowing that someone a state right next to yours (NJ v PA) got their boxes, and yours are sitting in a hub that's literally 25 minutes away.

But more like 2 days away because mail

:(

*EDIT* I do want to say I'm just excited, so while I'm frustrated I am genuinely happy for everyone who got their cards! I hope everyone gets what they want.

Also, there may be some hope because apparently EMS delivers 7 days a week? If that's the case, then tomorrow may be a pretty good day. I'm still holding out hope, LOL

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

EMS may deliver 7 days a week, but USPS only delivers 6 days a week and the mailman just left my house ;-;

Give me another day and I'll be in the same boat as you.

Got really lucky; the postman arrived about 15 minutes before I woke up this morning, and the notice he left said I wouldn't be able to pick up the package until Monday. Then he showed back up about 30 minutes after I actually woke up since he had to loop back now that my apartment complex's office was open, and I got my cards today after all. :')

It's the little things.

looks like as suspected, the R+X card does indeed take the place of your + card. on the upside, the change to how many of each rarity in a pack and box does help (as mentioned before, 3 HN instead of 2/pack and now 4 SRs, 15 Rs and 1Plus card in every box). I also like that they put the promo cards in packs of 2, so you don't need to get a lot of boxes to get all 4 cards (Mars/Xander and Sigurd/Chrom).

Basically yes. Since series 2 there has been one promo card for a less desirable character in each set (Bantu, Oliver, Matthis, and now Merlinus).

To be fair though, as a collector Bantu was awesome. With a little imagination his card art is like a generic enemy 'kete and is personally one of my fave reds.

Basically yes. Since series 2 there has been one promo card for a less desirable character in each set (Bantu, Oliver, Matthis, and now Merlinus).

I suppose, but Bantu, Oliver, and Matthis at least have niches(and Oliver isn't even that bad tbh), the only good thing about Merlinus is hid "time to witthdraw" skill, and that's mitigated by his terrible stats and awful "non-combatant" skill. He's also the only one without a skill that relates to another character. Merlinus is by far the worst one.

Oliver is genuinely bad and should never see play ever, Merlinus is quite nice.

There's really no reason for Oliver to get -10 on his base attack, man.

But he buffs Reyson and Leanne. Of course, I've never played Cipher, so I have no idea what the metagame is like. Reyson and Leanna could be shit too for all I know.

Random question for anyone who knows, since I can't seem to find it for myself anywhere... but who actually signed Narcian's card? It's not like he has a voice actor or anything. I'm guessing it's his card's artist, Koutarou Yamada, since that makes sense and the signature even looks like it has "KY" initials, I'm just not positive and can't seem to confirm it anywhere.

Random question for anyone who knows, since I can't seem to find it for myself anywhere... but who actually signed Narcian's card? It's not like he has a voice actor or anything. I'm guessing it's his card's artist, Koutarou Yamada, since that makes sense and the signature even looks like it has "KY" initials, I'm just not positive and can't seem to confirm it anywhere.

Wait... The SR+ are signed for Jun Fukuyama and Natsuko Kuwatani?

Edit: And yeah, the Serenes news in the Index confirmed that it's the Koutarou's signature.

Edited by Troykv

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put together an album of some of photos I took of the S5 guidebook if anyone is interested. You can check them out here! If you want better photos or a scan of any of the pages, just let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.