Quest Battle Rules

Kyokko

At Cipher Sai 2016, there was an area dedicated to "Quest Battles," card game matches where each person plays the match with a special rule or limitation that they announce before the match. The two players did not have to choose the same rule. I thought some players here might be interested in trying these alternate rules as well, so here is my rough translation of the different Quest Battle rules used at Cipher Sai 2016:

Wounded Knight
Prepare only three Orbs at the start of the match.

Misplaced Items
Prepare only four cards for your hand at the start of the match.

Unyielding Encumbrance
All of your units are unable to evade attacks via discarding a card with the same unit name.

A Hero’s Bonds
Deploy two Main Characters at the start of the match.
Both Main Characters are to be treated as the Main Character for the entire match.
If either is destroyed, instead of removing them from the field, take an Orb.
If either is destroyed once you have run out of Orbs, you lose the match.
Both Main Characters must begin on the front lines.

In the Neighborhood of the Front Lines
All characters placed on the field must be deployed on the front lines (not the rear guard).

Proper Names
You must add the word “cute” before every unit name you say while playing the match.
Ex. “I’ll attack Cute Wrys using Cute Marth.”
If you fail to use “cute” before a unit name, you must choose and discard one card from your hand.

Disappearing Remuneration
When your unit changes class, you do not get the Class Change Bonus of drawing one card.

One Who Knows the Future
From the beginning of preparation for the match to the end of the match, you must keep your deck face up.
You may not check the cards under the top card.
(Not on the rule sheet, but everyone I played with using this rule played with every single card visible at all times. Since your deck is face up from preparation, your Orbs and hand are face up, and so on. My favorite of the Quest Battle rules.)

Blessing of the Goddess
When your unit changes class, you draw five cards instead of one as your Class Change Bonus.

If any of the rules are unclear or I used the wrong English terms, let me know so I can edit it to be easier to understand. Thanks!