Full lineup of English voice actors...?

Pete-of-the-Forge

When I first heard Yukimura's English voice, I was strangely thinking about Vault-Tec Rep from Fallout 4.

That's because the guy who voices him is the Vault-Tec Rep from Fallout 4

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, both of Leo's retainers being voiced by the same guy... I guess it could work.

I would caution that this is speculative since I came across it on tumblr that people thought Niles was voiced by Kaiji Tang as well.

There now seems to be some debate over Niles and Jakob's voices.

I've seen some on Behind the Voice Actors thinking that it might be Matt Mercer as Niles.

As for Jakob, a growing number seem to think it's Liam O'Brien instead of Ben Diskin.

Yeah. I'm seeing that too.

For Niles, I believe it's J. Michael Tatum. When I first heard of Niles's voice, I was reminded of Sebastian from Black Butler, Kyoya from Ouran, and Rei from Free!. Then again, his name wasn't in the credits, so he could be using another name. If it's not Tatum, then I applaud to the VA who sounds very close to him. XD

It's not impossible for Tatum to be Jakob's voice (I would love it if he was, as he's one of my favorite VA's), but I'd say it's unlikely. Tatum is (as far as I know) a Texas based actor and Fates is likely being recorded at the same studio where Awakening was (which I believe was in California). He has done some roles for properties dubbed primarily in California though (Tales of Xillia 2 for example), so I guess it's always a possibility.

It's not impossible for Tatum to be Jakob's voice (I would love it if he was, as he's one of my favorite VA's), but I'd say it's unlikely. Tatum is (as far as I know) a Texas based actor and Fates is likely being recorded at the same studio where Awakening was (which I believe was in California). He has done some roles for properties dubbed primarily in California though (Tales of Xillia 2 for example), so I guess it's always a possibility.

Actually from what I've read, the recording studio that was used for Fates is different than the one used for Awakening. So while it's still dubbed in California, there's still a chance that Tatum could have been brought in to record.

In this video you can hear a bit of Azama's amd Setsuna's english voices:

Not to mention Fuga and Hayato. In the next one by AbdallahSmash, we hear more from Hinata and Oboro.

This is completely unrelated to the voices (they all sound good), but I really appreciate how Abdallah is actually TRYING to play the game competently. It's refreshing after all of the preview's from websites...

This is completely unrelated to the voices (they all sound good), but I really appreciate how Abdallah is actually TRYING to play the game competently. It's refreshing after all of the preview's from websites...

Yeah. Only cringeworthy moments of his playthrough are his pronunciations of names (how do you mispronounce Silas?!) and some slight problematic decisions. XD

I certainly hope so. Tatum is my favorite voice actor and he can make any role golden, especially my favorite anime character and husbando Sebastian Michaelis :D

I most certainly agree! He's done many of my favorite VA roles, but my personal favorite and what made me love him most was Okabe Rintarou in Steins;Gate. All my respect for him from bringing to life to that entire role and anime for me (he wrote the script for it as well, so I'm happy he gave 110% when writing his lines~!)

...so any news on Leo's VA??? I really like the voice so far, but for the life of me I can't figure out who it is....

I most certainly agree! He's done many of my favorite VA roles, but my personal favorite and what made me love him most was Okabe Rintarou in Steins;Gate. All my respect for him from bringing to life to that entire role and anime for me (he wrote the script for it as well, so I'm happy he gave 110% when writing his lines~!)

...so any news on Leo's VA??? I really like the voice so far, but for the life of me I can't figure out who it is....

My favorite role of Tatum's is Dr. Kanzaki from Black Cat. XD (Not many people even remember Black Cat was a manga or anime)

Also, I think with all the work that Rena Strober has done in this game, she's my pick for MVP for voice acting. XD

Not to make this the "Tatum Appreciation Thread" (because by god I'd make one), but I'd like to echo the sentiment that his role as Okabe is phenomenal. The entire dub is wonderful, but his performance made that show my favorite anime.

Edited by Avalanche