How do I insert custom mugshots

escotanner

I had someone create a mugshot, but when I reduced it to 128x112, it cut off some of the mouth. Then the game I'm working on my hack showed the face sprite all messed up. Is there anyway to reduce the image without cutting off the mouth?

Could you provide some screenshots of the mugshots in game and in FEditor?

If the mouth isn't aligned in FEditor, then it won't be aligned properly (in which case, move the mouth/eyes and save).

Sure! Here you go:

lCcMXEl.png

lFrNW5s.png

J3pVasE.png

Okay, so the side of the hair is getting cut off due to the thing not being in the (hidden) limits. I actually made a thread about it and someone helped me, so check that out for that issue.

In FEditor, does it look jumbled like this?

f8544422d126c893cb41104e5ca7615c.png

If yes, then drag the mouth and eyes into place then save the portrait and then save the rom.

Okay, so the side of the hair is getting cut off due to the thing not being in the (hidden) limits. I actually made a thread about it and someone helped me, so check that out for that issue.

In FEditor, does it look jumbled like this?

f8544422d126c893cb41104e5ca7615c.png

If yes, then drag the mouth and eyes into place then save the portrait and then save the rom.

Yeah, it looks like that! How do I move them into place though?

lCcMXEl.png

This portrait is, unfortunately, incorrectly formatted.

Make sure you're using the formatting like in this example:

1aKN8dw.png

Specifically: You have 1 too many blinking frames, and 1 too few mouth frames. Make sure to follow the format exactly.

instead of creating a bunch of threads asking questions please make 1 thread with all your questions.

But what if we don't have a bunch of questions at once but they come one after another? Do we NOT use the "answered" feature then?

instead of creating a bunch of threads asking questions please make 1 thread with all your questions.

I disagree. Like Loopulk said, if you start lumping different questions into one thread, you defeat the purpose of the 'Mark Solved' button. A button which you created a whole pinned thread about. On the whole it makes searching more difficult, since you can't simply read topic titles to know what the subject of the thread is.

I totally agree that people should use the search feature more often though.

Also, tagging questions with 'Help' doesn't actually... help. It's too generic and ambiguous. If your question is about portraits, then it would be appropriate to tag the thread with things like 'portrait', 'mug', and/or 'insertion'.

i kind of only meant it in the instance if someone makes like 4 consecutive question posts in a shot time or one after the other. I thought for the sake of less clutter it would be beneficial. At least thats what I did on SF I just had a ghast questions thread. But I guess anything works